Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman! - Promo Contest!!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by schplurg, May 2, 2010.

1. Daredevil Dave

Daredevil Dave Active Member

May 3, 2010
    Motorcycle Stuntman
    I'm Worldwide!
    I'll be there soon!

2. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    alright, hows the traffic?

3. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Ok folks, let me explain!!!

I know I freaked Dave out by stealing his ride, but I did what I had to do. Dave has a one track mind...jumping things on his motorcycle! The guy won't do anything else! I mean, I love the guy, but geez!!!

I took the bike for two reasons. First I wanted to give him a present to celebrate the release of the game that I designed for him - Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman!

So I rode to the Vegas swap meet and bought all kinds of high performance parts for the bike and had them installed. This was also the site of one of Evel Knievels most famous, though ill fated, jumps.

After that, I rode to the Salt Flats to test it all out. Man this bike is FAST!!!

Finally, I rode to the site of Knievels most ambitious jump, the Snake River Canyon jump. This brings me to the second reason I stole Dave's bike:

I wanted Dave to visit all of these awesome locations! I knew he would follow me! If I didn't steal the bike he would have never come! As I said before, all he does is work, and half the time he's in the hospital!

We both wanted to visit the Snake River site, so I waited here for him so we could see it together. I've been following this thread and knew where he was all along. I left him at my house with the computer, and the promo codes and everything worked like clockwork!

So he finally found me here at the Snake River. And he was right, this is a gun range now!

Dave cried like a baby when he saw his new tricked-out bike...he was so happy (thank goodness)!!! We gazed out across the canyon for awhile and then we left (I had to pay for his cab ride since he ran out of money).

So now, I'm on the back of his motorcycle and hanging on for dear life (while somehow managing to type all of this on my iPhone) ;)

I'll tell you what...he does NOT obey speed limits like I do! So here I am on the back of his bike wondering what to do with this last code I found.........

:cool:

4. schplurg

Okay, one last code to give out (for now)!!!

Dave took a detour and showed me this...where are we going?

[​IMG]

I have no clue so don't expect any.

:D

5. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    really no clues at all? this is gonna be hard

6. schplurg

;) I dunno

7. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    #167 iphoneprogrammer, May 4, 2010
    Last edited: May 4, 2010
    dude ive been researching his entire life since you posted that image, and ive googled every single city thats been mentioned....its fun to learn about him but a pain not knowing what the pic is of :/

I also took a look of the info of the image and youve covered your tracks well. god this is a pain lol

8. niezam

niezam Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    App Store
    That is M-Digital Media headquarters!

[SPOILER]Haha, just a wild guess :D[/SPOILER]

9. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    on your website it says the game is out in the Appstore...i click on it and it says its not available in the US store...is it out in any other countries?

10. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    #170 iphoneprogrammer, May 4, 2010
    Its Butte Montana I believe, the place where EK was born. The dark lake looking thing is actually the Berkeley Pit. This picture is from a site I visited and the Berkeley Pit matches the dark spot on your image!!! IT IS!! Thats butte montana, Google maps comfirmed!!!!

Attached Files:

11. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    AHHHH I'm just minutes too late! :(

The birthplace of Evel Knievel :)

12. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK
    #172 iphoneprogrammer, May 4, 2010
    trust me i know how that feels lol, when i edited it though i did it at 2:31, though the original post was at 2:25

13. schplurg

Yes it is Butte Montana! When you said you checked ALL locations I could barely keep from giving a hint. They even have "Evel Knievel Days" there, a week long celebration...I think once a year.

On your other question, the game is not out. I know the button on my site leads to the appstore...I did that by mistake.

Anyways, PM on how you'd like to receive your code!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

It's cold as hell on the back of this bike!!!!!

14. iphoneprogrammer

Mar 26, 2009
    London, UK

yeah it was a pain, i finally found the name of his birthplace and used google maps to find it, however i didnt zoom in far enough so nothing looked like the picure. But then I tried again and zoomed in and viola it matched. I shoulda used a reverse image lookup, would have been much easier

Oh and its my 600th post! yay

15. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    This was one of the best contests I have ever seen, great job Dave and schplurg

16. DJCaseyD

DJCaseyD Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I agree. Great job schplurg and Daredevil!

17. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

Certainly been an entertaining thread, lots of twists and turns.

Left me on the edge of my seat wondering in what direction the thread woud go, not to mention Schplurg and Dave.

I just hope the game is as exciting.

David

18. RagManX

RagManX Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hope your retirement community performance went well, Dave. Looking forward to getting a chance to help you with your jumps in the near future.