Universal Dark Fear (by Arif Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 13, 2015.

1. I personally did not need another battle after the Guardian, as I had my fill.

If the trans/cross dressing part really grosses you out that much... I'm not sure what to say.

2. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    For me this is the best horror experience bar none on ios for me, last game i had this much fun with was nyz zombies, the first one, so to beat that well. This is darker, more evil, real demons and ghosts which actually look freakier then when done with amazing graphics, it just gives it this charming feel of a real story and adventure. Would do anything to play a bigger more scarier sequel! Problem is i dont want to wait that long!! If you enjoy horror, or just a damn good game, id easily have paid double for the experience i got. Every now and then a true gem comes along, there are only a handful of ios games that have truly given me an amazing immersive experience when playing, and DARK FEAR has done it 110% so to the dev THANKYOU!!! For this amazing game and the horror you have poured in. THANKYOU!

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Signing this. It was an amazing experience from start to finish. Love everything about it. A true gem.

4. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Now back to 3ds and waiting for the sequel/other Game with same genre :D
    Hope the sales are going well arif :)

5. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    haha OK just finished the game....read some stuff about the ending from other forum members, personally i saw it coming when i met that person. BUT i always take things like this in the context its given, no point finding flaws in something, as its not my story, so therefore its flawless cuz i accept the story i was told in this great game. AND yes it is fantastic...so dark, and what it deals with at the end makes it so much more twisted and creepy, its very diffrent but thats why it works. Overall review, probably my faivroute ios horror game to date, not much replayability, but this kind of game is an amazing one time play anyway. A must purchase in anyones history.

6. ArifRocks

ArifRocks Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thank you for your kind words. If this game is a sucess I'd love to develop a better sequel for you all :)

7. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Wow this game is amazingly solid. You certainly know how to evoke fear! The title screen alone unsettled me.

8. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    #168 xBTAx, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    Thank you for addressing the pronoun usage like that. I want you to know that I sincerely appreciate that change.

I'm sorry if my post came across as harsh, but it's hard to see the intent with regards to her being "crazy" (which is... perhaps not the best writing in itself, but fitting for the setting/genre of the game, at least) as being entirely separate from her gender given that her mental state is introduced in the same text box (perhaps sentence, even? I've forgotten) as the "crossdressing", and it's later said that wanting to transition is the entire justification for her opening the portals to begin with. It comes across as either that wanting to transitioning made her "crazy", or else it being a wacky thing "crazy" people do, and neither are good to see. I understand that your intent wasn't to make any implications about trans people, but that's hard to see from the writing in the game, and most people aren't going to end up talking to the dev after playing to clarify that.

Not sure why I'm dignifying this with a response, but: intent in itself doesn't actually matter when you're playing/reading/watching something. Though I definitely appreciate Arif clarifying their intent somewhat here, that exists separate from the game. If the work itself cannot reasonably communicate the creator's intent (which may include support for alternate interpretations, if that was what they were aiming for), that's on the creator.

9. ArifRocks

Oct 24, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Hey folks, just lettin you all know the PC version of Dark Fear is up on Steam Greenlight. If you get a spare moment or two then please consider voting for this game and help it get on Steam. Thanks in advance! :)

10. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Done and done...if it means an even bigger badder better sequel i will support you know matter what.

11. ArifRocks

Oct 24, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thank you for your support! And yes if I can make a success out of this game then there will be a bigger badder sequel. It's just really tough right now trying to get it in front of lots of people, that's the only problem.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Voted and left a comment. :) Meant every damn word of it.

13. ArifRocks

Oct 24, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thanks for your support! Totally appreciate every bit of help I can get :)

14. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Any news on a dark fear 2??!!

15. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I second this ##

16. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Great taste in games as always drmad!

17. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Confession

ArifRocks, I don't know how to tell you this....I've been waiting for the chance to get this off of my chest, and I hope that you don't feel any different about me telling you this in front of the millions of people here on TouchArcade, but...

I just purchased your game! :D

...sorry if it may come as a surprise to you, but it's just the way I feel.

18. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Haha u had me in suspense too! Lol oh man u will enjoy this game and it is freaky creepy and haunted in the best way possible and also unique in story too. I really want a dark fear 2 with a much bigger world and more intensity with horror, but i envy your first playthru, its a great experience and always play in bed with the lights out and headphones in!

19. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Heheh, my ONLY gripe so far is the fact that the game doesn't allow Landscape-Left and Landscape-Right Screen Orientation for iPad. Everything else is VERY entertaining thus far! :)

20. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Its a small idie dev that made it, and he did want to do a second one much bigger depending on success of this.
    I dont know how he did but this game deseves to have more press and sales...