Damn Cops

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Phil_Synowiec, Jul 7, 2009.

1. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I'm kind of digging those Stefan Janoski's, but only with a polo and some jeans or khakis, not for skating. They look like those Vans.

2. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

i'm like an old person that is retired but still works a couple days a week at a supermarket to make a few bucks to buy booze with. i'm not gone, just not here as much. I recently got a job teaching how to make beer, tasting beer, and running a store that sells lots of micro brews and it takes up a lot of time. The forum that I do my beer stuff on, isn't quite as "friendly" as this board and certain language is perfectly acceptable there, so I try and keep myself out of here as much as possible to avoid altercations because I forget the rules of certain forums. as you can see I still pop in now and then. :) but there is no way I'm making a goodbye thread only to keep popping up like everyone else does. I am not that important that we need a thread about that, haha.

3. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

I cracked up a Three Floyds Dark Lord Imperial Stout on my birthday on the 4th, yummmmm. On the third I took a road trip to Mi, to go to Bell's Brewery, Founders, and New Holland. Great trip, I HIGHLY rec Founders Hod, the canadian breakfast stout, and maple mountain brown ale were both fantastic and brew pub exclusives.

4. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    I actually just bought a pair of Denim Forbes, they got delivered yesterday and hot dang are they sweet.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Fair enough, like I said I was just guessing at your situation, since I've known many people over the years who just jump on the skating bandwagon without ever really caring about the actual skating part. And yes, I'm quite aware of CCS as that was the first thing that got me into skating in 6th grade, a CCS catalog. I've built countless funboxes, and even welded a few of my own flatbars over the years. I've brought those objects to empty parking lots, abandoned lots, and even the grocery store I spoke of. And I've been kicked out of all those places regardless. There is a need to destroy people's property, that's what street skating is, love it or not. It doesn't make it "right" or "fair", but that's the way it will always be. The concrete that we wax up will far outlast all of our lives and people will continue to skate it long after we're all dead and gone. If you don't understand that, that's fine. Like I alluded to, you don't actually "get" what skating is and probably never will. I take that back, skating can be whatever it is to that individual person. So if skating to you is all about skateparks, that's great for you. Your still missing a majority of what the actual sport is, though. Take any video that's come out in the last 15 years and take a look at how many of the dudes in that video have tricks at skateparks compared to street spots. It doesn't even come close. Nobody wants to buy the latest video and watch some guy do something at a place that was built for skating, not usually. The skatepark stuff is boring cause it's a place designed for skating. People want to see the unique skating that you can only get skating streets.
    As for helping inner city youth or whatever, that is very commendable. I helped get a skatepark built in my former city as well, and have always looked at skating as a much more desirable hobby than say selling drugs or joining gangs. And I usually only skate at my skatepark now too, it just easier and hassle free. But it's not nearly as fun as actually street skating.

Well, that's a pretty stupid comparison if you ask me. Is punching old people in the face a recognized sport/hobby that millions of people partake in daily? Absolutely not. Is it rude that people skate your benches when there's a skatepark nearby? Yes, yes it is. But like I'm saying, that's the nature of skating and it's never, ever, ever going to change. I'm sorry about your benches getting ruined, but that's life. I feel bad I have to pay $150 to get my window fixed, just because someone's hobby is breaking into my car (which has happened 5 times in the last year). Sucks for me, that's life though. If you really don't like it, skate stop your benches. The skaters will find somewhere else to go.

Hodapp & jchampl: This is a hard point to argue..err.. discuss with you guys, cause I feel like both sides are right in many ways. The fact that skateparks exist is not a reason for people to stop street skating. Skateparks are nice, but it isn't truly skating. First of all, IMO the majority of parks are built by people that have no idea about skating. The city will probably just pick the cheapest contractor, who doesn't skate himself, who will draw up plans for a park that is practically unskateable. Trust me, I have witnessed this dozens of times. That is not a viable solution to me. It's like telling someone they can't play basketball at the schoolyard, but just down the street they built you a 15 foot tall backboard, with an oval rim, and you can play there all you want. Great, thanks, I think I'd rather just go home and play video games. Second of all, skating is all about progression. So you learn a trick down 3 stairs, now you want to try it down 5, then 10, etc. If my skatepark only has a 5 stair, well that's where my progression stops. I'm going to seek out somewhere that has more stairs, simple as that. Could you imagine if they relegated surfers to artificial waves? Why go out in the ocean, when we can make everyone just surf the same exact man-made waves. Or snowboarding. No more back country runs, or hitting unique snowpacks at a mountain that's unlike any other in the world. Just your same, artificial hill that people made for you so you can snowboard without damaging property or what have you. Skateparks are nice for what they are, but they take the heart out of the entire thing.

6. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Ive searched around the internet for a little bit about my eyes. I'm thinking that I have weak pigment in my retina:
    http://ask.metafilter.com/59181/Pupils-that-are-always-dilated-what-does-this-mean

It says that you also have problems with glare, I do. Sometimes, at random, Ill stare at a light for maybe even a milisecond and I will get that light stuck in my eyesight, Afterwards I get a massive Migrane.

7. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    That's definitely the chlorine. There's a visine for that.