Universal Dandara (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I played this for about an hour—the difficulty is real, and getting around is pretty fun. I hope there are some more power ups to the map a few more details or notes could be handy. We'll see.

My only issue is—on an ipad air—sometimes when I am shooting the game pauses. like, some kind of movement on the left side is misread. My fingers are not near the bottom corner, so I know I'm not accidentally brushing it. Its meant taking a few hits because its hard to unpause and then shoot right away at close enemies. Hopefully a fix comes for that soon.

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Made it to the Colossal Bridge. Wow does the difficulty ramp up.

Is there an upgrade for the standard shots you fire or no?

3. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #83 Roxton, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    You get an additional shot in your spread, although you get that in the forest, IIRC.
    A previous commenter indicated that equipping the secondary ability that you get in the area after the bridge increases the power of your standard shot. I haven’t tested this properly, but it seems true. Edit: It’s not true. With the benefit of energy upgrades, I find myself missile spamming the tougher enemies, so standard shot power isn’t critical for me.

Ooph, that control center boss.

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I think I have 4 shots in my spread. Does that mean I picked up the additional one already?

5. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Yup.

6. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Obligatory “Oh, sweet Jesus, I beat the game” post.
    I’ve said it before: Gaming is all about having a safe space to accumulate trauma. Thanks for the amazing title!

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    How long did it take you?

8. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    10 hours.

9. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Okay. First off, I’m loving this game!! Exactly something that I dig, especially on my phone. I’m at the Collossal Bridge. That lady says it’s a “one way trip” or something like that. Can I cross back over later? I still haven’t figured out a couple things. Like, how to get that chest that’s stuck in the middle of a chunk of land. Also, I don’t know how to flip this platform thing I’ve gotten to. I don’t know if I just haven’t gained that ability yet, or if it’s just something I’m missing.

10. toofinedog

toofinedog Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I just made my way back to the start after acquiring the ability to flip those platforms. I recommend against accessing the one you mentioned until you're stronger. It's like super hard versions of certain areas, and I got my salt handed to me. I haven't gotten the landlocked chest, but I'm certain I'll get an ability to access it later.

General reply to others: I preordered and got the discount, but the game is worth $14.99.

11. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Love it, but can only play a few minutes at a time. I’m not a wussy gamer but its difficulty paired with how WAY FAR BACK the save spots are make it too frustrating to play for long.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #92 Gwarmaxx, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    you can grab that "secret" chest near the start
    shooting a rocket to the left or right side of that land, don't remember now wich one correctly

13. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #93 Gwarmaxx, Feb 12, 2018

hey psj, i'm an old gamer too, we know well and talked about emulators and old games often... i suggest you to grab this beauty, you will not regret, mostly if you are a huge fan of metroidvania games like me.

regarding the price, in this case i bought it not for a "hype addiction" (never been a "hype guy") but for my "metroidvania addiction", and we can agree that there are never enough of them on the app store, right?

edit > oh, controls are really good and intuitive, trust me.

14. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #94 yankeeblue000, Feb 12, 2018
    I love this game. It’s the beautiful artwork that caught my attention a while back but the gameplay is just as awesome. I have bought it on a console too but the touch controls feel a lot better and more natural.

The zig-zagging thru the levels feels intuitive and fun. It’s a very simple mechanic to get used to. Almost as simple as using jump to move from platform to platform. I think it’s a better design than using touch controls for most platformers on mobile. It feels more precise.

This game is a instant classic for me. I actually had that nostalgic feeling of playing Metroid for the first time as a kid. The price is spot on. It’s worth it. These dev’s have to eat. Simple & plain. Selling your hard ass work for a couple of dollars is not going to cut it in this finicky business. If you love gaming than this is a no-brainer.

15. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I’ve beaten the game, but I’m still missing one last item/thing in the glossary between the missiles and the “memories shaft.” Anyone know what it could be / where I could find it?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Okay due to this post I’ll get it now. Like I say it’s not the price just I was nervous about the controls. I want to support devs like this as well. I’ll let you know what I think later

17. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    great! yeah, let me know... oh and devs said in a old post that will invert controls in a next update, in case you are uncofortable as it is now.

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dismissed the game before it came out coz of the possibility of the controls, but it turned out, after i tested it on a friend's switch, that it actually has pretty good controls. The semi-lock really helps here so you can focus less on the accuracy of the jump, and more on the quick movement across platforms.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ha ha yep I bow down !

You were all right. The controls work very well. I thought I wouldn’t like them but for the hang of them straight away. The games very polished and oozes is quality.

Had a 10 minute go and really like it. Worthy pickup. Thanks all for convincing me !! Love the graphics and the way the game plays. Excellent

20. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

glad you like it!

have you too those Another World little vibes in the forest area?