Daredevil Dave 2 - Avail Dec 12 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by schplurg, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I probably will today ;)

2. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in your imagination
    Looks like a lot of fun! Although I'm sure all I'll be doing is crashing into stuff :p

3. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Loved the first one, really looking forward to the 2nd one!

4. schplurg

It's funny, but when I'm testing, crashing is all I ever do.Who wants to land safely? Bah! That's why I'm making the crashing much more interesting this time around.

Me too, and I'm working on it right now. Speaking of the first game, it's almost Dave's one year birthday (May 11th). I'm amazed and grateful that it's still between 25th and 45th in the Racing category after all this time.

:eek:

5. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    I hope the developer isn't dead. I want this game.

6. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    He's not. Trust me. ;)

7. schplurg

Hah! Nope, still amongst the living!

I really haven't had anything of interest to post, though there is a lot going on. I'll try to put together a little update or list of features as soon as I can...maybe today.

There is so much more to a lot of these jumps than there were in the previous game. The ability to steer the bike has really opened up the design possibilities, and made it more complicated as well. This is going to be seriously cool.

I have a unique idea....I would like to have a worldwide massive beta test soon. I don't wanna give away any details yet, but...well more information on that soon

:)

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Count me in. :D

9. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Thanks for listening and keeping us all informed!

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Dug the first one and have been waiting for the new one's release! Thanks for the 'what's going on' info!

11. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    +1 to helping Dave

12. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Oi, enthuse me!

13. crazy dad

crazy dad Active Member

Oct 21, 2010
    My son and I still play the first one and from the sounds of it will really enjoy the new one. Can't wait.

14. schplurg

Wow, that's great to hear!

I know a lot of kids play the game and I've been very conscience all along of that. I try to make the humor and other content adult enough for old people like me to find cool, while keeping it clean and "safe" for kids too. Everything from Dave's language to the types of accidents he can get into. The new game will adhere to the same guidelines.

When I first designed the helicopter jump I was concerned that Apple might reject it because of the blood and flying body parts.....

(Allow me to interrupt myself to say that if you don't already have the game- YES, Dave does get pulverized by a helicopter. If that's not good enough reason to get the game then I don't know what is!) ;)

.....so I didn't make it too realistic. Dave doesn't die either, so that may have helped me keep the age rating down too.

I'm working on some promo video material as well as the game. I am hoping to squeeze in a tad of gameplay footage in one of them...I am dying to show you guys how it's going!

15. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
  16. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    I can say with the utmost of honesty, that this is the only game that I have ever gotten goosebumps for. I am that excited. The first one was amazing and hasnt left my iPhone...this one will never leave my 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, and iPad, and iPad 2. So in the time it takes to release the second game I have purchased basically every latest gen device from apple, and intend on kick anyones ass at this game.

Whew, got a bit more excited than I normally do. I guess thats why I was arrested for attempting to jump a tricycle over an old ladies car at the super market. Heh.

17. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Count me in! :D

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The first one was pretty fun. I'm not sure if I'm getting goosebumps, but yes, I'll check out the sequel. Especially if it's universal. Will it be? EDIT: nevermind - see from the website that, yes, it will be universal. Win!

19. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Looking forward to this!!

20. schplurg

#120 schplurg, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
    Hey! Thanks for all the comments! Very cool!

I haven't forgotten you guys. I'll be filling this thread with info as the game progresses. Right now progress is certainly being made, I just haven't been able to post anything in awhile.

We're working on a great looking night jump - I'll post images as soon as it is ready.

New "Jump" Styles

I can tell you about one of the newer jumps being worked on. The story (yes the game will be more story driven and campaign-ish) is that Dave has lost all of his money from previous tours and is starting at the bottom again. He has a crap bike, a crummy helmet, and not much else.

His manager gets him a gig saying (more or less) "We could not get a permit from the city to perform today's jump, but we're going to do it anyways. We will set it up real quick on Main Street and you need to stay out of sight until it's ready. When you get the signal from me, start riding to this location. When you see the ramp, hit it, land the jump and get out of here fast"

So Dave (you) is parked a mile or so down the road, waiting. When your manager gives you the word, you need to ride down a downtown city street, avoiding traffic and other obstacles, find the jump, and complete it.

Not as easy as it sounds, of course! You are riding against oncoming traffic, there are potholes, roadwork and many other obstacles to avoid. Some you can hit and knock away...garbage cans and smaller items. You have the option of hitting a few "jumps" along the way, such as a parked flatbed trailer you can use to jump onto the roof of the nearby shops! There may be something special up there for you to grab too!

Some levels, such as the one I just described, will be similar to platform games, containing multiple jumps, stuff like that.

Dave 2 will have:
    - a lot more dialog and more humor
    - a great story
    - Universal app, Retina, bla bla ;)
    - a crazy variety of jump styles (and a lot more of them)
    - more modes (tour Mode, Injury Mode and a few others I'll explain soon)
    - more bikes
    - better crashes
    - no wait...WAY better crashes!
    - WAAAAAY better graphics!
    - Optimized for iPad 2 (meaning that the iPad 2 kicks so much butt that we are able to throw in all kinds of extra goodies...better looking trees that sway in the wind, more shadowing and cooler lighting, people. This game looks great on it and most of my personal testing is on the iPad 2. Works beautifully on 3GS and iPhone 4 too.

Thanks again for the comments!