Universal Dandara (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 5, 2018.

1. toofinedog

toofinedog Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2013
    #101 toofinedog, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Did you get that skull thing before or after the logic blast? I have the blast but not that yet.

My profile shows missiles, [space], logic, [space], bracers.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Only played it a bit last night before I went to bed. Don’t think I’ve got that far yet. But yeah living the graphics and I’ll keep an eye out for that bit

3. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Collecting money and upgrading

How did you go about upgrading the hearts? I keep dying a lot and losing my monies. The enemies don’t respawn very fast either which makes running in and out of rooms to kill the same enemy impossible. I get a bit further, earn some money but then I die before making it to camp.

4. m2306

m2306 Active Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Fireball killing me

Somekind of fireball started appearing and it’s really hard to dodge or kill. It wasn’t there before. How can I avoid it or kill it, is there something triggering the appearance?

5. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    Enemies re-spawn whenever you camp. I found a good spot in the futuristic area (forgot the name). The camp is in a room called "Reasoning Lock". The door to the left has approximately 5 "triangle monsters" that yield a good amount of salt each plus two orange homing orbs to kill. You can clear the room, go back to the camp room with one more triangle monster to hit, and repeat. I maxed everything out there.

6. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    #106 rhinofinger, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Oh yeah, I used the room to the upper-left of the "reasoning lock" camp to farm salt too. Upgraded hearts and energy almost to the max, which helped a lot with the late game. Being able to spam missiles is really useful.

I got the skull laser thing ("memories shaft") before I got the logic blast. It's somewhere in the upper-right area of the map near The Writer IIRC. I think it was in a room with a wall in the middle, where you get to one side of the room from one path and the other side of the room from another path. It's honestly not that useful IMO. Of the three (missiles, memories shaft, logic blast) the missiles seem by far the most useful simply due to their long range and the ability to shoot a lot of them quickly in a row. Best way to destroy some of the late-game bosses and enemies is to just spam as many missiles as you can as soon as you have a brief window to attack them, then recharge.

My glossary shows, in order:
    The Campsite, Freedom's Flag, Pleas of the Salt, Arrow of Freedom, Heart of the Great Salt, Scarf of Freedom, Essence of Salt Enhancer, Infusion of Salt Enhancer, Essence of Salt, Infusion of Salt, Map, Rock of Remembrance, Stone of Creation, Stone of Intention, Pearl of Dreams, Bracers of the Patient, Jonny B. Missiles, ???/Unknown, Memories Shaft, Logic Blast
    . Still not sure what "???/Unknown" could be. There don't seem to be any unexplored parts of the map for me. I suspect I may have missed something in
    The Dream Lands
    , because that area was super confusing and doesn't really get mapped. Would appreciate any hints/help.

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Suggestion/request is the devs see this.... Is it possible to have the effects of the "Essence of Salt" take effect immediately. I'm constantly dying because the character pauses when trying to regain health, only to take another couple of hits which then kill me. It renders that power up useless.

Also think that when you get hit, you loose too many hearts. I have my health upgrades up to 4, and weapon upgrade up to 3, but doesnt matter as you die when trying to use them

Just an opinion. Still loving.

8. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    Ah, the big dude. I thought something was up with that guy at the time, but I completely forgot after beating the big heart guy (I'm just renaming everything at this point.) I did go to the DL and acquired then lost (because I died) an energy ball with a face. It stays on screen though I think old ones disappear if there are too many out. I don't remember the name, but that's probably the missing item. I got it in the Village of Artists area before the dual bosses where I died. I can't tell you specifically because I don't remember. I'm going to give it a shot again tonight.

I guess the only thing I'm missing is how to open the golden gate with the big eye. I've tried spamming it with everything I currently have but can't figure it out. Do you have a hint for that like is there a switch or a certain item? It's probably something obvious, but I don't want frustration to cause me to not finish. I'm thinking I need to complete the DL to get that last "key" type item which I'm guessing is the PoD from your item spoiler list. Thanks.

9. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    #109 toofinedog, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    It appears although I died, I retained the item. It's called Anxiety Shock. That's a pretty damn forgiving feature for such a difficult game.

Edit: rhino, when you get to the stone wall, go down and to the left. You'll enter a room with shock pods on the platforms Go left. There will be about six Jaffa shooting their staffs at you. Below them is the item. I didn't have to fight the guardian gate, and interestingly, I didn't have to fight the bosses who killed me; they were just gone. I got the item, and now I fully understand how to pass the eye gate. Off to get the skull beam first.

10. rhinofinger

Dec 10, 2013
    #110 rhinofinger, Feb 14, 2018
    Hmm. Not sure I understand - is it in Village of Artists or DL (dream lands?). I'll look for that in any case. I don't remember "dual bosses."

FYI, for the memories shaft / skull laser, IIRC it's in the room that's
    two rooms to the left of the rightmost campsite ("Tower Stairway") in the tan area at the upper-right of the map where the Writer is. The room is divided with a wall, and the item is in the left-hand side of that room, so you have to approach from the other side.

Yeah, you need the
    Pearl of Dreams from the Dream Lands
    to get past the golden walls. You actually don't go through the eye. The
    Pearl of Dreams from the Dream Lands
    allows you to
    teleport from one campsite to another
    . If you go
    down along the left side of the golden wall
    , you encounter a
    campsite called "The Breach in the Wall" that you can then teleport to from another campsite.

The eye can be destroyed later from within the golden walls by
    destroying the two turrets on either side of it through the two small openings along the interior of the wall
    . I recommend
    spamming missiles as quickly as possible, and taking out the one on the left first
    to do so.

11. rhinofinger

Dec 10, 2013
    Sorry - the stone wall? Not sure what you're referring to. Is this in the Village of Artists or the Dream Lands?

12. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    In the Dream Lands, you get to a point where there will be a wall you can destroy with the missiles. If you go down and to the left instead of breaking the wall, you get to the room with Anxiety Shock.

13. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    this game has been featured on the appstore for a while now and it is still not on the top charts.

So this makes me think. Curious to see how a not well known game like this, placed in a market with a lot of freemium games and freemium gamers will sell for 15$.

Anyways, the game looks interesting. I will wait for a sale however because I am not sure if i will really enjoy it.

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    So I'm at "City Outskirts" and have done a fair amount of exploring. The last item I found was the bracers. Dont know if I should go "up" from there (past the circle thing) or "down/left" through the purple areas.

Any suggestions on which to do first? Dying a lot.

15. rhinofinger

Dec 10, 2013
    #115 rhinofinger, Feb 14, 2018
    Thanks, I found it in the Dream Lands!

Where I found it was actually branching off of the path to the Pearl of Dreams. Basically, one of the "versions" of the big room you pass through (not the corner room) has a path that goes diagonally to the right underneath the exit on the right (it's the one with yellow hornets and spike-headed octopus things near the exit). That path leads you to a room with a bunch of electric shock walls and spikey moving things and spear/magic dudes. The Anxiety Shock is in the lower right corner of that room.

Edit: attached screenshots to help anyone else also looking for this

Attached Files:

16. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    #116 toofinedog, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    Game quit on me four times in what seems to be the final boss room. That's hella annoying.

I downloaded the "launch" update, and now it's quits immediately after selecting my profile.

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Woah...how did you get all those hearts. I only Have 8 and thought that was a lot!

18. rhinofinger

Dec 10, 2013
    Farmed salt for a while using the room just to the left of the "Reasoning Lock" campsite (rightmost campsite in the purple city area). It has a few of those triangle-shooting dudes in a configuration where it's easy to kill most of them from behind. You get somewhere around 600 salt per trip to that room IIRC.

After the price of upgrades got up to 2000 or so, I stopped farming and kept going through the game. Once you get into the golden walled area, you earn lots of salt fairly quickly in there and can finish up the rest of the upgrades.

19. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    I made it to that campsite once (if im thinking of the same one), but couldn't figure out how to get to it. I feel like I saw it in a room that was separated by a wall. Do I have that right? Then died obviously.

20. toofinedog

Oct 18, 2013
    #120 toofinedog, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    You need to pull a switch on the nearby console to open the door on the right (it's one-way in). After you save at that camp, flip the switch again then die to open the "reasoning lock".