Universal Dark Meadow (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Zero_killer

Zero_killer Member

Oct 30, 2011
    #721 Zero_killer, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    It barely seems like much of a difference. What was it before, like 300? All I am saying is that people that paid for the game should not be penalized in how much each bag gives. Maybe how you had it before was a little too extreme where people would be making so much money from the bags, but now it is demeaning to the paid players that want to try out the new items.

2. Phosphor_chip

Phosphor_chip Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    >>When is the fixed free version going to be available? Tonight?
    Thanks.<<

yes it is out now. The broken version was a server side issue that seemed to resolve itself after a few hours

3. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    did you guys remove the +200 luck from ednas locket?

4. Phosphor_chip

Oct 6, 2011
    #724 Phosphor_chip, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    >>did you guys remove the +200 luck from ednas locket?<<

no sadly there is a terrible "invisible" scroll bar on all gear attributes for stuff that doesn't fit the screen- if you scroll down once it is selected, you should see it

We are seeing of we can make this more obvious, or find a way to put best attributes on top

5. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    o ok because money bags + chests etc offers substantially less than before its part of that why im not updating yet because im getting alot more from the previous updates ie before the freemium and premium split.

6. Phosphor_chip

Oct 6, 2011
    >>money bags + chests etc offers substantially less than before its part of that why im not updating yet <<

Wondering how you know it isn't giving you as much if you haven't updated. Are you at same level you were before?

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Playing on an iPad 3. Other save games are there with the update - nice!

Have not encountered any med kits yet, but have not needed any,particularly with the "starter" money and so ability to buy some better weapons immediately.

Graphics are good, although some occasional stutter in sunlit areas. Does NOT affect play.

I think the sun coins for medkits, gems, bombs are fine - this will appeal to the more casual gamer - personally with the prior random medkits, the boms and gems are not needed, but if the enemies are harder - I guess I'll see. I let the "boss" kill me first time - I could have beat her pretty easily, but I wanted the key to open other areas downstairs.

Bottom line - much better implantation of sun coins although with health available in battles, and insta kills with bombs the game is much easier - although I have to see about later enemies. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I still like the original best - but I have to see the new areas, and the map and fast travel are nice.

For people on the fence - I think it's safe to get in the water now. The game plays well, the story is good, voice acting is good, and the IAP is no longer a focus - its there if you want it, or it's extremely easy to ignore. And, with the sun coins only good for consumables, the only IAP is to buy gold, which just gets you ability to get good weapons without grinding.

I can't speak to money being tighter at higher levels, but I'll check with my save with a level 27 player and see. Grinding is still grinding though - you either like it, or you don't.

Thanks Phosphor_Chip for turning things around. Hopefully this version works well for you. I dont know if it's possible to have a "hard" or "old school" which doesn't give you bombs, and only allows the 5 health kits with no refills in battle - but it feels more old style RPG like that. Still, this is night and day from the first update.

8. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    i still had the old ipa so i deleted the newer version off itunes and loaded up the old one because the version before this changed so much and the retina display bug so i compared both and the old version i get alot more money levelling up to (lvl50) and experience.

9. Nshager

Nshager Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Zija Distributor
    Kentucky, USA
    Im trying this game out solely based on the responsiveness and interaction of the devs on this thread. It was great to see the communication back and forth. I really enjoyed reading the the last 5 or so pages of this thread.

Kudos to all!

10. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    I'm playing it on a 3rd gen iPad, and I tried restarting and it still lags in those areas (with sunlight and melee combat).

11. Phosphor_chip

Oct 6, 2011
    >>this is night and day from the first update.<<

glad to hear it is much better

>> dont know if it's possible to have a "hard" or "old school" which doesn't give you bombs, and only allows the 5 health kits with no refills in battle <<

that is a really good idea! we will look into how hard that would be to make ...

12. Asasnator

Asasnator Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Full time college student
    Oklahoma, OKC
    haha I actually never use bombs and never used a health kit, honestly its better that you die quick because then the gold and gems all reset..so really a "hard" mode would really only point people in the right direction as to how the game is suppose to be played..lol

I haven't tried out the new update, but supposedly I downloaded the right update since their isn't another one for me to download for the free version. Might try it out later tonight.

13. DannyWalkman

DannyWalkman Active Member

Mar 29, 2012
    No, sorry. I was talking about the last boss.
    I've finished the game a couple of times before the "update", with different endings, and it took me 1medikit, a couple of blocks and the usual dodging tehnique with almost no scratches. Now though, when i gave it another try, things are much different.
    The boss (and all the other creatures) is moving faster, which is more realistic and more diffiult, i like that. But, everything else - is much slower on my iPhone 4. Take for example the second (i think?) boss, The Doctor as it's called. Seriously, because of that darn sunlight above him i couldn't even dodge in time, nor could i understand his moves because everything was so slow. I just stood there, watching how my lifebar was dramaticaly decreasing. Same thing with the last boss, only not as bad (because of the sunlight).

None of this have been happening before the previous update.
    And i still think that the world looked better before. The jagged edges are still present, but they should improve performance, not the way around it.
    Night and day? I don't think so. Great game though.

Question: Can i restore my save after deleting the game?

14. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Grinded for a while in a previous update ie before the the free and paid app conundrum and now i can buy the all the new powerful weapons :)

15. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    So, what is the general consensus of this new update?

Is it worth updating it if I got the pre-split version? Are the rewards for grinding much lower?

I rather enjoy grinding, this since the days of the original final fantasy but if the grinding is inhuman then its not so cool, would you say that the balance of the game is similar to Infinity Blade 2 or Epoch?

These games I feel require grinding but in a reasonable way that makes you feel like constantly progressing ( even though you're actually just doing the same thing over and over ).

16. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    i would suggest if you have the version before the last two updates i would level up or get money during that version because you get a whole lot more money. You will still have to grind but compared to the newer versions the amount of money you earn i would say it is so low that it makes no sense to do it. I had to restore and old ipa because i saw it as pointless to grind in the new update, the difference is huge, say if i get 5000 from a money bag i would get like a 172 from it in the new updates. Experience gain with the correct weapons equipped is about the same as before its just money gained thats very low, and your going to need some of the best weapons after awhile.

17. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Yes! I read your earlier post and actually didnt tought about doing that, thanks man!

And its a shame that the values are so scaled down, are the new areas big/worthwhile?

18. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    the new areas are ok, but to me they are nothing special. My ipod touch 4 keeps crashing after awhile so im thinking of upgrading to an iphone or a new ipod whenever they are released.

19. Phosphor_Travis

Phosphor_Travis New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    There may be a small difference between the money gains, but it definitely shouldn't be this big. In the last update, we rebalanced the economy in both versions of Dark Meadow so that you should be earning money much faster than you did when we launched The Pact.

If this is not the case for you, there are a couple of factors that could cause such a disparity. Make sure you have the same amount of Luck, for example, and that you are the same level, as these things effect how much money you earn.

Also, we lowered the amount of money you get from gold bags on floor 17, since it was crazy high in the original dark meadow. That may be the difference you are seeing, but it should only happen on floor 17.

Let me know if this helps at all, thanks!

20. PugLover

PugLover Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    USA
    An iPad 2 or new iPad is your solution. If you are a younger person, start saving :)