Universal Dandara (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 5, 2018.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Voooooid! Long time buddy!

Dude, unless I’m mistaken, it’s the same update. At least that’s what the update notes on Steam and the App Store would indicate. Perhaps you’re on a different difficulty on iOS? Hmmm!

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #142 syntheticvoid, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Ha... I just checked and saw that there's another update that I didn't have.
    =X

I have no idea why it wasn't the newest version... but I offloaded it, reinstalled it and it said that there was an update....
    <shrug>

It's now the same as my Steam version...

<shrug>

Thanks for the response...

And... yeah, hey... hehe. Tryin to get back into the iOS scene (though, if it was unclear by my post... it's getting harder and harder to dive back into it each time I do try...).
    =/
    Glad to see you're still here.

Attached Files:

3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up on the update. I had given up on the game at one point so the thought that it has been changed to make the difficulty scale better was intriguing.

Opening is indeed much different but for some reason, I’m finding it more difficult because I can’t figured out where to go to progress after a certain point, lol. Think I may need a newer walkthrough to get over the hump.

I do love the game. Just suck at it!

4. brantkings

brantkings Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game dev
    Brazil
    Hey! So we did update Steam a bit earlier than iOS because it is something so easier to do!

Where you didn't figure out where to go? Was it outside the Crib, after the forest?

Also, did you know Dandara has an official subreddit where I do put news about the game? Check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/dandara/

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Totally understandable.
    =D

And THANK YOU for keeping up development with the iOS version!! It's always great when developers don't forget about the mobile crowd.
    =D

6. brantkings

brantkings Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game dev
    Brazil
    Free content update coming soon!

7. brantkings

brantkings Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game dev
    Brazil
    Aaaaand it's out on Android, iOS and Switch! (Also more platforms but keeping it relevant!)

8. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #148 yankeeblue000, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    I never got to finish this but, I do like it a lot. I also have it for Xbox. I like playing it on IOS better. The controls feel more intuitive on a touch screen. The pixel art is my favorite part of this game. It's cool about the update and one hell'uva deal on the price. If you guys out there haven't picked this up this is the time to do it. I think this is a pretty good pick up. As a matter of fact, I'm going to pick it back up today ;)

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It’s also on sale for $1.99. In fact all of Raw Fury’s games seem to be on sale currently.

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  10. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Thanx for the heads up. I just picked up Whispers of a Machine. I own the rest of their other games

11. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Man I’ve been really out of touch with this game I just started playing again the last couple of days. I started a new game my old game save was lost. I just learned of the game play modifiers which we’re added in another big update before this one. You have easy modifiers which are like cheats (Extra flags unlimited energy etc)and modifiers that ramps up the difficulty (permadeath, take double damage etc)which is crazy because this game was frustratingly difficult.

I just wanna say this game definitely feels a lot different and much better since I first played it on day one. The cheats are a game changer. It makes the game more manageable and more enjoyable. I think with all the time and effort put into this game and all the extra content still being added to it that it’s a crime not to pick this up especially at the price it is at the moment. I think I paid $15USD when it first came out. It’s a good game and if it’s not you’re cup of tea then maybe gift it to someone.

Anyway, these are just my two cents. Not really trying to tell anyone what to do with dollars and cents :cool:

12. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Well for 2,5 euros i picked it up fully expecting not to like it - i am not crazy about the “bouncing platformer” game types but the metroidvania aspect (map, abilities and shooting enemies) made the first half hour fly by. Will definitely stick with it and suggest other people who think like me (love metroidvanias but not bouncing) give it a shot at this price.

Also what’s this about modifiers? How do you enable them?

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  13. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    #153 yankeeblue000, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    In-game pause the game and choose the gameplay option and it’ll take you to the Cheat screen with modifiers. Now as far as the modifiers where you can add the extra difficulty to gameplay I think that’s available after you beat the game

ramzarules likes this.
  14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Guessing they are taking advantage of their game of the year from Apple and have put it on sale for £2.99 which is a lot cheaper than it’s been before but it has been as low as £1.99 I see.

15. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Just playing this, and I’m a tad confused by something. I’ve just got the Bracers of Patience, which look like they’re supposed to give me some kind of shield.

in some rooms, the word “defend” appears at the bottom right, but tapping on it just makes my joystick appear - and it doesn’t actually do anything (or use any energy). Then I have to go into that room with the moving platforms, and something shoots you every time I try to ride on them.

I’ve found a page which says what button to hit if I’m using a controller, but nothing arbour how to use it on a touchscreen. I’m playing on an iPad.

Thanks for any help.

16. brantkings

brantkings Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Game dev
    Brazil
    Dandara is out on Apple Arcade if you didn't hear the news!

in some rooms, the word “defend” appears at the bottom right, but tapping on it just makes my joystick appear - and it doesn’t actually do anything (or use any energy). Then I have to go into that room with the moving platforms, and something shoots you every time I try to ride on them.

I’ve found a page which says what button to hit if I’m using a controller, but nothing arbour how to use it on a touchscreen. I’m playing on an iPad.

Thanks for any help.
    Yeah, drag a jump towards the ground will trigger the shield! Just drag and hold, but beware that it will cost energy as you're doing it. It is really valuable against bosses.

As I'm here and had an e-mail asking, you can drag the weapon icon up and down to change weapons too.

dancj likes this.
  17. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Tha
    Thanks a lot!