Daredevil Dave 2 - Avail Dec 12 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by schplurg, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

How about that you are trying to jump over the people to get into the shop first and grab the last iPad 2? :D

2. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Have dave visit the Taj Mahal,

The Empire State Building (Where he has to jump off and you have to cause as much damage to him as possible)

Also the home of a giant ass aardvark. Like maybe in a cave.

Have him visit the Everglades and he has to jump over 4-10 hungry alligators.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I got it! An amusement park! The ramp is the roller coaster and you drive up it and fly into the air and you try to hurt dave as much as possible by crashing into different rides!

4. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I think mentioning Apple products would probably get the game rejected. They're very touchy about that :(

But to build upon that idea...how about you crash into the people and the more you knock out of the way, the closer you get to being first in line? :)

In other words: 200 people in line - Dave crashes and wipes out 84 people - Dave is now 117th in line! (Though he still wouldn't get an iPad 2)

5. schplurg

There was a canyon jump in Dave #1, and there will be a similar jump, at least to some degree, in Dave #2. I don't want to borrow too much from the first game, but a jump over a steep cliff just has to be included again :cool:

An alligator or croc jump is already in the works ;) however if an aardvark appears anywhere in the game at all I will make sure to give you credit!

6. schplurg

#66 schplurg, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
    Dave 2 will include iPad support and will most likely be universal.

:D

7. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States

AH HA Great mind think alike ;)

There had better be an Aardvark. <----- Coolest Idea Ever

8. schplurg

There will probably be either a circus or amusement park jump!

The plan is to have multiple jumps in each setting as well.

The "Tour" format is still a bit unclear but I don't want players to have to start over if they run out of money like in the original game (assuming there is money to win and lose again). Each location will probably act as a save point so that if you lose you simply need to restart at that location. We're looking at perhaps 3 jumps in each location, for the most part.

:cool:

9. broeken

broeken Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Male
    Daredevil Dave 2: Revenge of the Ramp
    Daredevil Dave 2: Return of the One-Liners

How about a jump with inverse physics? Dave jumps the ramp and the physics change so he has to land upside down on another ramp? Could be on the moon or something in space.

Since the game will have steering, how about having Dave navigate a minefield on the way the ramp?

The original was and still is one of the funniest and most played games on my phone. Really looking forward to snapping this up when it comes out.

10. schplurg

I like that one! There will some obstacles for Dave to navigate through, but landmines...yaaaaa! I can imagine him hitting one and getting tossed into another...BOOM..."ow"...BOOM!!! I'll definitely look into that!

:)

11. schplurg

#71 schplurg, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    We'll see about adding the aardvark...but there WILL be a COW in the game!!!

Why a cow? I will give a free copy of Dave #1 and add you to my list of promo code winners for the new game as well to whoever can guess.

I suppose this is the first promo code giveaway! I did this for the last game and sent them out once the game was complete.

You don't need to guess the function of the cow in the game. I just need to know what the inspiration for it is. Why a cow?

So the question is, what event inspired me to put a cow in the game?

HINT: Long ago, when I was about 14 years old, I had an "incident" involving a cow. That's what you'll need to figure out. And please, nothing too crude...

:confused:

[​IMG]

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    ...you crashed into a cow on a bike? ;)

13. schplurg

Holy Cow!!!

Yes! I was on a motorcycle (little dirt bike) riding in our small corral. I hit a jump and our cow (actually it was a steer) ran out in front of me while I was in the air. I smacked right into him and flew over him. Didn't really hurt the cow.

We did end up eating him soon after ;)

So ya, that's my claim to fame...I hit a cow on a motorcycle. True story I'm afraid :eek:

Damn that question was too easy. Geeez. I'll PM you a code and add you to my list for the new game as well!

As I said, a cow (or cows) will be in the game. Maybe an aardvark.

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Haha, awesome. I must admit I thought of several slightly more crude scenarios before realising that one made the most sense ;) Thanks!

15. schplurg

#75 schplurg, Mar 20, 2011
    Yes, I'm sure you did haha!

I had a huge promo code thread for the first game with some interesting riddles n such. I'll make sure to do one this time around as well.

[​IMG]

16. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    #76 robiow, Mar 20, 2011
    You crashed into a cow on your bike?

Strictly speaking, I am still a winner...!

Incidentally, I didn't crash into a cow on a bike, but I did have a low speed impact with a badger on my pushbike. Thinking I coups dodge the angry stripe monster, we had a little serenade where I dodged left and he dodged right and vice versa. Slamming on my brakes as I was doing about 30mph downhill I managed to knock about half that off when he made one last dash In front me of me and all I could muster was to raise the front wheel over him, and roll over him with my rear wheel and wobble into the ditch.

He thundered over to my bike, sunk his wheel into the saddle and then my front tyre which blew and scared him off. The 6 mile walk in the dark was a blessing to what the badger could've done to my leg!

17. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    you either crashed into a cow on a bike, or you were kicked while trying to mild one and you just want to get revenge

18. schplurg

#78 schplurg, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
    Anybody else with a bizarre bike/motorcycle incident? Between this story above, and me hitting a cow, I'm not sure there could be anything more strange. Thankfully I wasn't seriously injured...bike accidents are quite often nothing to laugh about.

mmmmMMOOOOOOooooooooooooo.....

19. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I remember these riddles
    :eek:

20. DJCaseyD

DJCaseyD Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010

Not really strange, but extremely embarassing. I was riding in my first long distance biking event (bicycle, not motorcycle). I had just gotten my first pair of clip-on shoes a few weeks before. Anyone who has used them knows that they can sometimes be tricky to unhook when coming to a stop. I had gone 109 miles without any issues. I was about 200 yards from the finish line and there was a stop light. A whole group of us had to stop at the light. I got my foot out ok and i leaned on my right foot as I always do when stopped. I have no idea what happened (probably tired), but I started tipping over to the left where my other foot was still clipped in. I couldn't get it out in time. Yes, I fell right over in a pack of about 40 people. I was so ticked off. I got up and with a bleeding wrist, finished the final 200 yards. Needless to say, my first thoughts upon finishing were not on the 109 miles that I had just completed, but on the stupid fall in the last 200 yards.