Universal Dark Meadow (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 5, 2011.

1. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    ok u r right but also it takes a while to get to where i was
    meaning if i played a lot and reached a far away room and then i got bored and closed the game
    later when i continue it doesn't make anysense to start from the very first room to reach to where i was :(
    ofcourse i have to fight these monsters again and again
    really that's a drawback of the game that i dunn like
    i hope an update reaches with the saving issue

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, also Dungeon Defenders and Gyro13 were both made with Unreal, and all 3 (if you include IB) - run GREAT on my 4th gen...

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Infinity Blade for some reason is one of the games that does crash if I don't restart my iPod every time before I play it.

This however has never crashed. My only real complaint about the performance is that 1. The intro video is quite laggy (and you can't skip it immediately) and 2. Sometimes before you go through a door the game freezes for about half a second.

But yeah, this is definetly a stable and (up to now) bug free game! Great Job, devs!

4. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #164 C.Hannum, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
    Yup. I'm in the process of reinstalling now. Not that happy I was so gung ho to buy it as soon as it appeared in the app store last night.

EDIT: Got a zip of a half dozen or so crash logs (and just found the email in the support thread on your site)

Device is a 32GB iPod touch, 4th gen running stock iOS 4.3.5
    Crash occurs at or right after the bit in the opening video where you first see the glowing "wraith" in the window of the tower and then cut to a bug in the "V" of some tree trunks. I've restarted, deleted, reinstalled, etc., crashes there every single time.

5. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Not had any problems on my iPod 4G. Praps you need to free up some memory? The game probably uses more than the 800mb to temporarily save data. Nice to see te devs offering to help though. It's nice to have games that aren't just abandoned by their devs after release...

6. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I have 3,3 GB free on my iPod, so that should be more than enough. According to my crash log it looks like it's a memory problem caused by the game.

7. simmolick

simmolick Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Animation Boss
    Spain
    Ok..really thanx to answer...anyway i will buy this kill applications. But my "little" 8GB 4g ipod touch need free space for that...woooohhh...i need to complet shadow guardian... :)

8. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Yep, not sure why it's happening on some devices and not others, but it's a "EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)" which stems from trying to access an object that's already had its memory released.

9. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    #169 eev, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
    it's actually a bit misleading, because there were a lot complaints about performance of dungeon defenders on retina devices, but this game runs really good.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011

Nevermind dying, what I dislike is how if I play for 30 minutes then close the app I have to start over in the beginning room. Thats kind of annoying seeing how you have to fight all the monsters over to. I understand how some people play this for hours without closing the app and dont care but I work and have a family so I play it in short bursts if I get a chance.... :confused:

11. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    I don't have the game yet, but I've noticed a few comments about the post- combat screen and how it disrupts the flow of the game and kills the atmosphere somewhat. It doesn't sound like a deal-breaker by any means, but I think perhaps it needs looking at for the next update. It just seems a shame that a relatively trivial matter like that should disrupt the flow of such an atmospheric game.

To the developer: perhaps you could move the post-combat screen elsewhere; for example, stick it on the pause menu where the player can check it at his/her leisure. Just an idea.

12. Phosphor_chip

Phosphor_chip Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    We are totally on this!

It is funny- had many playtesters look at the game, and nobody brought this up. It is very classic 'Final Fantasy" combat summary that seems normal to some, but jarring to others.

We will definitely address this in the upcoming patch!

13. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Great to see devs getting so involved on these forums.

As far as the combat result screen is concerned - IMHO it doesn't quite fit with the amazing atmosphere of the game. It's good to know what experience, money and / or items you're getting, but going to a different screen and then back into the game feels a bit awkward. Could the results not just appear on the actual game screen when the fight's over? Perhaps floating in the 'air' in front of the player and then gradually fading, ghostlike into the darkness - I reckon that would suit the feel of the game...

14. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    #174 WCFields, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
    Double drat!

Was able to play briefly this morning after downloading it,but now it keeps crashing!

15. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    That's a very elegant idea that seems in keeping with the theme of the game; I like it :) Perhaps my pause-screen idea could be used in case the player misses the info the first time round, or if they want a longer look at the stats? Just brainstorming here.

I agree that we are lucky to have a developer who are active in this thread, who actually listen to customers and seem keen to improve the game. Much appreciated, guys.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Let me chime in and say that I agree 100% with this.

17. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Just bought the game.Can't wait till the slow connection downloads it :(

18. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010

For me the worst part is that it's not really needed. If I get loot, have it flash across the screen quickly after a fight. XP can be seen in a menu I'm betting, so unless I level up (which can be denoted by a flash or some other visual cue) there is literally no information that is needed on the "battle summary" screen.

Fantastic game though.....

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Me to

Me to!! I love the idea of it floating on screen but where you can still walk around and do stuff then just have it fade out. Then make a seperate flash type of thing for a level up!:cool: