Universal Dark Fear (by Arif Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 13, 2015.

1. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Stuck on a score of 115. Lots of new places have opened up but can't seem to do much at any of them...

2. Gegoben

Gegoben Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    VIrginia
    I watched the video, and it wasnt full screen. If the game is full screen, insta buy, but if it is only the center square, ill have to pass.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Welp...what can I say? Shame you'll be missing out.

4. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    #44 drmad, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    Haha you should buy this you missing out a great game...

That
    emily ghost
    moment really got me theow my iphone...damn...

Any plan for gamecenter achievement please dev??

5. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Has anyonenhere tried super pixel jet fighter?

6. Swiss Guy

Swiss Guy Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Finished, max score but I missed 12 achievements, I have no idea how can I win them...

Soundtrack and sound design are fantastic, scare shot and "eye wall" sequence reminds me The Last Door.

No bug or glitch on an Air2 OS9.1, except the Facebook sharing, FB website annonce me that the program that try to communicate with my profile is not registered or use a too old library (twitter works).

7. Swiss Guy

Swiss Guy Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    it runs full screen actually (on iPad, dunno for phones)

8. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    #48 bababewey, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    I've been stuck in the plantation for an hour...what am I missing?

EDIT: figured it out.

9. Yeah, there are black bars to the sides on an iPhone. It's basically the iPad version shrunk down to size, not optimized for phones. But I think it plays fine so far. Played a bit on both devices, and I actually find the battles easier on my iPhone. I have more precision.

10. ArifRocks

ArifRocks Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Been at a convention all day.

For those people having trouble with the game hanging at the Blacksmiths, that's the point in the game when the system menu becomes available and the game triggers an autosave. I can only assume that there's something on your device which is somehow preventing the game from autosaving. Try closing all other apps before playing and see if that helps. Also try freeing up some space too as that could be an issue. Another suggestion would be try it on another device. I'm going to be looking into this issue regardless and maybe pressing Apple for answers. If it worked flawlessly for my playtester's iPhone 6 then it should work for another iPhone 6.

Also regarding the black bars issue. The game was designed with the iPad in mind and so it fills up the iPad screen perfectly.

Also the post-to-facebook issue, I think I know what's causing that so am working on fixing it right now. It hopefully shouldn't require an app update as I reckon it's a facebook settings issue.

11. I should reiterate that it's playing great on my iPhone. I don't think the game suffers from the smaller screen, even with the black bars on the sides. Would have liked iCloud to share save files between devices, though.

12. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Is an update going to address the black bars sometime down the road? Sorry to sound superficial, but that sort of thing bothers me at this point. It's why I'm patiently waiting for Solomon's Keep/Boneyard to be updated, rather than playing them incessantly right now.

iPhone5S is my main mobile device for gaming right now.

13. ArifRocks

Oct 24, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    West Yorkshire, UK
    At the moment I'm unsure about an upgrade which fills widescreen devices as it would mean drawing a tonne of extra artwork (I'm both the artist and the programmer so I've no outside help on this). It is entirely possible for a future update but right now I really don't know. It depends on how much demand there is for it.

14. ArifRocks

Oct 24, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Has anyone else completed it? It would be good to get your feedback :)

15. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Finally got passed the blacksmith hangs(did multiple things like restarting phone, clearing space etc. So I can't pinpoint)

And I gotta say it was a blast!!!

16. ArifRocks

Oct 24, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Glad it worked out for you! :)

17. ArifRocks

Oct 24, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I just wanted to say thank you everyone for your positive support and feedback so far :) Am so glad you all liked the game. It means a lot to a small, one-man indie developer like myself.

Also if you get time, please do submit an honest review on the app store. If this game does well then I'd love to make an awesome sequel to this, and every little bit helps :)

18. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I finally completed the game, with my final rank being "Fair" ;) It was a great experience, not comparable with anything I've played before. I think it ended a bit abruptly, but the story was great and the horror elements made me scream a few times :)

19. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Your game really deserves a lot of 5 stars ##⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    I consider myself a horror geek, but your game still make me scared...the sounds especially is very well made, the graphics are awesome too you nail the atmosphere

Sequels please :D

20. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I really hope this game does well
    It deserves a sequel..
    Also hope for a 5 star review from ta