Danger Alliance (Was Lost Company) getting ready for launch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TOMEStudios, Jul 1, 2010.

1. blastedw0lf4

blastedw0lf4 Active Member

Jul 27, 2010
    the game is looking great man, i cannot wait for its release.. its got almost an FFT (Final Fantasy Tactics) look and sound to it and it would be even greater if you could incorporate some type of leveling system for the individual soldiers in the players squad. i.e a lvl 5 commando , a lvl 2 soldier.. keep up the good work though game looks like its coming out great..

p.s Isochron looks awesome as well .. if you need me as a beta tester for either game i am more than willing to help

2. TOMEStudios

TOMEStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Thanks! It's a lot of fun to play too - it just feels so nice to play it on the iPad and iPhone.

Having XP per character is something we'll definitely consider for the single player campaign. The current release is geared towards multiplayer so your team XP will unlock new characters and weapon options but wont just make a unit better in all regards.

It's just the best way we could make sure new and old players could still play on an even playing ground (without crippling the more experienced player). And with all the team options in terms of new units, weapons and team perks, you'll be able to really focus your tactics once you level up.

3. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Sorry if I missed it, but will there be a beta?

4. blastedw0lf4

blastedw0lf4 Active Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Very nice man, keep up the g00d w0rk ;) and yes will beta testing start soon ?? if so I would def like to be a part of it...

5. baobaoaz

baobaoaz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
  6. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    To answer your beta questions, yes we will be having a beta period, and some of you out there will be involved in that. But no, there isn't a fixed date yet for when beta testers will be able to play.

I'm just in the process of adding Beta registrations to our server code so very shortly you'll be able to register to be a beta tester for the game. I'll be back on here with details once it's ready.

7. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    well it looks very interesting

8. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Sweet! Can't wait. Looking great so far.

9. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    Hey,

Josh here with a quick note about the progress of Lost Company.

The game has been seeing some major leaps forward on the tactical side of things with lots of unit types in the game and many weapons to choose from (Single shot weapons, exploding weapons, dual shot, smoke grenades, flame throwers, sniper rifles.. and the list goes on).

You can lock players into melee battles, strengthen your party with careful tactical positioning and heal units that were unfortunate enough to be wounded in battle.

We've also got multiplayer starting to really flesh out with commendation medals for teams that perform well (or extremely poorly :) ), an XP system for ranking and many other things. So it wont be long before Beta will be upon us. The beta registration setup is still underway but I'll be letting you know as soon as it's open and ready for you to sign up.

I hope to have a video of all these cool features for you soon, but for the moment, here's a screenshot of moving a unit around and some explosions :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    Added a new video showing off more of the tactical gameplay.

Enjoy!

11. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    Another unit ready for action: The Flamer!

[​IMG]

12. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    And finally, we present the Sniper!

That's all the characters available in the game, and I'll post a new render of the whole team soon!

[​IMG]

13. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    lol the artstyle and gameplay video really reminds me of Jeanne d'arc for psp. That's probably in my top 3 fav psp games. Hopefully this lives up to that =P

14. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    And finally, the whole Lost Company!

[​IMG]

15. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    Hey, Josh here and we need your feedback!

We've finalised the units and their upgrades but we're having trouble naming the newest character here:

[​IMG]

Previously we named him "The Sniper" because his primary weapon is a sniper rifle. But in Lost company, every unit has an upgrade path for their weapon, and this guy upgrades to remotely detonated satchel charges that can be placed in the level and set off all at once.

So the question is what name best represents a unit that can either have a sniper rifle or remote satchel bombs? A Recon Unit? A Special Ops Unit? Or maybe something better? If it helps, this guy uses a concealed flick blade in melee combat too..

Really looking forward to what you guys think!

16. megasamus1

megasamus1 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I say call him the "Stalker", based on the STALKER series (periods removed :) ), he looks just like one.

If that would run into copyright issues, ignore my comment. :rolleyes:

17. Vinyl Darhma

Vinyl Darhma Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    you may wish to change the name of this Unit as well, as immature people may take the name "The Flamer" in the derogatory sense meaning "homosexual". Just saying that it could rub some people the wrong way, why not name the unit The Firemen, or The Hotness? As for the Sniper Unit why not try The Ghost, meaning hes neither seen nor heard while on the battlefield but his presence is there and haunting to the opposing team.

18. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    Yeah, we've been getting a lot of that from family and friends.. :eek:. I think it's time for a new name for the Flame Thrower unit!

So the question is even more open, what should we name the unit who has a flame thrower for a primary weapon and as a secondary he has a flame thrower that is a little weaker but the fuel tanks double as a jetpack.. His nationality is Australian and he fights in melee with a cricket bat.

I like the Ghost and Stalker ideas for the sniper/remote bomb guy though, so keep the names coming :D

19. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Do you guys have an estimate of when this game will be released. How far are you, beta, or even before that

20. TOMEStudios

Jul 1, 2010
    There are a few parts of the game that are ready for beta but a lot of the game server parts need to be rounded out like the achievement system and the XP and rank system. And there are a lot of menus to polish and finish off. So we're pre-beta. :)

We're shooting for a beta in October though with the online server opening before that so that you can log in, create an account and register for beta if you're interested.

We'll be giving away in game benefits for early adopters who log in and help us test the online server though, so it'll be worth creating an account even if you're not interested in being a beta tester. We'll make sure the opening of the server is well known, but keep an eye out anyway :).

Then we'll be polishing and finishing all the content as fast as we can until it's done!