Universal Dark Meadow (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Hey guys, hope those of you who have the game are really enjoying it. :)

Just wanted to quick respond to the IAP concern that some people have voiced. When balancing the game we never did so with IAP. The testers who played and beat the game did so without the need to buy any additional currency. The IAP is there simply for those who want to make the game easier for themselves and not a requirement to see all of the content in the game.

Furthermore, regarding the concern of "being on rails", a key feature of the game is non-linear exploration. There are lots of cracks and crevasses where items are hidden, and you need to move around rooms to find these items. We have hotspots to make navigation as accessible as possible, but tried to put something in every corner of the game so you can get anywhere.

I will be in the thread if anyone has any further questions or issues and I will do my best to answer them :D

2. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    How long is the game?

Are there bosses in the game?

3. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Thanks Adamo for the additional information, that's great to hear. I've cleared up enough space, done all I could with Jetpack Joyride, so I'm welcoming this game since I haven't played anything other than JJ for the past month!

Looks fantastic!

4. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    #44 Adamo, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
    We have been quoted as saying that the game is 6 hours long. This was the length that it took our best tester to beat the game on his 4th playthrough. In actuality the game should take the vast majority of players a good deal longer.

Without spoiling anything, yes, there are bosses. :)

Also, our official forums are now up. Almost every member of our dev team has an account and we will do our best to help out the community as much as possible. We will also be releasing development diaries to give people a more in depth look into the process of making The Dark Meadow.

http://forums.phosphorgames.com/

5. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    #45 dyscode, Oct 5, 2011
    Oh man, I was hoping for something more Silent Hill or Penumbra like,
    something far more creepy and more survival. Not just in-your-face fighting. :(

I see the big effort they put into it, looks marvellous, technically speaking.
    But it´s not my taste. maybe later.

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Excited for this one. Looks awesome.

7. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    8 pm can't come soon enough :)

8. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I'm down Dead Space and IB for this. I hope it's worth it. :)

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

It`s true that the Game isn`t a Survival Horror Game but as soon as you will play it you will understand that it wouldn`t work the Way you had wished it would.

But as soon as the Story Pieces will kick in and you will move further into the Game ( ~ second Hour into the Game ) and understand "why" or specially "who" you are you won`t ask that Question anymore.

It not only does look awesome it does even have an awesome Story and a awesome Way of putting each Part of the Game together so you are constandly playing the Game longer and longer just to finally see why and who and where you are really.

It`s one of those true AAA Games i had waited for so long and it did finally arrive.

Without spoiling anything:

Both Games (Dark Meadow Dead Space/Dead Space 2) are great and i loved all three very much.

I am saying that even i am loving the Story of Dead Space/Dead 2 very much and being a proud Owner of those Games even they are from Electronic Arts.

While Dead Space being an SciFi Survival Horror Game The Dark Meadow is more a Classic Adventure/Fantasy/Thriller Game that let you play the Game slower in your own Speed without having always to look at your Back and make sure you are alone.

You can take the Game and play for some Hours and totally get lost into it if you have the smallest Interest in a good Story and a World that will always try to hide from you it`s true purpose till you finish the Game.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Good to hear. Will be picking it up tonight.

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Haha, sounds like Sanuku is just as crazy as I am about this game. ^.^

Very nice to see.

12. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's the most beautiful game on ios.

13. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Wow, really high praise coming from those that got it early, now I'm eagerly awaiting 10pm my time!

So for those playing, has combat become somewhat repetitive or is there enough variety to it? Also, how are the weapon choices?

14. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Yes it is beautiful i cant help but keeping looking at all the detail of each area while playing ,combat animations from the enemy are smooth as well

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The Dark Meadow - IAP:

Note:

As already pointed out there is a huge List of Weapons & Amulets and i have tried to use as less as possible so far in my HD Gameplay Trailers to don`t spoil the Fun of collecting them and use them and see what Side-/Specialeffects they might have and how fast you can get through the Game if you use the more powerfull Once.

I might do a Quickrun at the End of next Week when i maybe already have got enough Coins together if anyone would like to see it but so far i am enjoying playing the Game as it was ment to be played.

16. LawLessLove

LawLessLove Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #56 LawLessLove, Oct 5, 2011
    Found my answer.

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    This game is a MUST for those who are suckers for a good story.

The combat hasn't become repetitive so far, but I do wish there was a list of combos you can do in-game. There is an achievement for performing all combos at least once though, so yeah... Maybe I'll start a thread for them.

18. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    There are lots of bits of information hidden in the world- look around and you'll find it!

19. joecarr

joecarr Active Member

Mar 29, 2011
    haha, was about to say they have found sly ways of letting you know the combos, when you see them you will kick yourself you didn't notice them sooner... :D

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I did notice as soon as he mentioned it... Very clever indeed. :p