Dang it... I should have gotten a bigger iPod!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by tsharpfilm, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    I think they should have taken away the 8gig instead of the 16gig. Damn apple.

2. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Well of course; both Apple and Nintendo are masters of the upgrade your hardware. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense; from a consumer standpoint, it sucks.

3. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    Sometimes it´s hard to just have 8GB but also it helps to stay focused, instead of wandering around in your 32 gig unable to decide what to play next.

Also I like immersion - playing too much games at once really distracts from finishing a game and lowers the overall experience for the single game.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    This is what I'm experiencing at the moment. Way too many games and simply spread out to the point where I need to curtail my games to just a few and focus on them till completion. Having too many games in play gets overwhelming and starts not being fun.

5. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Very true, half the stuff on my phone is there for no reason.

6. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I remember why I got an 8gig now... Since hardware becomes obsolete on these things every 6 months, I find it easier to spend $229 a year on a new iPod touch rather than $299 or $399.

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Heck, yes. I had all 12 pages of my 8gig filled, and always had to delete stuff to put it on. However, recently I just deleted everything I had already finished, or that I didn't really play in a while.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Hell, I'm struggling to keep free space on my 32 gig iPhone! :eek:

about 6 gig is music/movies/pics, the rest are apps... :eek:

9. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I have a 64g so no complaints here. I have to have all my favourite music with me though. Still have some room left for good games and such.

10. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Show-off.

:p

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    hehehehe hey I paid well over what I needed to on this thing, showing off is the least I can do <3 :rolleyes:

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    *** Shakes fist - not at Booch for having a 64g iPod - but at Apple for not releasing a 64g iPhone4... *** :mad:

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah its flat out retarded that they didn't. I thought they did, but I dont follow the iPhones as much as the iPod touches.

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Whoa they didn't? I didn't know that.

15. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I didn't really either but yeah. They didn't. Make-a-no-sense.

16. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    uh?:confused:, iphone doesn't come in a 64g?.........I didn't know that either.

17. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    64gb isn't even enough in my opinion I originally went to buy the 16 or 32 gb but the store was out of them rather than waste my whole day looking for another I paid extra for the 64gb although at the time I was convinced I'll never ever use that much.

It's not that much long later and I'm down to about 5gb free space now while I'm glad I ended up getting the 64gb version I think we really need at least double that.

18. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    I've been micromanaging megabytes on my 32gb iPhone 4 for about a month now. I'm definitely hoping that the 5th gen comes in a 64gb model.

Another thing that would really help space issues is the ability to backup saved game files so that you can have them restored to your device later if you have to delete an app. I'd delete a lot of games that I've finished but I don't want to lose my save files in case I want to come back to them some other time. Apple should really do something about this, especially considering that iDevices have really turned into awesome gaming platforms.

19. skidbubble

skidbubble Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Always choose the option with the highest capacity. I have yet to run into a person who said "my iDevice has too much capacity. I wish it was only 1 gig".

20. synther

synther Well-Known Member

An iPod is primarily made for music and video -,-. The perfect solution would be a micro SD slot but Apple doesn't want that because they will make less money if they did put a slot in it.