iPad Dapple Lite is Available!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by OTrain13, Mar 16, 2009.

1. OTrain13

OTrain13 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Co-founder, Milkbag Games
    Canada
    Dapple Lite is now available in the App Store! If you've been waiting to try the innovative paint-mixing game, now is your chance. Download Dapple Lite for free!

Download Dapple Lite on iTunes

Don't forget, to celebrate the release of Dapple Lite, Dapple is on sale for 40% off for a limited time!

Download Dapple on iTunes

Still not sure? Check out the Dapple gameplay walk-through video:

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Owen

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Thanks! Definitely trying this out right now.

3. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Thank you
    I will try this out

4. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    yup me too. dl now.

5. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Thanks for the Lite version :) Decided it wasn't for me, though.

6. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Thank you for at least giving it a shot. That's what the Lite version is there for. :)

Owen

7. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    And if you ever came out with another game and Lite version, I'll be there. If you didn't have Lite versions and I paid $3 for this, I wouldn't buy any other games. So it works out in the long run :)

I'd pay $1 for this, though. It's not that your time and effort isn't worth the asking price but you have this for $3 and Ouch! for $3 and Diamond Islands (100 levels) for $3. So it's all relative :)

8. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    I can understand your point, but don't forget that the full version of Dapple doesn't have a level cap, you play as long as there are moves left to make. How long that lasts depends on how good you are at the game. The full version also features a 2 Player mode where two people can play head-to-head on the same device.

I agree that the perception of value is relative, but I have had customers tell me that they're still playing Dapple several hours a week even though they bought it a month ago. How many games can say that? :)

I'm not trying to get into an argument or even to convince you to buy the game. I know that not every game is for every person; it's all a matter of taste. :) All I can ask is that people give the Lite version a try. So I thank you for trying it and providing your honest feedback. I will take all of this feedback into account when I start looking at what to put into Dapple's first update.

Owen

9. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I was just trying to say me not buying doesn't mean it's not a great game :D

P.S. I'd like this a lot more if it followed real-life mixing.

Yellow + blue = green.

White + red = pink

etc.

10. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Agreed. :D

Well, yellow + blue does = green in the game. However, there is no white in the game, so I see what you're saying there. Where the game does break the rules of real color-theory is mixing, say, yellow + green. In real life you'd get "yellowy-green", but in Dapple you get yellow. I had to break from reality a little bit to keep the game playable and fun.

To be honest, if people are going to get confused with the game anywhere, this is where it happens. It is something that requires a little bit of learning.

Owen

11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Kimtopia
    I downloaded Dapple Lite a couple days ago. Played it twice and liked it so much I immediately bought the full version. Sadly, I missed the sale.:(

I really love this game. I have been playing it every day. It's pretty easy on my battery too.

12. GatorDeb

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    It's still on sale...

Reg. price is $5.

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member

Yellow and green make... yellow?

Learn something new every day! [​IMG]

14. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks, Kim! I'm glad you're enjoying the game so much. :)

Haha, yes, but only for the purposes of the game. In real life, mixing two primary colors (e.g. red + yellow) makes a secondary color (in this case, orange). In real life, if you mix a primary plus a secondary, you get a tertiary color. So if you mix yellow + orange, you get a yellowy-orange color. Obviously, for a game, this doesn't work, as where do you decide to stop?

So for Dapple, the rules of the game are simplified to make the game work. In Dapple, a primary + a primary = a secondary (e.g. red + yellow = orange), just like real life. However, a primary + a secondary = the primary. This makes sure that the game only consists of primary and secondary colors and keeps people from losing their minds. ;)

There is one exception to the rules I just stated. Like real life, mixing a primary with its complimentary secondary color (e.g. red + green) makes brown (which the game won't allow you to do).

I hope that clears things up a little for people who might be a little confused by the rules of the game.

If you're playing Dapple Lite, put your finger on the paint palette at the bottom of the play area to see a color mixing guide.

Owen