Universal Daredevil Dave 2: Motorcycle Mayhem! (by M-Digital Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schplurg, Dec 12, 2015.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    100% think Dave would approve of this apparatus! Fuh-luuuush!

2. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Story with this is that Dave ran out of cash after his first tour - he spent it all! So for this next tour he was forced to build a bike at the local junkyard.

I was going to start the player off with it but I had some technical difficulties. It does work, and now that my programming is improved I could put it back in. It performs the same as the other bike so I wasn't sure if people would care to use it.

I'm still wondering if anyone has figured out the achievement in the main menu...?

Speaking of achievements (and maybe other games do this?): if you never use Game Center, then one day decide to sign up, all of your high scores and achievements will be added to it. The game keeps track just in case.

The same is true if you disable GC in the options menu then re-enable it later.

3. Kadoogan

Kadoogan Member

Oct 28, 2009
    The toilet bike has to be added!

Loving the game so far. Not so sure Dave is enjoying the experience. He's been minced a few times at the toxic waste dump....

4. schplurg

Dave complains a lot but he really loves his job haha!

I will probably do a quick update (no toilet bike yet though!).
    - I think Antialiasing is having problems with certain device and iOS combinations. Not sure though.
    - The name below the app icon on the devices is spelled wrong :eek:

I hate to make people redownload just for that. There are other little fixes I'd like to do as well, like make a few menus clearer (how to start a new tour for example). If I come with enough fixes then I will submit it. The only reason I would rush it is that Apple is "shutting down" on the 21st for the holidays and won't accept new app submissions during that time.

Glad to see some reviews popping up in iTunes! Keep em coming! Nine 5-stars and one 1-star (from my stalker "buddy"). I see on Game Center that he's been playing the game a lot so oh well - can't be that bad ;)

5. schplurg

I just noticed this video - I thought it was one of mine :)

I see your throttle is either full blast or zero in the tutorial. You should be able to grab the throttle and drag it to any location on the indicator, not just "on and off". Maybe you need to grab higher up the screen?

if you are touching near the bottom of the screen it will just jump to full throttle.

Please let me know if this isn't working for you. I've watched a lot of replays that people have posted on different devices and it seems like it's working fine.

6. cerbo

cerbo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    confirmed. iPad Air , ios9.x

7. schplurg

#67 schplurg, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Aha okay thank you! I saw a review on iTunes that mentioned a black screen and I knew that had to be the problem - perhaps it was you? The review is gone now.

For now, anyone getting weird graphics or black screens at certain areas, Go to OPTIONS, Advanced and turn antialiasing off.

I added a note about this in the App Store app description too.

I disabled it on certain devices but I see that I didn't for this device. I will probably disable it altogether.

So far I've:
    - fixed the icon name
    - Made it clearer that you need to start a new tour after completing one, and that it won't erase all your stuff. There are 3 separate tours. i also did this for Mayhem Mode
    - Turned up the elevator music slightly in the first Movie Stunt.
    - disabled anti aliasing for all devices. It only works for a few anyways.
    - Fix so player can't lose cash in golf even with a really bad score.

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    lol, thats hillarious, emm but dave is kinda the same too :p so the toilet bike is a must have :D
    btw, anti aliasing just doesnt work on me from the first :( , just cant turn it on/off. im on 6s plus.

9. schplurg

#69 schplurg, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    Some devices have the AA option disabled because I knew they gad issues with it. If the button doesn't do anything you're all good!

I've made all the fixes I listed and am testing it now.

Okay looks like we need to do something about the toilet bike! That won't make it into this update though.

10. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This game is so addictive and fun. Love the controls w touch and the overall gameplay itself is addictive. Reading the injuries is always a good laugh as well.

11. schplurg

Thanks for letting us all know! Much appreciated!

12. Kadoogan

Kadoogan Member

Oct 28, 2009
    I love the fact that after sending Dave into the grinder at the toxic waste dump, 'messed up hair' was listed as an injury!

13. Kadoogan

Kadoogan Member

Oct 28, 2009
    I have won that trophy!

14. schplurg

Haha!

Actually the injuries depend on how badly each part of the body is affected by the crash - limbs, torso and head. I guess his head made it through relatively unscathed ;)

Cool!

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game is ridiculously fun. Better than evil kenevil and most likely game of the week

16. Kadoogan

Kadoogan Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Just left a five star review on the UK store. No reviews/ratings shown yet, so hopefully others will do the same.

17. schplurg

It's getting a slow start :(

And thanks!

18. schplurg

#78 schplurg, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    Almost ready with the first game update.

I'm also changing the icon. I never liked it but I ran out of time with it.

Oh hey, if anyone wants a promo code for a free game send me a PM. All I ask is that you leave some honest impressions of the game here in this thread. I'd rather do it here than the Promo Code forum since at least here people are interested in the game enough to take a peek.

When I have no more I will let you know.

19. schplurg

Game update has been submitted to Apple (1.0.1)

MINOR UPDATE
    - Fixed rare black screen and visual problems.
    - Removed anti-aliasing option from Options menu.
    - New icon and icon title.
    - Made small adjustments to Dave so his limbs move better.
    - Updated 1st tutorial to make learning the throttle easier.
    - Adjusted menu so starting a new tour is clearer.
    - Removed the possibility that really bad golf scores will subtract from your career cash. Golf is meant to be "penalty free".

I'm not 100% on this icon, but here it is (click for larger version):
    Icon_1024_12.jpg

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You sir, are awesome. Thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty. :)

Also yeah, the new icon is definitely better.