iPad Dapple Now Available on App Store!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by OTrain13, Feb 13, 2009.

1. OTrain13

OTrain13 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Co-founder, Milkbag Games
    Canada
    Streaming Colour Studios is thrilled to announce that Dapple, our first game, is now available on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch.

Dapple is a color-matching puzzle game for the iPhone and iPod touch with a twist! Make sets of four or more of the same color to eliminate blobs of paint from the board. Matches are made by mixing paints to form new colors. Watch out for brown paint, though. Let it spread too much and you could be in trouble!

Dapple features highly addictive gameplay, beautiful artwork, and a terrific soundtrack.

You can learn more about the game at the Dapple website: http://www.dapplegame.com

Here's a gameplay walk-through video that explains each of Dapple's 3 game modes:

We hope that you enjoy the game! If you have any comments of feedback, by all means, please post a comment. We'd love to hear it.

Owen Goss

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Looks like a nicely polished game! I know questions will arise, and while I'm not, any options for the colorblind?:)

Nice touch providing us video right off the bat too, thanks.:D

Welcome to Touch Arcade as well!

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Yes welcome to the forums, and thanks for the video!

4. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Yea, colorblind modes are a must for us "color challenged" :p. It's why I love trism and galcon

5. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Thank you both for the welcome!

Yes, I have made every effort to make the game enjoyable for colorblind players. I understand the importance of making the game playable for colorblind players, as nearly 10% of the male population has some form of colorblindness.

I'm attaching a couple of screenshots of the game running in colorblind mode (which can be toggled in the Options menu), which is the first time a screenshot of this mode has been posted anywhere!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In colorblind mode the player is given positional queues to help make the color mixes.

If you have any more questions, I'm happy to explain it further.

Owen

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It looks nice indeed.

It reminds me an old Palm game named Paintball II by CrazySoft.

Another puzzle to my list! :D

7. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Very creative with the 2 player.

8. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with Dapple! Looks like I'll be picking this up soon. :)

Thanks for letting us know!

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Tried it out and I'm really enjoying it.

The mechanics make you think hard about your matches.

My high score so far is 2,154,450 on Level 19

10. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    I'm glad you're enjoying it, VegantTnt! An impressive high score for someone who just started playing.

For anyone who is interested, the highest score any of my beta testers achieved was 7,179,000 on level 35. Best of luck to you all! :)

Owen

11. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    This is a great game

Looks very polished at up to standard

how much is in the app store?

if it is cheap i may buy it at some point :)

12. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Dapple sells for $4.99 USD/CAD, 2.99 GBP, 3.99 EUR, and whatever else that converts to in other regions. :)

While that may not be considered "cheap" by some, I certainly think it's worth it! :) But don't take my word for it, feel free to ask other people who have bought it.

Owen

13. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    youre the dev, I don't think you should be able to post opinions on your own game, :D

14. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Haha, fair enough. That's why I encouraged them to ask other people who had bought the game, though. ;)

15. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Thinking of making it a buck for a couple of days?? :D

16. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I'd be more concerned if he didn't think his game was worth the price he set it at.

I bought it the other night and I can see a lot of thought went into making this game. It has sounds, music, colorblind mode. The game feels thought out and complete. It's very polished looking. My only gripe is that some matches are not what I'd consider intuitive. It's a little tough getting used to some of the non standard mixtures (red+purple=red?). I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, and the key is very accessible and intuitive.

17. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I would buy the game, but smiles is the only puzzle game I have bought for $5 (and that was because it really is two games in one). I just don't think puzzle games are worth as much as great 3d action games...just my opinion. I might jump for a $2 or $3 price tag. Just thought I would post my opinion. By the way, I finally bought word jong for $3 recently, and after playing for a while, I don't think it was worth $5 by app store standards. Anyone else?

18. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Impressive. The two player mode looks very innovative. I might get this one. :)

19. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Not any time soon, no. Since I just released the game last Friday I want to give it a chance to find its legs before I start thinking about sales. :)

Thanks for the feedback, HJJ! I'm curious if you have had a chance to play it a bit more? Did you get used to the mixing rules?

Thank you. I'm very pleased with the way the 2 Player mode turned out. I hope you enjoy it too. :)

Owen

20. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    I think i shall wait for this one to come down in price

you should of done a promotional offer, but its your creation, you can do whatever you like with it :D

I am sure in the future you will do some updates

but i think i shall wait until its something like 1.79 GBP

sorry, but the game does look absolutely great, its just i am saving up for another app at the moment ;)