Dang it... I should have gotten a bigger iPod!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by tsharpfilm, Oct 30, 2010.

1. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Too many great games and apps, and not enough space! :mad:

Any of you struggling with trying to make everything fit into your iDevice? I have an 8gig.

2. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    You gotta have some apps/games you hardly every play/use.. if so remove them for a while. :D

Good luck, mate! :)

3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Whenever I see people ask whether they should get an 8gb or 32gb, I always say 32gb and this is exactly why. Sure, they may not use most of the 32gb, but at least they won't have to worry about managing their media/apps.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your current predicament, hope you figure out what you can delete off your iPod!

4. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    I just carefully deselected the games and apps I'm not currently using in iTunes. I have 1.9gigs available now. Hopefully that'll be enough for Spider-Man: Total Mayhem (yes, I'm one of the 4 people who hasn't bought it yet), and the 2 other big games I'd like to get later.

Of course, if I'd gotten a bigger iPod, I wouldn't have to do so much app juggling, and I could have actually finished Grand Theft Auto. :D But I'll likely get back to it later.

Cheers

5. tsharpfilm

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Very true. At least once a week I have to spend about 10 to 15 minutes on just managing media, and adding and removing songs, apps, and games. 8gigs is not enough for an iPod touch or iPhone.

All is well now. If only my favorite games weren't so friggen huge. :D Crimson Gem Saga, Modern Combat 2, and Grand Theft Auto are about 700mb each. If I had all 3 on here, I wouldn't have much room for anything else.

6. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Wow, I didn't even know they made an 8 gig. I have a 32 gig phone and if I put all of my music on I would have no space left. So I have to manage the crap out of everything. That must be terrible for 8 gigs.

7. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    We're gonna need a bigger boat.

8. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Yeah, even though I was never going to use all 32 gigs of my iPT, 8gig is just not enough.

It is so hard deleting games off your device as you always think, yeah I will play that later.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    8GB is plenty when you don't fill it with crap like music and video. I have around 300 games on mine as of this post. No one in the entire world needs to carry more than 300 games around with them all the time. You could play those 300 for six months or so, then twice a year (which isn't much, so if you're moaning about the process you're nitpicking) swap them over with another 300 from your PC (which should basically have infinite space for app storage) and you're set for another six months.

10. Dusse

Dusse Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    I have an 8gb iPhone and about 3gb is still free. Then again, I use Spotify for my music (although I do cache it to the phone).

11. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Man, I hear you on that! I suffered for 2 years while owning an 8G/2Gen Touch. I like having tons of games on my device. A personal preference. There's reasons for this but won't go into it but I was constantly replacing games so others could fit.
    Never again will I own this small of gig device. After learning my lesson decided to jump to the biggest Gig available and I'm in awe of all that space now available.

12. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    I made that mistake with my 2nd gen iPod Touch. But now I have a 32 gb. :)

13. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Maybe back when the AppStore was first announced, 8gb might have been fine, but looking at the way games are expanding in size, now they aren't. RAGE for iPhone is going to be around 1.5gb, so you do need a bigger device if you want all the latest games.

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Fortunately I own both a PS3 and 360, so buying RAGE on iOS would be a ridiculous move for me to make anyway.

15. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    is this a joke?

16. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

When I decided to upgrade my 2G iPod Touch, I made the mistake of initially getting the 4G 8 gig, and what a mistake that was. Call me weird, but I use my Touch primarily for music, and even paring down to what I listen to the most and only the games I've played the most, I was still left with only a gig or so for any new apps.

Within two weeks, I had it up on ebay, sold it for a 20 dollar loss, and went out to get the 32 gig model, and haven't regretted it since.

At this point, Apple needs to do away with any future 8 gig versions of anything.

17. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I got the 32GB iP4 and I've only got 10 left.

18. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Yea, I was going to mention this too. They should do away with the 8g Touch. It has become obsolete, or will be when games get even bigger. (as was mentioned earlier).
    Maybe some are in need for just an 8g but I don't feel its in the majority.

19. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Now that they stripped the camera out of the Nano, an 8 gig for that would make sense, but nit an iP4, especially when you can take videos with it, and those really eat up the space.

20. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    The thing is, that's part of their strategy. They know that 8gb won't be enough, so they want people to pay the extra $70 for the 32gb.