Universal Dark Slash: Hero (By Veewo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 9, 2015.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed. This really is a fun little time waster, but the doubler should be a way to ease progression and unlocking of the game's content. If the other 2 or 3 characters can only be purchased with IAP, then it really defeats the point of a doubler.....can anyone confirm if those IAP characters could also be acquired through grinding???

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Not sure why but crashes rite after start up. Huh

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    No crashes or issues here using IPhone 5s running iOS 8.2

My issue is why couldn't they add an on screen joystick ? Also the in app purchasing prices are way too high. $3.99 for just the soul doubler and then to have only one character you can get with in game currency. Way way too highly priced.

Billy

4. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #24 chief78, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    I'm having trouble trying to stay involved with this game. On the one hand, there is a good amount of abilities to unlock and upgrade, and multiple heros to obtain.....But that's where I start having an issue buying into this game. The souls currency feels like it was cut in half purposely to make more people want to buy the soul doubler. And then only the first hero can be grinded for.....the other 3 are IAP (1st costs $2, 2nd $3, and 3rd $5!!!!!!).

But wait, for the low low cost of $10, you can buy your way to a soul doubler and all characters......I'd throw $5 down for everything.....not many games are even worthy of that. But $10..... :/

EDIT: I didn't notice it until after this post but they're offering the "everything" pack for $5. I went ahead and no regrets. It makes the game much more accessible and fun.

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    This reminded me of the game Only one, and as a fan of that game I downloaded this.

My first impression wasn't very good, because I compared Dark Slash: Hero to Only one. And it's hard not to compare them; they have a similar art style and they both are arena type hack and slash games. But I soon realized that they are actually quite different. Dark slash is much faster paced and requires your full attention all the time.

The controls (drag to move, tap to slash) bothered me at first, but about 15 minutes in I realized that I wasn't even paying attention to the controls, because I was so invested in spotting the yellow flashing pixels. This game certainly requires skill and it's pretty apparent that you get better and better at it over time.

I'll keep playing this, but I currently don't feel the need to buy IAPs. The game is fun as it is, I don't see how making the difficulty less difficult will increase my enjoyment.

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi there,

The Only One is one of my top favorite mobile games. I had it on Android and when I migrated to IOS the dev was very kind and gave me what I spent in app from Android. A class act Indie Developer. Anyways I see where you see some similarities. The major difference is The only One has a very helpful and responsive developer and I feel I got my Money's worth. I tried to contact the devs and clicking app support brings you to the veewo website but I can't find a way to contact them. It's not easy to Find at all nor is there any mechanism to report issues or suggestions. I bought the coin doubler and the souls are still given out so lite that even with the doubler it sucks. Also they make you pay to start at level 3. Everytime. ThAts some BS!

Billy

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm starting to think that people wouldn't complain about those IAPs if there were none.

Starting from level 3 is a cheat anyway.

8. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    They're offering all character unlocks and the doubler for $5 right now. I took the plunge. I'm definitely collecting enough souls with the doubler. Only drawback to the IAP bundle is that the Paladin is useless once you've upgraded to the max amount of hearts, and Ryu doesn't seem to have any special ability except his sword "flames." All in all, I have no regrets getting the $10 pack at 50% off.

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    For me its still €10

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    50% off on characters was yesterday. Now it's 50% off on Double souls. I'm sure the deals cycle, so just wait for it.

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    This game desperately needs GC leaderboards

12. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    But it does have a leaderboard...

[​IMG]

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I should clarify, the GC leaderboards should work. Right now, even though I've been playing each day since launch, I'm still not ranked on the leaderboard. I simply don't show up...

14. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Has this been pulled?

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I can't find it.

I'm not surprised. They never made the changes people asked for. I spent a good amount of money in the game to support them. I was told they would change the controls.

I didn't check to see if their other games were pulled. I'd have to search hundreds of games to find it in my purchase history. I do have the game installed.

Billy