Universal Dan The Man (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Aug 19, 2016.

1. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Very nice and fun game :)

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    You know truthfully, I wish they would allow the costumes to work with Barry. I might be tempted to buy one or two of them.

Maybe when I get done with Barry, finish the story, and start working on Dan I might. But they should think about letting the costumes work on Barry.

I hope Halfbrick stops by the thread. Has anyone emailed them the link? Maybe we could get them to add a currency doubler.

Billy

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This game really is fantastic. Been playing non stop and loving everything about it...the controls, gameplay, secret areas, upgrades, various characters with different abilities, etc.

Been playing with Barry Steakfries who is the man (despite the title claiming its Dan).

I'm almost done and don't want it to end. Really hoping they stick with this one and continue updating with additional content/levels.

Congrats on making an instant classic.

4. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    The fantasic moves and controls (customizable in place) make this game incredibly satisfying and enjoyable. Of course you can blaze through the game within 3 hour-ish (if you have those skills), but after i finished the game with Barry ($6), i'm enjoying the next play through with Dan even more. Especially his double-down kick is badass.

Play with different characters, find all hidden areas, unlock new stuff in the fight mode and the daily missions give me a huge replay ability.

Rated this fun platforming brawler gem with 5-stars on my app store. Easily.

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Do the Knight, Skeleton, Bee, etc all have different abilities as well? When I finish with Barry would give one of them a try if yes.

6. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Bee Week Day 1 (10/10/16) is a good way to earn coins fast! It's a quick run and you can gain $620 coins per run.
    I keep going over and over it to upgrade all my characters ##

7. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Just can't get a grip on the controls though being an iPad player.

8. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Amazing tip

9. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I read some of the thread after I had downloaded this.
    Most complaints people had are dealt with by spending the couple dollars on "premium".
    No ads, infinite continues, Barry SF.
    Anyway, this is one of the few games to have me play something on my phone / IPad in a while.
    Great platformer, if you get rid of the ads, it's a really good game.

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Can'help on this one, sorry. Didn't buy any other character and the (by playing) unlocked "Individuel" has the same move as Dan (the one all to the right. Look at the upgrade signs/pictures).

Anyone knows more?

I backed up/iClouded my old 5s before i set up my new iphone 7 today, but Dan the Man is the only game that didn't transfer successfully, for whatever reasons. And no, i don't have a Halfbrick account. Fyi, the restore button worked easily and i have my Barry back. Honestly, i don't care at all in this case. Love it to start all over again.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Kind of pissed...bought Steakfries+premium and still getting forced ads. Have to watch ads to save, for statue items and before and after levels etc..

Anyone else?

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Not here. Absolutely no issues with the statues or ads. Have you tried restoring purchases?

Billy

13. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #73 Nobunaga, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Costumes don't effect how the character plays. They're very similar to Dan.
    Different outfits or pieces of offer boosts. More health, fire resistance, etc. premium outfits seem to have better stat boosts than the ones bought in game. Outfits, like the robot, which i got from the weekly challenge (I think) have the same level of bonus as ones for sale for $.
    Just checked the game, I got the "kings goon" costume from a chest, as well. I think all characters can be won in game if you don't want to pay.

14. Spuzzy

Spuzzy Member

May 8, 2012
    Ditto, instant delete.

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

I would contact halfbrick. I'm sure they'll solve your problem.

I've bought the same but no issues.

16. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I figured it out. I mistakenly just purchased just the Steakfries character. So I paid three more to get premium...lol

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ahhh. Yea it's confusing. See. I almost did the samething. One one screen it's just Barry. Then on another screen they give you the full deal. They really need to change it.

Billy

18. Pizdak

Pizdak Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Kick ass game!
    Supported u with No Ads & Barry character.
    What about adding multiplayer mode? Maybe between two devices? It'll be freakin awesome!
    Keep on great work.

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Ouch. I played the first couple of levels and then was offered Premium with 5000 coins but no Barry for £1.49 ($1.99). Played through the rest of the game and was just offered the chance to buy Barry for £0.79 ($0.99).

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Guys, if you go premium are you still offered the chance to watch ads or are they disabled completely?