Damn Cops

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Phil_Synowiec, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Make a shrine? Shrine of all that is holy and high, of all that is smokey, of all... yeah, forget I said that. I know nothing about drugs. I don't even know where I'd start to get them.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Thats allright Kamazar. You are still cool. hahaha

But on a serious note, I probably could make a shrine. lmao

3. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

let's see:
    your 17
    in a modified car
    out at midnight
    have red eyes
    probably are acting like you have better things to be doing

I would pull you over as well. As an officer of the law if we pull over someone and then let them go and they get in to an accident, due to drugs or alcohol we are suspended for a few days. Here's the deal we don't pull people over for no reason, if you drove a normal car and weren't out at midnight none of this would have happened. Occasionally our job might create hassles, but when you live all the way to 80 years old without getting hit by a drunk driver then you can thank us because I sense you have no respect as to the importance and the difficulty of our job right now at your young age of 17. The fact that you have been pulled over multiple times tells me you are giving the officers plenty of reason to suspect something is wrong with you. I'm so glad you "let" him search your car, I'm sure he felt so grateful that you let him do that, seeing as he could have easily towed your car and gotten a warrant to search it the next day. I sense it will take many more times for you to get pulled over, but I hope one day you learn.

Also I love how people on here are giving advice about you can only hold a person for what you pulled them over for and anything after that time can be dismissed. Total crap. There is no given time for a traffic stop due to difficult people, and sometimes drivers that don't speak good english a traffic stop can take as long as we see fit. If you try that in front of a judge they will just laugh, it's just like the people that try the "uh when was your radar gun last calibrated?" It doesn't work, it does provide us with plenty of humor. Also we don't need a warrant to tow your car, which I can do for expired tags, and then plenty of time to get a warrant to search your car. But keep providing humor internet lawyers. I don't have to work tonight so I'll be bored and looking for more ways to beat the system.

4. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

#44 Phil_Synowiec, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    Back on topic.

@jchampl

your 17 - allowed to be driving passed my old curfew of 11PM sicne Ive had my license for over 12 months.
    in a modified car - I have nothing really to say about this but aroudn my car there is SOOO much louder cars, especially at night, the types that make car alarms go off.
    out at midnight - Im allowed to be driving + i was driving home
    have red eyes - I just told him I was swimming, i was still a little wet
    probably are acting like you have better things to be doing - definately not, 3 secs at every stop sign(i count), blinkers ALL the time, accelerate calmly.

My eyes werent red, it was my pupils. I dont know why they do that. He explained to me what they were doing and he said something about them not getting smaller when he shines the light.

Anyways. My exhaust is modified because its a performance car.

And one last question, he searched me when I stepped out of the car. Is he allowed to do that without a warrent? I didnt have anything on me, I just rather not be searched. Im not on probation or anything, my records clean.

Please answer on topic =D

5. jchampl

want to talk about unfair lets talk about the two new picnic tables that have been damaged by skateboarders, that I just bought outside my business. that's unfair.

6. jchampl

yup your pupils should contract, and if they weren't it's most likely a sign of drug use.

so are mine, but that doesn't mean I have to put a fart can on them. bigger exhaust doesn't mean it has more performance, if it did car manufactures would equip it on their vehicles, they would love to make an exhaust for the same price that increases it's performance and sell the car for more money, but the fact is they don't do anything but attract attention, which is fine for us. it makes it easier to spot waldo.

yup he is, because he has no idea if you have a weapon on you when you have stepped outside your car that could be used against the officer. when you are outside the car the officer has to be sure he is completely safe, the same reason you were removed from the car, you are behind the wheel of a 3000 pound weapon.

7. jchampl

and for the love of god, it's WARRANTS, not warrents. this applies to just about everyone in this thread, not just you phil.

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #48 Booch138, Jul 7, 2009
    jchampl: You are a police officer correct? First off let me thank you for your service to your community and the effort you as a person provide to keep our streets safe (No sarcasm intended what-so-ever.) But you have to understand something. You are NOT the only law officer in this country. I live in an area called Coolidge, Arizona. The majority of cops here literally are crooked, as well as a few of them in neighboring towns. It's a really small town. I know you probably hear it all the time, and the whole "Crooked Cop" complaining can get out of hand. However, my wife is a Process Server, so she deals with a TON of cases as you can imagine (with me knowing some of these things, she can get in trouble, so I will not say anything further). And the sh!t she digs up on some of these cops, are flat out outragous. Now I know not all cops are bad at all, and I don't walk around with that mentality. I expect that when I am pulled over, I am pulled over for a reason. But we sometimes we get pulled over for the flat out stupidest sh!t, it's not even funny. I got pulled over once, because I was at a light waiting for it to turn green to go straight, and on the other end, was a cop (though I didn't know this at the time). It was about 7:30 pm or so, and in the winter, so it was a bit dark. He literally flashed his brights on me, so I flashed them back, as a joke or whatever. I don't know why I did it back, but anyways, the light turns green, he flips a bitch, and pulls me over. I ask him kindly what I can do for him, and he started saying that "People around here flash each other to meet up with each others to sell drugs, where are you headed". And I just explaned to him that I was going home... had no intention of doing anything illigal, had no idea that flashing people meant selling drugs, and that I only flashed him because he flashed me. He said that he didn't flash me... but he clearly did. I mean it's not hard to tell, and if he did it on accident, he could have told me... it does happen. He went back to his car, and returned to me about 3 mins later. I got away with a warning about watching my speed... so... which is it? What the hell was that about?

It's all about experience, and though I believe the OP was probably asking for it (considering that he has been pulled over multiple times) but I don't know him. I gave certain advice on here to him explaning what he can do for the most part, not what he should do, and only because I know a bit of the law here (I hear about that kind of crap all the time at home). If you are a good clean member of the law, I commend you in your efforts, but unfortunately you are more and more in the Minority these days.

9. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    ____

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #50 Booch138, Jul 7, 2009
    *Deleted*

11. jchampl

fair enough, there are bad cops.... there is not a single officer that will deny that, but there are a lot of good cops as well. i get to drive an unmarked car, that get's plenty of attention and plenty of people that want to "hot rod" or "toy around" with it. a very common sign that you are looking to showboat around with someone is to flash your lights, i usualy don't instigate the flashing but on occasion I have and more often then not, the car will turn it loose like a bat out of hell, and on come my lights, and I have to hear the similar story that you are telling me right now. However I do believe you, you can tell when a "grown up" tells a story, and doesn't have to have an excuse for every little thing, and when a child has to go and lie and make himself look 100% correct. It's most likely why you were given a warning and not a ticket, although the warning was udder crap, it was nothing more than that.

12. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #52 Booch138, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
    And see if the cop were to tell me that, I would understand lol. I know that like.. people up in the valley will flash each other to try and race each other and stuff like that... but I mean this was in the middle of an intersection in the middle of town... lol not very many people are stupid enough to race in the middle of town, and if they do they deserve whatever happens to them lol. And yeah, that officer lost all credibility with me, when he let me off on a warning for speeding. I mean when he said that I said to myself "Wow….". And there are plenty of great cops, like I said. I acknowledge and completely respect Police Authority, it's only when it is abused is when I will be like any other upset citizen.

I can see that it's a good tactic to instigate the lights, and driving an unmarked car you must have a nice turn-out of assholes that will fly around. I don't nessisarily think that is cool, but I understand it and in many cases I don't care. I drive a crappy 1999 Alternative Fueled Ford Contour, so I am not going to try and race anyone anytime soon, therefor it doesn't affect me in the least. lol You seem like a fair cop, and like I said. Hat's off to you, and keep up the good work. Slam a couple tweakers in the face for me if you get the chance :)
    What I hate, is hearing about these kids that deserve to get locked the f*ck up for over-excessive speeding, underage drinking or the like, but get away with it because their parents have way too much money, or in my hometown's case, parents with too much political influence over the community.

13. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Jchamp- I'd be glad to have a coplike you around:) You do not appear to be offended by our lifestyle..... What's your take on herbal supplements??? You of all people would appreciate the variety offered to those with finer taste. Your love of fine beer compliments it well:)

14. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Agreed, I would like to hear his thoughts as well. Seems like a rad down-to-earth guy, which is rare in police. Usually they get to power hungry, like a counsin of mine. He became a cop, and I have hated him since.

15. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    #55 The Bat Outta Hell, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
    I read something about skateboarders. Whatever you do, DO NOT skateboard in Baltimore.

16. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Hahaha, that ridiculous toy car, the blue and bright yellow uniform, the high pants, and the always badass name, Rivieri. It's like a real-life Punisher. Wonder if he feels the same way about waveboarders?

17. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Bong's are awesome, but gravity bongs are the best :) got one in my basement. But seriously, it is fun and all, it's just I see it affecting my life. It's almost become that my priority is to smoke, and the rest is just whatever.

18. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Well, if the officer demands to search the car and threatens, just let them. You can sort it all out later. I would kindly say no thank, but if he says I need to, then just let them. If you don't, that could lead to some trouble.

19. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    No it can't lead to trouble. They don't "need" to search it for anything. If they needed to, they would, because they could. They are only asking because they can't, and need permission from you without having reasonable cause. Otherwise, you have rights and can say "no".

20. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    That is terrible advice.