Daredevil Dave 2 - Avail Dec 12 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by schplurg, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bug

bug Member

May 12, 2010
    Would love to pick up DD1 but I've got a droid right now. Will the same person be doing Dave's voice?

2. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

Yes, Dave's beautiful voice (as he refers to it) will be in the game. It just wouldn't be the same without his (dim)wit and charisma! And we need to hear his cries of pain as we bash him into cars and other nasty things!

There will be a lot more variety in the phrases as well. He will have a lot more to say in this game.

There may also be a few other voices in there, including track/event announcers, and the possibility of a female voice as well (that part is a secret though, I don't even want Dave to know, so shhhhh!).

As for having a droid, I hear the new Verizon iPhones are coming soon. Maybe you can buy a new iPhone. Or better yet, persuade someone to buy one for you! I think you mentioned an older brother once...hit him up! :cool:

:eek: :cool: :D :confused:

3. schplurg

I guess, technically, I didn't answer your question. Yes the same person will be doing Dave's voice in the game. His name is Daredevil Dave!

I will post some more screenshots in a few days. Whoa, it's 2:30 am...

:eek:

4. schplurg

A few more images:

As I said earlier, these are early images so not everything is complete. I just wanted to give you a taste of how the bike destruction is going to work.

One of Dave's new bikes. There will be many more to choose from. This one is pretty standard looking but some of them will be pretty wild! These have greater detail than before, with spokes, foot levers and pegs, hand levers, kickstarter, frame, chain and sprocket, exhaust system, etc. Even more importantly, many of these parts can come off the bike when Dave crashes!
    [​IMG]

Dave himself is still being updated...his outfit and general design, but you can see him here getting in a bit of trouble! Note the wheel spokes were not yet added for these pics.
    [​IMG]

And here (looks like a painful handlebar related injury)...
    [​IMG]

:D

5. schplurg

[​IMG]

This image is the current header graphic form Dave's website. I posted it here to show off something super cool...

Dave no longer resembles a department store manequin! If you've played the previous game, or look at the screenshots in this thread, you know that Dave's knees and joints look like those of a nude Barbie doll (not that I've ever undressed a Barbie doll...) :eek:

The elbows now flex more realistically, his clothing stretches with each movement...Dave is becoming more human every day!

Anyways, all the objects in the image above are taken from the actual game.

This is going to be one bad-ass game folks!

:cool:

6. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    If everything you've said about this game actually happens it will likely be one of my favorite apps.

Also, you said his clothing will stretch, does that it can rip, revealing Dave's rock hard abs and buns of steel? ;)

7. schplurg

Dave says if you wanna see his buns it's gonna cost you extra ;)

8. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Hope to see it in May!

I really hope you guys wrap it up by may. I am very exited to get it because the first one was very fun and original and it sounds like the new one is going to blow it's socks off. look forward to buying it the moment it hits the App store.

9. Theassassinator

Theassassinator Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    What iOS will this game be able to run on?

10. schplurg

It will most likely not be ready by May. possible, but probably not.

As far as compatible iOS versions, that also remains to be seen.

11. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    When do you expect it to be in beta phase?

12. schplurg

I don't know. My predictions were way off on the last game so I want to be careful about doing so again. I'll keep you guys updated the best I can.

I know that things are moving along much quicker this time around.

13. schplurg

LOL! I FINALLY understand this comment! I had no clue what you were referring to until just now ;)

See the first page of this thread to find out. It's the "Before And After" thread that shows early game screenshots versus the finished product.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?threadid=57088

Dave's first motorcycle was a "squished car" ...uhhh...you just need to see the thread to understand. I think mine is the 2nd post down the page.

In other news, the game is coming along nicely! I'm finalizing the way the bike comes apart when it crashes. I'm almost at the point where I can start building out all of the jumps. In a few days I will have an iPad 2 to build and test with. I'm real excited to see how the game looks on a bigger screen!

As for a video, I'm still waiting for the right time. A video of a half-finished game could hurt more than help so I am very apprehensive about releasing anything too soon. I do want you guys to see Dave in action though!

Soon, I promise!

:cool:

14. Two_Face

Two_Face Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I was a District Attourney
    Gotham
    I like the title Dare Devil Dave Will Survive cant wait! are you guys looking for testers? is yes then sign me up!

15. schplurg

Not bad! ;) I still need to think of a title. Something along the lines of "Daredevil Dave 2: _________________"

We may need more testers at some point in the future. I will make an announcement if and when we do, and will probably recuit them here at T.A.

What I really need are jump ideas! Some things I will be adding to the game:

- jumps with multiple ramps (jump then land, jump then land again....). Kind of like a platform game.

- jumps similar to the Terrorist Bomb jump...I guess you could call them "mission based" jumps.

- jumps similar to House Of Pain than are designed to injure Dave.

- interesting general locations.

- ????? who knows what else!

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    How bout Daredevil Dave 2: Back in Pain

There's a group for that: http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=468

I could invite you if and when you want testers. :)

How bout a jump where you jump over 524,000 iphones and ipads? ;)

17. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    First game was fun, so this looks great. One request:

PLEASE make it universal!!!

Universal apps are the way to go now that iPad 2 is here. There will be a LOT more users who own multiple devices, and we won't be happy about buying the same game twice.

18. schplurg

Or perhaps a jump where you jump over people waiting in a long line to BUY an iPad 2? Landing the jump short would be so....messy!

19. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    haha. That'd be cool. So would you really make a jump like that involving iphones and ipads? Cuz I'd really think thatd be awesome.

20. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    What you need is a jump across the grand canyon. But the objective is to fail and hurt dave as much as possible, bouncing off the various rocks, boulders, and cliffs. You could even rig the sides of the canyon with explosives, or aardvarks. Yeah I said it. Aardvarks.