Universal Daredevil Dave 2: Motorcycle Mayhem! (by M-Digital Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schplurg, Dec 12, 2015.

1. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    The original kept me entertained for so long, so this is an easy buy for me. Looking forward to it!

2. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    That's a very nice thing for you to do. Soon as I saw this I went ahead and bought it myself. I mean wow you're only asking $0.99 for what appears to be a great game! Loaded with hours of exciting gameplay.

The reaction from other TA members for this game is huge!!

Thanks again for making such a cool product.

3. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Thanks!

4. schplurg

Hope you like it! please let me know what you think!

It's actually been a rough launch but I'm doing my best :) Thanks for the support!

5. schplurg

#85 schplurg, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    deleted

6. schplurg

Toilet Bike

This is an old video with an older version of Dave's character model, but it shows the "Toilet Bike" in action in a few scenes.

You may want to turn down the volume due to the horrible song. I included the most recent trailer video at the bottom so people seeing this for the first time don't think this is what the finished product looks like ;)

Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 7.50.24 PM.png

Very old video...

Newest trailer...

7. schplurg

Update Is Out! v1.0.1

Dave 2 Update has hit the app store. Nothing too exciting yet.

MINOR UPDATE
    - Fixed rare black screen and visual problems.
    - Removed anti-aliasing option from Options menu.
    - New icon and icon title.
    - Made small adjustments to Dave so his limbs move better.
    - Updated 1st tutorial to make learning the throttle easier.
    - Adjusted menu so starting a new tour is clearer.
    - Removed the possibility that really bad golf scores will subtract from your career cash. Golf is meant to be "penalty free".

Please update your reviews on the app store, and if you haven't reviewed it yet, now is the time! ;)

8. broeken

broeken Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    Can anyone shed some light on how to get past the Toxic Waste Dump where you have to land on the mattress? This round is kicking my ass. It says you have to bail off the bike, but I can't figure it out.

Other than that, I'm loving this so far!

(one minor annoyance... Is there a way to turn down the crowd noise to better hear Dave bemoaning his injuries?)

9. schplurg

I've had a few comments about the crowd noise - it's louder in some levels than others. I'll do something about it in the next update.

As for the mattress jump - you should definitely bail off, though it isn't required. I like to hit the ramp a little over 60 mph, aim slightly off to one side so I can bail to the other side.

In case you missed the tutorial, to bail just touch the speedometer then swipe to the left or right. The farther you swipe the farther you'll leap off in that direction. Swipe speed is not a factor, just swipe distance.

You won't bail off until you lift your finger off the screen, so you can actually "swipe and hold" until the right moment.

Hope that helps! Bailing is also the key to getting good golf scores

;)

10. broeken

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    Ah, many thanks! I obviously missed that part in my haste to get Dave on the road!

11. schplurg

I'm sure many people did! I force players to try the tutorial the first time they play but it is simple enough to quit that and get on with the game.

12. schplurg

After a run of almost 6 years on the App Store, and making sales almost every single day the entire time (including today), I had to remove the original Daredevil Dave game from the app store.

I guess mine isn't the only app that broke with iOS 9 (thanks Apple :mad: ). Many people can actually play it still, but after seeing a few complaints on the app store I decided I should take it down. Maybe I'll put it back up for free later.

I wish I could update it but it would take far too much work. Maybe I'll try again someday. I can't even add a note in the description telling people about the issue, I've already discussed this with Apple.

Bummer.

:(

13. broeken

Dec 29, 2009
    Male

Sitting at home in quarantine, I searched this game in the App Store and couldn’t find it. Searched TA, to find the note above by Schplurg and was instantly sad and nostalgic at the same time. There’s nothing like this on the App Store. I miss Dave.