Universal Dandara (by Raw Fury)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Feb 5, 2018.

1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Are you pre collossal bridge? There’s a few instances where you come across the wheels like that. I was stuck for a bit too and realized there’s this part you come to where you stand on a switch and 2 walls move one above you moves down and one below you moves left well those walls move at different speeds so you have to actually stop them just right so you can go, I think it’s down. If you encountered this already you most likely just went up since that’s the easier more obvious path. It wasn’t until I came back through that I realized I needed to go down and saw that the walls move at different speeds it was just timing .

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I’m also stuck at the first time you get to one of those wheels. I’ve tried every path, including the one I think with the two platforms (one that goes up and one that goes down). All I get are areas where I can’t reach the other end.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people, like the other person before, are gonna be stuck there because it's not clear where you need to go at that point. Basically on the top left of the map (after collecting the music box power) you'll have to navigate your way through the top exit, it's a sort of puzzle that requires a good read of the map. You'll find the power that you need there. It's not exactly easy but keep trying every way and you'll find it eventually. Took me a few tries.

4. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    The place I mentioned above is where you go after the music box.

By the way has anyone else found that the powers you get (the rocket, etc.) are useless except for using them to bypass the specific areas you use them on. I mean you’d think a rocket would be more powerful then your regular attack. Especially because of how limited the uses are. Even the power afterwards just plain sucks lol or I guess I just expected these powers to be useful against bosses. Actually now that I’ve finally gotten to the first big boss after collossal bridge I’ve realized the strongest thing against them is patience lol. Do NOT try to rush kill these guys. I mean really go slow dodge as much as you need until you get an open spot to attack, rinse and repeat. The bosses take like 10 minutes to beat . Well this one I’m on is really hard so I’m kinda stuck on him but he’s definitely a long long battle.

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I don't think I've hit the colossal bridge yet. Thanks for all the info and will get back at it. Really appreciate.

6. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #66 anthony78, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Thanks but I still don’t have the music box power either. :(

Can anyone give me a clue on how to get it?

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    I assume “buritis” is the area I need to figure out.

8. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I was thinking this too but seemed to explore every possible pathway. Of course some of those don’t allow have a path to continue with my current lack of abilities. There is one door that is locked.

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    OK figured it out and got the rocket. Made it to the "Temple of Creation." Let me know if you want me to tell you another room you should be looking at.

10. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    If you could, please do. :)

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    If I remember correctly it was in
    ”mind cross”. Have to get to a place where a switch moves multiple walls and go to the door on the right.
    I’m pretty sure that should do it and hope it helps.

12. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #72 anthony78, Feb 7, 2018
    Thanks. I’ve explored that area before. I’ll have to go back and see if I missed anything.

Edit: finally figured it out. Thanks again!

13. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    C7326CFB-AD2F-4456-A2FC-215FCC1169BD.jpg

went to the appstore to buy this game cause of all the praise it’s been getting... i’m just gonna leave this here though

14. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    Since I have a sense of orientation like a drunken frog in a hall of mirrors, I'm usually no big fan of metroidvania games. How will I come along with this here beauty?

15. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    If you don’t really care for metroidvanias you probably won’t care for this. It has the wide open space with lack of any direction in the same respect to classic Metroid games. You just get thrown in without much help and it’s up to you to figure it all out. Granted it’s not hard to figure out, since you don’t run and gun like a normal platformer/metroidvania and it’s more like flick and gun they show you how to do that. The direction in the game is only by trial and error. You go one way, come across something you need a powerup for you don’t have yet so you turn back after checking your map and find a different way to go, rinse and repeat. That screenshot above with the reviews. Are only somewhat accurate. 1. This is most likely the first game that person preordered since it became a thing. Yes preordered games do auto download. That’s not the games fault that’s your fault for preordering and not knowing what was gonna happen when the game released. 2nd the other review. Yes this game is ridiculously hard. Classic gamers and just people who like a challenge in general will feel at home here. This game has elements of the original Metroid and a bullet hell combined. It can get hectic at the drop of a pin. Lol.

I’ll repeat now how movement works for anyone too lazy to go back and read the posts. Right thumbsticks (no mfi) allows you to point and aim a green laser sight and you aim it at white landing pads when you let go your guy jumps to that spot then you do it again to keep moving. The left thumbstick you aim, hold, charge, let go to shoot your gun which has a short distance but spreads. The flick mechanic has an assist which means you don’t have to be 100% precise on where you aim to get to your destination, most likely to help with how hectic the game gets which requires you to flick around like a slime on speed to dodge and shoot so you don’t die lol. Because you will die. A lot. I promise.

Edit: the response about the reviewers above is from hambos post of that picture. The rest is info for bonk3rz and just general info for anyone not sure about buying.

16. rhinofinger

rhinofinger Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I disagree - I find the missile very useful. The unlimited range lets you pick off faraway enemies. I particularly like to use it to blast those "giant door thing that shoots at you" enemies from farther away, since there's often a lot of dangerous stuff near those.

Still haven't figured out a great use for the "skull beam" thing that I got since then, but I imagine it could be useful in similar situations. Only just got that recently, so maybe it'll come in handy later.

17. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    #77 dbagga84, Feb 7, 2018
    Nah they’re both useless. Except you’re right about those walls. But you know those walls die in 3 hits with your regular gun when having the skull thing equip (equipping different powers changes the power of your regular shot) so once you get the skull thing and your regular attack is upgraded it really does become useless unless. You really really can’t get in there to hit them. Like in the instance when you come across one and there’s orange unkillable slimes around. Or some kind of unkillable obstacle but anything else I take out then take out the wall. It’s slower but it beats the 6 hits it takes with a missile

You can probably use the skull to block those stupid orange slimes. There’s that 1 room that was kind of annoying I think there groups of 3 or 4 in different quadrants of the room and you had to go around flipping switches to lower 5 beams that are blocking a door.

18. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Missile can also be fired at a faster rate than your standard shot, and consumes very little energy.

19. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    In other news, whoever designed Dreamlands is a sadist.
    Brilliant title.

20. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    That the purple level? Yeh I tried it a few times but it’s definitely too hard for me. Gonna be movin on to a different game now. But GL to the rest of ya