Universal Dark Meadow (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Phosphor_chip

Phosphor_chip Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Yes it is up!

Again please let us know what you think, if the fix addressed the core of the issues or not.

2. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Hello,

Just letting you know, before the new update, the game ran smoothly for me. But now after the update, the game lags a bit when it comes to melee combat, and whenever there is sunlight coming through the windows.

3. Phosphor_chip

Oct 6, 2011
    >>Just letting you know, before the new update, the game ran smoothly for me. But now after the update, the game lags a bit when it comes to melee combat, and whenever there is sunlight coming through the windows.<<

weird- what device are you on?

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    im on ipad 3rd gen and it runs smooth as it did before the patch, maybe closeout of some programs running , or reboot your ipad (hold power till you can turn it off, then power it back on and try again...i dont have this issue

5. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    ok so i had deleted the game cuz of the sun coins and crap.... gonna start it over again now with the latest update... let's see how this goes now

6. PugLover

PugLover Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    USA
    Please post impressions of the new update, I'm ready to buy it

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Same. iPod Touch 4 iOS 5.1. There were some framerate drops while looking at the trees before the F2P update. Then, with the F2P update the game wasn't lagging, but that's because it had no Retina enabled. Now, it has serious framerate drops in the meele combats and while looking at some places. The game is still playable though.

And about the main fix in the update, yes, I think that the freemium problem is finished.

8. Phosphor_chip

Oct 6, 2011
    #708 Phosphor_chip, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    So mobile devices with Retina like:

-Touch 4
    -iPhone 4

will get some lag because it is rendering many more pixels. This should not better or worse than Dark Meadow original version (pre 2 version split), you have just been getting smoother frame rate because it was 1/2 the retina res. Ideally we'd love to put a slider option for this, not even sure if Apple allows this or not.

iPhone 4s should be plenty fast to work w/ retina

We will look into those areas and see if there are spot fixes we can apply to get rid of lag.

9. Phosphor_chip

Oct 6, 2011
    #709 Phosphor_chip, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    EDITED: Actually note about Free to play looks fixed. It seems like it was a glitch in Apple's server that was still giving out the old one.

whew!!!

So both should now have latest ...

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I'm quite sure that the meele battles, at least, were a bit smoother before, because I upgraded from the "pre 2 version split" version (I still had the older version in my computer after trying the version split update). The framerate only dropped while changing from crossbow to sword, and only the first time in a playthrough, or sometimes after killing an enemy (while hitting him for bonus). But now there are several framerate drops while using the sword at any moment.

About the slider, MinoMonsters have an option to enable/disable retina. Touchgrind BMX have it too. Bug Heroes have an option to select different graphics options (low details, high details). Race After 1977 have a LOT of options (textures, shadows, etc).

11. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Ok so here's what I've seen...

Premium buyers still have Sun Coins on their game... BUT it's not as bad as you might think...

My killstreak is 15 at the moment...

SO i got 2 coins for 5 kills and 3 coins for 10 kills and 4 Coins for 15 kills
    (So I'll keep guessing and say that 20 kills = 5 coins and maybe 25 kills will give 6 coins?... Meaning that a 25 KS will get you 20 coins?)

Sun Coins are used for 3 things only.... Med Packs, Gems and Bombs

Meds:
    1 = 10 coins
    3 = 20 Coins
    5 = 40 Coins
    10 = 75 Coins
    15 = 100 Coins

Gems:
    1 = 50 Coins
    2 = 80 Coins
    3 = 150 Coins
    5 = 225 Coins
    10 = 400 Coins

Bombs:
    2 = 25 Coins
    10 = 100 Coins
    15 = 150 Coins
    35 = 300 Coins
    80 = 600 Coins

ALL the weapons and Amulets cost money now.

Side Note: Keeping in mind that this is set to be a survival/horror type thing game... Med packs are supposed to be hard to get... While on the note of the "hard to get med packs", i though I read that We are able to find med packs lying around now.... Thing is, i Got to the elevator on floor 2 and never saw any med packs(Of course though I haven't died yet so i don't have the keys to access every room on these 2 floors)

12. DannyWalkman

DannyWalkman Active Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Got the new update. Used all the sun coins to buy as many medipacks and bombs as i could. Used all of them. Got to the boss (which is much much stronger this time). Failed. No medipacks and bombs to start over with. Uninstalled the game.
    Well, it was great while it lasted. Thank you Phosphor for the game. It has survived the most, on my iPhone screen.

13. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR

Did you by any chance enter a battle to prove that you didn't have any of the med packs or bombs? Or did you paused the game and check your inventory
    to see if it said "0 Meds" and "0 Bombs"
    ?
    Cuz you know, they only show up on screen once you in a battle... I just purposely killed myself to see if what you said about losing Medpacks and Bombs was true....

When i appeared at the bed i said... Huh they don't appear... but since i remembered that they never showed up until i was in a battle, I looked for a battle and what do you know... my 10 Packs and my 15 Bombs were intact...

And and the first boss? You mean the girl on the first floor... I found her very easy now thanks to the 15k gold bonus.... Fire Crossbow + Light Sword... Didn't use bombs or medpacks like the first time around that i fought her in the last update(oh and i just started a new game too)

14. Phosphor_chip

Oct 6, 2011
    >>I'm quite sure that the meele battles, at least, were a bit smoother before, because I upgraded from the "pre 2 version split" version <<

Odd the framerate would be worse than what you had before, as technically we aren't doing anything different in the scenarios you list (if it was against a new enemy) . Don't deny you are experiencing it, just not sure why.

>>About the slider, MinoMonsters have an option to enable/disable retina. Touchgrind BMX have it too. Bug Heroes have an option to select different graphics options (low details, high details). Race After 1977 have a LOT of options (textures, shadows, etc).<<

Okay that is great to know! We will definitely try something like that ...

15. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    So whats the verdict. I never upgraded to that freeemium fiasco, so I still have the OG version. Is it worth upgrading now? Or is is it a waste because of the sun con iap stuff. If not I'm finally going to play this and delete it.

16. Phosphor_chip

Oct 6, 2011
    >> Got to the boss (which is much much stronger this time). Failed.<<

The first time you fight her she is supposed to be really hard.

After you fight her (and lose), much of the world that was locked opens up, then you should be able to beat her the next time. Losing to her isn't bad, it is sorta required. Agree this feels like a paywall, but it isn't.

It is sorta like how the Godking is super hard the first time you meet him.

17. Zero_killer

Zero_killer Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Money bags and chests

Are the money bags and the chests giving out less money on the premium version? Before all these recent updates adding sun coins and such, I wa able to get a couple thousand a bag and twenty thousand from a chest. Now I am only able to get four hundred a bag and maybe a thousand from a chest. I know the new update that came out just recently says that the premium version has an easier time getting money but it seems like it is going to take forever to buy those new items. Has anyone else having trouble with making a good amount of money to buy items?

18. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    When is the fixed free version going to be available? Tonight?
    Thanks.

19. Tg2708

Tg2708 Active Member

Aug 11, 2011
    @phosphor chip the new powerful weapons are over 12 million plus dollars but im going to get them no matter how long they take :). this game is actually one of my favorite ios games

20. Phosphor_Travis

Phosphor_Travis New Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Actually, they give out more than they did in the last update.