Daredevil Dave 2 - Avail Dec 12 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by schplurg, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

I've received a few emails from people telling me that Dave 1 (2010) doesn't run on their new iPhone 6. I'm guessing it's an iOS 9 issue/bug but I'm wondering if anyone here can try it and see if it works for them?

I'm having problems with the new game as well (ios 9 only) since adding instant replays.

2. Kadoogan

Kadoogan Member

Oct 28, 2009
    On an iPhone 5S, iOS9.0.1 I get the initial logo screen, then it crashes back to the home screen.

3. schplurg

4. igorgorina

igorgorina Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I played the first installment of the game and it was fun, a bit of a fresh breeze in the appstore.

Now, looking at this, I am really excited.
    I just hope they didn't grab more than they could chew on.

Here's to getting this game out with a huge bang :D

5. schplurg

:)

Almost ready!!!

So now I'm at the point where I wipe the game clean off my device, grab a pen and paper, and play it all the way through and see if there is anything else I need to fix. There are a few minor tasks to complete but it's mostly aesthetics, a few of which can wait until the first update.

I should make the October release goal I set. I hope y'all are ready for it! I know I am!!!

:) :cool: :D

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Is there GC integration/ achievements?

7. schplurg

Yes, there are Game Center leaderboards and over 2 dozen achievements/trophies you can win!

Dave also has his own showroom where you can view your high scores, statistics and trophies. All the trophies are 3D, some are animated and very unique - one of them is on fire right there in your trophy case!

Some of the achievements are really fun to try and win, such as getting run over by a police car :)

Leaderboards include Best Mayhem Mode score, worst crash (in medical bill dollars), best tour scores, highest score in pachinko, golf, bowling and skeeball, best motocross lap, and a lot of others!

This is an older picture of Dave's Showroom.

__Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 1.42.30 PM.jpg

8. schplurg

The picture above has been posted in this thread before. That is the last thing I will be presenting to you until the final game trailer(s) is complete, which I am starting on tomorrow. :)

9. jetveetlev

jetveetlev Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Woohoo! Can't wait!!

10. schplurg

#390 schplurg, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Me either! I'm finding the stupidest little bugs now - every time I fix one two more pop up!!!

It's okay, it'll be done in 2 days.

11. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

YES!!! Can't wait!

12. schplurg

Just to be clear, it won't be on the App Store in two days, it will be done and ready. Apple still needs to approve it and I need to be ready with the trailer and other stuff. :)

13. Cosmic Badger

Cosmic Badger Well-Known Member

May 10, 2015
    Dublin
    This looks awesome, can't wait to see more :)

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Beta available ?

15. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Oh to enter a thread and not see freeloaders asking to "beta test"

16. schplurg

Hello hello!

I'm not looking for new testers, testing is done.

I'm working on promotional stuff now, like what to say in the app store page, and making the video trailers.

I probably won't get it approved and in the store before Halloween like I said I would, but it's done and is days away from release. I'm just not quite ready - you only get one shot at having a good release and after all the time I've invested I have to make sure I'm ready for it.

The game is done
    , although I did just add a few zombie sound effects to the zombie clown level. I don't want to release this with a list of "things to fix in an update". That's lame. If I know something isn't right then I won't release it, unlike many devs. Just not my thing. I'm sure people will have requests and issues that I will want to address, but that's different.

Anyways, it's finished as far as I can tell ;) and I will submit it to Apple for approval in a few days.

I have to repeat that a few times because I can't believe I just said it --- It's finished. It's finished! Whoa - I can't believe it's finished?!?! :D

ETA:
    It's finished!

17. robiow

robiow Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Like this

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #398 bigrand1, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    I for one appreciate a dev who wants to make sure everything's just right before release ( unlike some dummies who just rush out the product and right away 'oops' -- still squashing bugs everywhere and it seems unfinished and unpolished)! That ain't gonna happen here, as I'm familiar with this dev, and he really cares about the quality! Hey, I say do your thing, man, it's definitely worth it in the end and it shows!!! :D
    This is gonna be rad, guys!!!

19. schplurg

#399 schplurg, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Thank you! I hope you do!

Thank you so much!

Working right now - something wonky going on with Game Center....sigh.

ETA:
    Fixed it :D

20. schplurg

Gotta get this video trailer done! Recording tons of footage for it.

Here's a little something I did awhile back - not sure what I will do with it. I want the entire trailer to be nothing but actual game play footage.