Danger Alliance (Was Lost Company) getting ready for launch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TOMEStudios, Jul 1, 2010.

1. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Is this going to drop BEFORE Isochron? Because honestly, I'm way more excited about that one.

2. deluxe

deluxe Active Member

Aug 13, 2008
    IT
    France
    Wow, this game rocks! Love the design... Hope there will be a long single-player part (even if not at launch).

This guy is definitely a Legionnaire (Foreign Legion). You can recognize it from its white kepi (hat).

So this is the hard-boiled-slightly-crazy-and-really-tough soldier.

3. Appbolt

Appbolt Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Tomestudios

How do you register for the beta.
    With all my experience, I thing I'd be a great beta tester.:cool:

4. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Wow your game look awesome! Reminds me of TF2. Also is there any support action you could take like an air strike or so? Perhaps a tactical nuke? Also I would like to test this game. I got an iPhone 2g, 3GS,and iPhone 4 if you need the whole range of graphical chip overall

5. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I'd test as well, I've got an iPod Touch 2G

6. TOMEStudios

TOMEStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Yeah, Lost Company is going to end up being released first. I'm equally excited about both titles but Isochron is a much bigger and more complex game due to all the micro management aspects. I'm also working solo on Isochron so it's taking longer.

7. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    #107 TOMEStudios, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
    In the not too distant future we'll be opening our game server and posting a link to it here and around the place.

Once that's done, you'll be able to log in (with a Google Account) and register to become a beta tester.

8. Appbolt

Appbolt Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Great to know, but do you know when is the distant future and what do you think the price is going to be?

9. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    Beta will happen some time in October, but the server is planned to open late September or earlier.

As for cost, it's a little early to say but obviously we want to make it accessible to as many people as possible. We have some ballpark figures based on the server running costs but we wont know for sure until we finalise the game portion of the online server.

10. ratsinheat

ratsinheat Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    are you guys worried at all about just how similar this is to TF2? the pic with all the guys in a row might be the straw that broke valve's back. im wondering if they might come after you guys or something. just a thought. im still totally psyched about this game, regardless of that junk.

11. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Looks really great! Can't wait to play!

12. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    My word this looks special. I hang my head in shame that it took a front page article to get me to notice it! :)

Two things; as mentioned a level editor would be great. Infinite longevity ftw. Secondly; although it does bear a certain similarity to a certain team-based shooter, if any bigass game company are going to look past that and appreciate the game beneath, it's going to be valve.

Keep it up, great style and, I imagine, great game.

13. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    A bit disappointed that the single player portion is nothing more than a tutorial. Games like these should have a story mode or at least a simple campaign mode. Pure online play wouldn't do IMO. And this is coming from someone who ranks Turn-Based SRPG as his favorite genre, with FF Tactics and Front Missions 3 as his favorite games.

14. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    Lucky for you we've got a Campaign mode planned. You can play skirmish battles against the AI in the mean time, but yeah - a Campaign mode is a must for this kind of game! We have a story and a progression but creating and balancing all the levels and creating the enemy bosses etc is going to take some time.

As soon as the MP version is shipped we'll be working on the Campaign mode. Back in the early days we prototyped this game on the table top after building the game entirely out of Lego. It was so much fun that we had to get that part of the game out there as soon as possible.

15. Sounds good. I'll definitely buy this on release if you can guarantee a campaign mode eventually.

16. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    All our units are based off WW2 era soldiers from different nationalities and we're surprised that a few people think the units are taken directly from TF2.

We never based a Lost Company character on a TF2 character so I can only assume that people are filling in the gaps after seeing a team of soldiers in red uniforms holding weapons. It's a Red vs Blue war game - of course there's a team of soldiers in red holding weapons!

The gameplay, story and units are all very different from TF2 so we're not worried about anyone trying to shut us down.

17. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    And the updates keep coming!

Here's our Flame Thrower unit with the Jet Pack upgrade.

[​IMG]

18. NickD

NickD Active Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Who is the genius behind this art style?! Can't wait to play multiplayer. Hopefully there will be some variety though.

19. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    That'd be Moj. He has experience with some big titles from when he was with Irrational and he has the skills to back it up. He really has done a superb job with the low poly models and their style.

The MP will have different game modes with different objectives, and the team configuration will allow for a huge number of combinations so you'll rarely be playing against the same team. There's no one 'best unit' so you'll have to be constantly changing your tactics based on your opponent.

20. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    When this game comes out it will be like the best game over ^_^. At least it'll be one of my favorites. Just don't take 39383838 years to release it ;$