Universal DARIUSBURST SP [by TAITO]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 9, 2012.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This is one of the best horizontal shmups of all time, no doubt... but now I'm just hungry for more!

R-Type Delta, R-Type Final, Super R-Type III, G-Darius, Einhander... we need these!

2. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010

What about other horizontals? Man, I would kill for Gradius V on iOS. Treasure, you should release your games here, dammit.

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Yes! Gradius V!

4. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Not in Australia, as has been said, or Europe.

5. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    The Japanese app store just got it. So yes, it was released a day early in the US, but it's midnight tonight for the rest of the world.

Just had a quick play and I like it. Very clean.

6. EightRooks

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    A PS2 port might be a bit much (though probably not for the 4S and iPad 2) but I wish Cave would bring Progear over. :(

7. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Out in UK store! :)

8. Vally

Vally Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I second Progear. I play it on my Xperia Play with cps2 emulation. :)

The scoring hook would work excellently with iOS controls too.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Available in Lebanon as of now too. Guess it's worldwide now.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    THANKS for letting me know, thank god i dont have to wait till midnight tonight!

Downloading now

11. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    You are very welcome! :)
    Gotta say im lovin it so far! more of this please Taito :)

12. EightRooks

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Got it. Christ, this is good. Very easy on default - I just 1CCd SP mode first try, though my score is probably nothing - but looking forward to at the very least working my way through the other difficulty settings, and exploring all the zones. Excellent stuff, Taito, and I hope Rayforce doesn't put too many people off this, because I'd love to see it do well.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Honestly thanks again.

But yeah i'm loving it as well, makes a nice change having a horizontal shooter than the usual vertical ones (Another reason i love Deathsmiles so much from Cave)

This one i dont mind paying big bucks for at all, really enjoying it.

14. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Gorgeous game, lots of fun, but ... no option to change orientation? What??? Awkward as heck on my iPad in default "upside-down-o-vision"and makes taking screenshots (I'm reviewing it) a lot harder than it should be.

Unless I'm missing something (I've looked hard, trust me), how can they not have it auto-rotate or at least have a menu option to flip the orientation?

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Yep, I found this disappointing and frustrating as well.

16. ThatThinginaBag

May 12, 2009
    This looks awesome! I usually don't buy a game above $5...but this looks too good to pass up. Can't wait to go home from work and get it!

17. Planetshooter

It wouldn't have been quite as bad (for me) if the default fixed orientation was at least the one that I think most people would agree was the normal orientation.

Also, although I dearly love relative touch controls, the sensitivity is the same on iPad as iPhone/iPod so a lot of distance needs to be covered with your finger on iPad where only short, convenient swipes are needed on the smaller screen. A minor point, I'm sure, but I noticed it as soon as I had tried the game on both devices.

18. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    I was only expecting Dodonpachi to get released, didn't expect this one to show up. Looks like I need to get another iTunes card. :)

19. Planetshooter

In case anyone reads my two posts above and thinks I don't like the game, I really do - just got a couple of minor gripes about screen orientation and iPad control sensitivity. Neither issue should stop anyone enjoying the game as it's impressive and fun.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, definitely glad I splurged this week... This has got to be my favorite horizontal shmup in the AppStore... AHHHH, LOVE IT!!!