iPad Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman! + New FREE version

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schplurg, May 12, 2010.

1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Hello!

It depends on how bad you want a game. You can wait a few months and hope a game goes free, or you can plunk down an entire dollar and get it when you want it. As you said, you wanted it for awhile but never bought it, so maybe you would have never paid for it, which means I did not really lose a sale. :)

BTW everyone, it is back to $.99.

Thanks for that, Fernando. I'm not sure it will help that much but I thought I would give it a try.

On another note...at some point in the near future I will begin working on a sequel, as well as another title or two. However, I would like to get Dave off the bike for some of his stunt work this time!

I'm thinking it may be more of a story-driven game. Sort of like the jump where he blows up the terrorist hideout. Not sure.

At any rate, I have a lot of crazy "off the bike" stunt ideas for Dave. If anybody out there has any funny ideas I'd love to hear it!

I would also like to include a sandbox mode where you can design your own jumps! I will use a totally redesigned (better) game engine for Dave 2 so that I can do this. As much as I'd like to add a sandbox mode to the current version, I just can't do it due to the games design.

2. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Wait, is there gonna be a Daredevil Dave 2? :O

3. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I suggest you work on a completely different game before going on to DD2, Dave can be in it but please don't make a sequel for it just yet!

4. schplurg

Not to worry, I have other games in mind before a sequel. I'm not finished tweaking Dave 1 yet either. A sequel is far far away. I would say a sequel would be minimum 6 months away even if I started work on it now.

As for the other game(s) I am still in the conceptual stages. I'm playing around with a few ideas but nothing is definite.

5. schplurg

Win Daredevil Dave for free!

Just thought I'd mention that Dave is being featured in "Win Apps", which is basically a free app that is like a lottery ticket scratcher (but your odds are MUCH better).

All you need to do is download the free app and play! You can play once per day and win free apps. No catch! No hidden charges :)

You can get Win Apps here

There are a lot of dumb reviews in iTunes for this app. No, you will not win every day. You may win something right away, and you may not. Yes, it is free. Yes, there are some cool games (think I saw Duke Nukem in there as well as some poker games). I'm sure more games will be added as the app gets more popular.

6. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    its worth .99 i enjoyed the game.. even tho i sorta think dang.. cause i was in a bad motorcycle accident.. some times gives me flash backs when i see the leg get thrashed as mine was compound fracture.. and for the hospital bill.. i left with a 250k bill ( nice chunk of that was life flight) . laughs.. so yeah.. fun game!! rock on.

maybe add a life flight trip to the hospital for a real bad crash to up the hospital bill recipt!

chris.

7. schplurg

#1007 schplurg, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    Howdy folks!

Just thought I'd mention that a second FREE version of Daredevil Dave has been uploaded to iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/daredevil-dave-motorcycle/id380192198?mt=8

It has different jumps than the old free version. Actually the first jump is the same because it is the tutorial jump, but the other 2 are different.

Oh ya, here's a link to the full game (which is $1.99 now, I asked the mods to change the thread title)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/daredevil-dave-motorcycle/id350712233?mt=8

8. PONGbyATARI

PONGbyATARI Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Well Worth $.99

I have completed DD three times and really enjoyed it the only I wish is add more levels and I will give it another run. I think I payed $1.99 when I purchased the game and was happy with my purchase. But for anyone who hasn't played it give it a go I don't think you will regret it.

9. schplurg

Thanks for the kind words!

A new game is being developed now...no not a Daredevil Dave sequel. Not yet anyways.

This new title is still in early development and I am not prepared to make any sort of announcement other than it will be very cool, very fast, and very big!

The link again for the new Dave Free version:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/daredevil-dave-motorcycle/id380192198?mt=8

:D

10. schplurg

I am giving away 40 promo codes in the Promo Codes forum. No contest, no catch! They will go fast!!!!!

11. schplurg

#1011 schplurg, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    Promo Codes!!!

PROMO CODE GIVEAWAY!!!

Hello folks!

Long time no see! It so happens that I have some promo codes to give away, and rather than just listing them like I did last time, I thought I would make it slightly more challenging. Anyone who has followed this thread knows that my contests can be a bit challenging/frustrating/brain damaging.

I will give away a promo code to the first person to post the correct answer to the following question (no edited posts or repeat winners (yes, I have a list of all of you muahahaaa...))

Okay, so...the answer to this question can be found in either of the two free versions of Daredevil Dave:

Here
    or
    Here

QUESTION:

What brand of beer is a sponsor for Daredevil Dave?

:D

12. schplurg

Free game giveaway!

Wow this is pretty easy. Hint: The answer can be found in the bus jump

13. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    May be scottish beer?

14. Daldaris

Daldaris Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2010
  15. schplurg

Hello! Sorry for the delay, I had a major computer SNAFU today.

Look very closely and you will find the answer ;)

16. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
  17. schplurg

#1017 schplurg, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    Haha! No, the answer is in the game! Look very closely in the bus jump. Choosing the closer camera view in the options will help ;)

Also, expect an announcement soon from M-Digital Media regarding an upcoming game title. It's quite a ways off from being complete but there should be some preview info very soon! It involves fast cars, a huge open environment, and some crazy driving!

18. schplurg

These are pretty close! You're on the right track, but...nope! ;)

19. schplurg

Hint:

It's on the back of some of the buses.

20. Daldaris

Daldaris Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Maybe the Krap?