Universal Dan The Man (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Aug 19, 2016.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Btw the soft launch version had a lot less ads in it compared to the worldwide launch version, I guess it helps entice people to pay for the premium unlock.

With regards to the length of the game: the story campaign is quite short, you can finish it in less than 3 hours. However there is Battle mode which is quite fun and the daily missions that add unique levels as well. Overall it's a very entertaining game. Personally I didn't like the dark tones the story went to - mass executions and such. It didn't fit the cheery presentation at all.

2. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    #42 DrlRage, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    This is one of the best games I've played in quite a while, on any system. It's nothing short of amazing! I completely lost track of time. I just beat the story mode and bought Barry so I'm gonna play it again with him. I love the platforming and fighting system so much, this is well made and has so much replay value for me. I love the web series, characters and the story. The fact that this was a show before a game is awesome and it feels authentic to the show. I can't find anything to complain about....other than why other developers don't make games as fun and creative as this. :) I recommend this game highly. I'm still in awe.

3. DrlRage

DrlRage Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2012
    I did the same. Definitely worth it!

4. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    this.

5. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I want to thank lord and the others for suggestions.

I bought the premium + Barry (25% offer).

Thankyou all. ;)

6. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    I agree it's a blast man ❤️❤️

7. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I haven't even seen the battle or daily modes. Do you have to beat the game to unlock these modes? The battle mode sounds like a lot of fun!

Man this game is getting better and better. The consumable IAP is still too expensive but I am very glad I paid for Barry and his shot gun with the premium.

What I've been doing is watching the ads for coins everyday until they run out and then upgrading Barry's skills where I can. That shotgun fully upgraded is so kick ass. It double shoots and quickly reloads. I love it. I also fully upgraded the fire spin move. I love that one too.

This really is one of Halfbricks best games.

Billy

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    #48 GiHubb, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    LordShad0ws:

Battle mode and daily challenges unlock as you progress through the campaign, and they are indeed quite awesome!

There is no need to buy the consumable IAP coin packs, you make plenty by just playing, I even rarely watched ads like you described.

In my opinion the most important thing to upgrade is the down kick move + the high kick. Couple that with the regular combo attack upgrades and you're set. The grab moves in my opinion are quite useless as they take too long to execute and the charge up attack is also for the same reason too slow as well.

9. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I love the throw move. It reminds me of the old move in Double Dragon.

I don't seem to earn as much money as you do while playing. I do try for every coin as I play.

Thank you for the tips. I will try to master those kick moves better. I do like the move where he uses the shot gun as a club.

I just made it to the first boss. Any tips?

Billy

10. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    One thing I have found that is a little unbalanced is the bought perks when playing battle arena. 500 gold for a perk that makes enemies drop more gold when they take damage - as yet, I have been unable to make this pay for itself so it seems almost useless unless you've received the perk as a freebie in a chest.

Apart from that, I'm finding most things fairly well balanced - I guess you could say the last few upgrade unlocks are a bit pricey (2500-5000 gold each), takes a lot of play through and no spending money in shops to accumulate that sort of figure, but it's only minor gripe.

11. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow what an amazing game!!!!!

12. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I'd actually pay for a coin doubler. For some reason I never mind then in games if they aren't expensive.

Billy

13. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Great game. Please add customizable button layout via the settings.

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    There already is. You can put them anywhere and in anyway on the screen. It took me a bit to figure out exactly how I wanted them but now I pull off moves like a champ. Just go into options and tap controls and tap custom.

Billy

15. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Oh crud.. Thanks!

16. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Have played through with Barry and will be going back through with Dan and the other character.....I'm thinking there might be multiple endings or the story plays out differently for each character.....maybe? Either way, I'm going to assume they'll add more meat to the story. I thought there was 8 levels but it's half that (8 levels with 3 stages each). Good stuff, and the arena mode adds some leg along with thr daily/weekly tournament they're running.

17. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Hey not to rag on u but u have been in this community for a while why the 4 star rating I'm intrigued?

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Easy. I originally set it at 4 because of the cost of the IAP and there isn't a currency doubler. After playing for a day I did leave a 5 star AppStore review but I simply forgot to change this one hehe.

Billy

19. rich1574

rich1574 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Same here. Thought Halfbrick always include a currency doubler

20. Fio

Fio Well-Known Member

Controls usually are a pain in games like this as I'm used to buttons, not tapping on glass lol.