Universal Dark Quest 2 (by Brain Seal Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jun 6, 2019.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Bug?
    Adding a torch to the dwarf or archer does not increase their perception by 10% if you then check their stats.

2. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    This!
    I don’t know how many times I have one tapped a character to move them, only to have another character move.

Collin likes this.
  3. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #23 stubbieoz, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    There is a MAJOR flaw with the iOS version.
    As it had been sometime since I played the pc version I forgot about this.
    It has to do with creating a new game.

*PC Version;
    Main menu.
    Click in field then click outside of field and choose Easy/Normal/Hardcore.
    Then type in your Profile name.
    Play game

*iOS Version;
    Main menu.
    Tap in field. Game automatically starts.
    Play game.

First of all you cannot name your profile game-it’s just gets called slot 1. No big deal.
    BUT
    You are unable to change the difficulty level. (From my play testing it seems to be on Normal).

This game can be brutal if you choose wrong character skills in the early part. You can actually find yourself in a no win situation, and unable to progress...... yes even in Normal difficulty. This is due to the limited rooms that you can replay and don’t forget that each replay increases the rooms difficulty. You will probably soon find the game frustrating to the point of uninstalling it.

You should really play the first time in easy difficulty to get a handle on what skills are best for the early game.
    You cannot do this in the iOS version.

This is a real kick in the guts for mobile players.
    Hopefully this can be fixed.

EDIT;
    Please read my follow on post below. It’s not all bad.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  4. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Just before I bought this I watched an early game PC play through and saw it had three difficulties. In my first game I noticed straight away that you couldn’t choose a difficulty level and just assumed the mobile version must be a little easier or something.

I’ve found the game to be quite hard and I can’t get very far at all, especially with each room becoming harder each time you replay. It is definitely a fun game and something I would probably like to play through multiple times, but not in its current state. Like you said, an easy option would allow new players to learn the ropes first. Glad it wasn’t just me who noticed the difficulty setting missing, hopefully an update can add all the things you’ve mentioned in your previous posts.

5. argibaltzi

argibaltzi Member

Apr 17, 2013
    1. The game plays in normal difficulty, for some reason choosing the difficulty setting was removed...
    2. double tap for character select keeps it consistent with the entire (tap system), the reason everything is double tap is to ensure that this is the action you wanted and if removed you will accidentally select sometimes heroes you dont want
    3. the bugs mentioned in ipad have to be investigated!

6. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Okay I was in touch with the dev who was very helpful (as well as making me aware of some obvious things I missed... my bad).
    It is confirmed that there is only one difficulty setting... normal.
    Things are not as bad as I thought though.

There are a few rooms (dungeons) that you can go back and replay. Those rooms only increase in difficulty if you COMPLETE them.
    So you can fairly easily do some grinding by surrendering in the middle of a room when things get too tough.
    You will keep all the skill potions you acquired and also half the gold.
    So you could grind one dungeon over a few times to get some of your characters skills maxed.
    This should make things a lot more doable.

7. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #27 stubbieoz, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Well I’m about to do a total 360° turn around regarding the difficulty options.:confused:

After some time playing by grinding the second room... The Passage... (average run loot is 4 skill potions and 300gold and done in a couple of minutes) I now wish we had the Hardcore difficulty.
    It is possible to max out your first two characters fairly easily here and then come back and use this room to max out other characters as you get them. Just surrender the game and don’t use the exit. That way the enemies will always be low level. Higher level enemies don’t give better rewards, they are just harder to kill.
    I have a feeling that the game could now get quite easy later on and a hardcore option (characters will remain dead) would be a really nice challenge to have, perhaps after finishing normal mode.

Might try and convince the dev to at least think about it.;)

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #28 stubbieoz, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Bug;
    Post deleted due to non functioning brain. Sorry.

9. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    BUT... if you accidentally select the wrong one, you can select the other ones at no penalty. And as was mentioned, thinking a single tap would select the character has led to a number of mistaken moves of the original character. Having to tap twice feels counterintuitive.

Maybe if it were somehow clearer which character is selected, it would help either way.

Doable, but awkward. Why get rid of difficulty settings? If you are going to expect the players to stumble across the workaround you told us about on their own, that sounds like bad game design.

Instead, add a "Rat cellar labyrinth" or something to the town that's a different layout every time it's entered and after every level give the players a chance to continue for even greater reward at the risk of losing everything, or exiting with what they've found. And every five levels they unlock a shortcut to that level, for when they are tired of grinding the "easy" levels.

10. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    Sounds for me correct.
    Isn't it what 3x3 means, affecting all enemies next to the target while the target itself being in the middle of the 3x3.

anthony78 likes this.
  11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Of coarse you are correct, I have no idea now why I was thinking it would effect enemies up to 3 spaces away. :confused:
    (I’ll blame it on old age)

12. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I don’t expect anyone to do anything I suggest, I just posted that work around for information and perhaps help others who are struggling.
    I have no idea why the developer got rid of the original difficulty settings.

I really think there is next to no chance of the developer adding any thing major to this game at this stage as it had been released on almost every platform, before this mobile version.

13. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Shame. If some of the problems highlighted here were sorted, I’d be up for this one. As it is, I’ll pass.

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    What exactly are your concerns?
    I have found none that are game breaking by any means. :)
    Even without the various difficulty settings I’m having a great time playing this game and for what it’s worth I fully recommend it, especially for the low price on mobile.

anthony78 likes this.
  15. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Yeah, I’m enjoying it too. And works well on mobile.

16. Warmskin

Warmskin Active Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Was this game even play-tested? It gets too hard real fast, and if you go back to re-play a level it gets even harder. I’ve played a number of games that I believe were not tested enough lately and I’m getting really sick of it. And as usual with the state of games now, no hint of an explanation as to how the game works. Remember actual manuals, anyone?