Universal Daredevil Dave 2: Motorcycle Mayhem! (by M-Digital Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by schplurg, Dec 12, 2015.

1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#21 schplurg, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    Haha good video! I must say I was a little shocked when I saw you posted the entire first tour, but it's a short one and there are no real "secrets" in it, as opposed to the others. The game still makes me laugh so I actually enjoyed it!!!

To all:
    One tip - when playing golf, some of the holes are easier if you bail off the bike in mid air, that way you don't get tossed around uncontrollably by the bike.

To bail off, touch the speedometer and swipe left or right. When you let go, Dave will leap off the bike in that direction, and according to how far you swipe :)

ETA:
    I just watched you doing the final jump...HILARIOUS!!!! Good job!!!

:cool:

2. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    hahaha, thanks dev and i can say that im not expecting THIS MUCH FUN when playing the game and i can confirm that this is absolutely can be a GOTW contender. well done dev and i think your hard work for years will be well paid!

ps. oh i agree with others here that your price is too low :D since this game is offer so many content and replays value.

3. schplurg

#23 schplurg, Dec 13, 2015
    I'm not seeing the first half of your review? (maybe I am actually I can't tell)

You should be able to continue to Tour #2 even if you finish in negative cash. Are you saying you could not? That's not supposed to be the case.

ETA:
    For now, if you adjust the throttle sensitivity you may find it more comfortable to play. You don't really need to reach all the way to the top to get the bike moving. Maybe try that.

Thanks for the review, I'll look into the bug with the traffic level. Actually could you explain it a little more? PM me if you want.

4. schplurg

I'm not seeing the first half of your review?

You should be able to continue to Tour #2 even if you finish in negative cash. Are you saying you could not? That's not supposed to be the case.

5. giantfart12

giantfart12 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    GREAT game, is there any way to change bikes/outfits, and also any iCloud saves in the future? This is an awesome game, though great job guys.

6. schplurg

#26 schplurg, Dec 13, 2015
    Thanks! It's just me though, I'm the only developer. Other than the voice of Dave, it's a one man team. :)

You can't change bikes, although I do have a second bike I may put back in the game. Honestly, I neglected to do outfit and bike customization because it's taken me so long just to get this far. I could do outfits pretty easily, but his outfit wouldn't match the one he's wearing in some of the menus.

I may add these things in an update. It's certainly crossed my mind, but I wanted to make the gameplay good first and see if people even like it.

*** About the "can't continue to tour #2 with negative cash thing"...

I just played the game on a brand new install and finished tour #1 with -$3 million and it let me continue to Tour #2.

I think what may be happening is that when you go to start another tour, a message appears asking if you're sure you want to do that because "all current tour data will be lost" - Meaning you can only play one tour at a time. It doesn't erase everything :)

OR there's confusion at the Tour Completion screen. You need to go back to the main menu to select another tour. You can't simply continue to Tour #2 from the "end of tour" screen.

Sorry if my explanation is confusing to anyone. I could make this action clearer in an update.

One of my testers had the same thing happen to him and that's what it was. I haven't been able to reproduce a bug like this. And I can't find where Dave could fall out of the City level, but I'll keep looking. There are bound to bugs - I'm expecting some, but I tried to get as perfect as possible.

7. schplurg

One quick note before I get some much needed sleep:

Dave 2 has reached the Top 25 in the paid Racing category already (was #21 earlier this evening), and 150 in Action games. Not bad for being out a little more than half a day a day ;) Hopefully that will improve - I've seen the game mentioned on a few sites now.

Thanks to everyone for your support and hanging in there with me the past few years! Any questions or comments are welcome. I will be back in the morning, or sooner if I can't sleep :D I have some surprises!

:)

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #28 metalcasket, Dec 13, 2015
    It's ridiculous how much better RR is at DD2 than I am. >_> :p

Speaking of DD2, this is of course nitpicking, but the game's name under the app icon is supposed to be "DardevDave 2", right? It's actually showing up as something like as "DavedevD..." (with a v, yes :/), defeating the entire purpose of shortening the name. :p Is it possible this could be changed to something like "DD2", "D. Dave 2", "Dave 2" or "DD2: MM!"?

9. schplurg

OMG, I changed that at the last minute! Thanks for catching that! My eyes are getting bad in my "old age". Wow embarrassing! I have a few quick bug fixes to make so there will be an update before the xmas break.

Yes I can change the icon name - all the different devices truncate the names differently, guess I went one character too much.

By the way everyone, I am totally loving the instant replays that have been posted so far, some very funny stuff! Keep em coming!

Okay now I'm going to bed (soon).

;)

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'm always amazed by how common it is for developers not to get any sleep when their apps are first released. Passion. Shows absolutely nothing but passion for what they are doing and I totally respect that. :)

That said...GET SOME SLEEP, SIR!

11. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm thoroughly enjoying it but I wish there was a behind the bike view option instead of just over the handlebars....

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i think this possibly the main issue here, ok ill try another play today lets if i can be as lucky as the first tour or not :p

Lol, i believe you are better than me at almost every game, metalman, just be nice and let me win this time okay :p :D

yes please, this is one thing that i totally forget to mention before. well, im not talking about full third person view option here, just the ability to zoom out the camera a bit(probably until we can see half of the gas tank) before the race start.

overall, i love this game, im giving it a 4stars for now until all the bug has been resolved and probably some requested feature added on the future update, then ill change it to 5stars.

13. schplurg

Okay NOW I'm really going to bed! But I've been relaxing the past few hours, enjoying finally being "done" with the game (which I'm actually not it seems haha).

Devs can't sleep when a game is released - we are (well, speaking for myself) scared to death of having forgotten some important thing, being here for questions and to support our games, and hoping it is successful. It's freaky, especially after spending so much time on one title. Literally years of work have come down to this moment. And when you're working alone - well at least you know who to blame, and who to pat on the back!

I will address the other comments about the camera view and whatever else when I wake up today lol. I love this game and I enjoyed working on it, and will continue to do so.

Thanks again!

:)

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Me? Pffft, have you seen my Game Center scores? :p Then again, I don't even remember the last time GC worked and obviously nothing's been uploaded in eons.

Also, another "This game is obviously a labor of love" comment: Who in this day and age writes up such an awesomely detailed Help section anymore? :)

15. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost
    I can't really complete a successful landing. But the game was good :D Still playing it until now.

16. Chutch20

Chutch20 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2015
    I have a challenge for the Youtubers, try to get a "flawless" tour where you don't crash in any of the jumps. I probably won't even be able to do it and I've been playing the game for a couple months already lol. This would also be a good idea for the showcase room, a trophy you earn if you complete this or maybe have it unlock the other bike when completing this.

Just suggestions:)

17. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm not an impulse buyer but was last night as I thought this game has so much variety that I had to get it for .99! Again a bit shocked at myself since I normally don't randomly get games and am not a big fan of arcade style games.

Part of my decision was based on the original game and seeing over 1,000 posts in TA forum and seeing that it came out in 2009 and this release being in 2015 makes me think you commit to your fans and as no iap I must support your prior victory and hope you keep to no iap and support this game for a long time!

Congrats... I'd love to learn more about the gap between the first game and this one...

18. cerbo

cerbo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    #38 cerbo, Dec 13, 2015
    If you
    watch the replay and note your speed on departure from the ramp, and review exactly where you landed, you can then adjust your speed in future runs to achieve
    a safe landing.

19. schplurg

Before I get started today, I wanna appeal to you guys to write, or at least star-rate the game on iTunes. Some dude that's been stalking me on Facebook (it's weird I dunno him at all) left me one of only two reviews so far on iTunes. I'll let you judge for yourself if you think it's fair - he has some kind of vendetta against me for whatever reason. I'll leave it at that.

Just looking for honest reviews. I hope it's not improper for me to ask this.

Good morning all! (or afternoon... :eek: )
    This wouldn't be too difficult to do. I'm trying to remember why I didn't make one (I just woke up, and it's past noon here haha). I had a reason, hmmmm....

You noticed! I thought the game was kind of hard and that there is a lot to it. Thought I should cover some things that more casual players may not notice or "get".

20. cerbo

cerbo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    Ok, done... 5 stars.