Damn Cops

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Phil_Synowiec, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    @booch
    sorry didn't realize you said for medical puposes. I agree with you on that

2. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    There have been studies that indicate that the majority of Americans would not terribly mind the legalization of marijuana, medicinal or recreational.

The problem is that most Americans don't vote, and those that do make up strong lobbies. There's also prison lobbyists, the older voting blocks (which tend to run more conservative), etc.

So I highly doubt he'd legalize because of the very powerful influence those groups have.

And, besides, the legalization of marijuana would take more than a Presidential decree. An act of Congress for one would probably be necessary, and, if not, a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court.

I will disagree, however, over the negativity thrust upon marijuana. Studies indicate it is less addictive than tobacco or alcohol, with less negative side effects than tobacco to boot. And, regardless, it was at one time legal in this nation and only became illegal due to the negative stigma associated with people of color using it.

Oh, and let's not forget our Founding Fathers were obviously toking. Marijuana was a cash crop in the early years of the nation, used not only for recreational and medicinal use but also for actually making things via hemp. If it was good enough for Washington, Jefferson, Franklin and company and didn't seem to effect their ability to establish our founding principles , it's good enough for legalization today.

But, of course...it's very unlikely to happen. Note that Obama himself never stated clearly "I'd legalize it". Read what he stated carefully. He danced around the issue. In '04 he stated he supported decriminalizing it, but not legalizing it. When asked during a presidential debate, he raised his hand with those who raised theirs in opposition to legalizing pot. When asked about the inconsistency, his reps stated that he has always supported "decriminalizing" the use of the substance.

Look at how the statement reads:

"I don't support legalization, but support decriminalizing usage of the substance" (I'm paraphrasing here).

So...he doesn't support making it legal (thus it would remain illegal) but does support not jailing people for using it. Again, he's dancing around the issue with a carefully crafted response. It is his version of "I smoked it, but didn't inhale".

3. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #23 Booch138, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    Like I said, if he was just to leagalize it for everyone to use, that would be stupid. But with a medical license, which he is intending, it should be perfectly fine. And yeah he more of less is for Decriminalizing vs. legalizing it for recreation.

Marajuana is not for everyone. And though it is said to be "Harmless" it does make you stupid over a long period of time. It makes you forgetful, yeah. But Only if you have been doing it for 8 years straight almost everyday for those years(I am speaking of course out of experience). I can say that marajuana effects friends and stuff, but honestly man you are a sophmore in highschool. You probably don't want to hear it, but you are going to see a lot of changes in your friends and life, and it won't be solely because of marajuana. You will probably only talk to about a 10th of the friends you speak to now 2 years after school. Thats just the way it is lol... Thats not pot, thats life. Just saying though... it's different for everyone. If you feel you should quit, you should. It's not as addicting as everyone thinks. It's just when you get dependant on the feeling, is when you are 'addicted'. It isn't bad to stop though. It just became a regular thing in my life too early in my life. So I am little partial to it. It really helped me out through my high-school years, as I was going through a lot with my parents and school. It never affected my school work though.

I will disagree with you over Alchohol vs. Pot. I don't think people should just drink rather than smoke. Smoking is much safer, and alchohol is WAY the f*ck worse than pot. Now THAT I have seen ruin a few of my old friends. Never pot though. Alcohol is actually chemically addicting.

4. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    #24 BATTLE BORN, Jul 7, 2009
    there's a bazillion cops on the road out here going ticket crazy lately. They must be getting orders to bring in money any way they can.

as for pot being legal? it's practically legal now already, at least where I live. Cops will just tell you to do it at home, unless you do something stupid to make them mad. Worst case scenario they can write you a ticket, but if you cooperate they rarely do.

If they make pot legal, the state will lose all the money they make from busting drug dealers, and start giving DUI's to the rest of us to make up for it.
    at least that's what was proposed here. all the kids were stoked at the thought of "legal" pot, but didn't stop to consider the EXTREMELY STRICT DUI laws that would come along with it.

I'll take a cheap misdemeanor ticket over a DUI any day of the week. however I understand cops and state laws are less lenient in other states

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ

Where I live, it's similar. They often won't do much unless you are driving around with more than an Oz (if you are caught with it) or your eyes are redder than the devil's dick. It's the driving thing that people get stupid about. I keep it to myself, and never worry about driving around high or anything. I keep it at my home, and only my home.

6. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #26 le'deuche123, Jul 7, 2009
    Well I have my own battle with it. I LOVE IT!!! But at the same time it's $$$$$. It wasn't that big of a problem till my hours got cut at work (at a stock brokerage:rolleyes:) and now I want more than I can afford:( It's an inherent side effect of my belief structure: "Weed will get through days with no money,.....better than money will get you through days with no weed":)

UPDATE: Yeah I live in florida, where the cops are epically lame. They will and have resorted to very shady means in order to wrangle a bust. Especially when your roomates dating one of the cops ex's:eek: Lots of broken "glass" after that incident:(

7. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I have a similar issue with it. I only need about an Oz for a little less than a week's worth, which is about 60-70~ a week. Which adds up for sure. It kind of reminds me of the app store :)

No truer words have been spoken on this site. :D

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    LoL, I love how this turned into a weed conversation :D I'm pretty much a "daily smoker", have been since I was about 17. I have issues with it as well, although the times that I've quit I've found I'm actually a much better person when I'm doing it. Plus the money thing sucks, when I was jobless a few years ago and living off unemployment, I'd wake up smoking and smoke all day long into the wee hours. I was going thru it super fast, and the cost was killing me. I had to put myself on a strict budget with it, and I still maintain that today. I have a job now, so pretty much I just smoke a couple times a night after work and maybe an entire day on the weekends. But an OZ a month, yikes! Right now, I make a quarter last me just about a month, so not too bad. I spend more on cigarettes LoL. Sure, I'd be a more productive person if I didn't do it, but personally I think the benefits outweigh the negatives, at least for me. As was said, it's different to everyone.
    I totally agree with this, pot's not great but IMO alcohol is way worse. If you look at how many people die in drunk driving accidents, compared to high driving accidents, it wouldn't even be close. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a death that resulted from a stoned driver, if anything I drive SAFER if I've been smoking! I think pot and alcohol are just like anything, you need to use good judgment and moderation.

Just stay away from meth, def stay away from meth.

9. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Yeah an OZ a month is about where I'm at. So that's roughly $400 a month!!! I'm trying to reign that in. Like BOARDDUMB said, I need to save the smoking all day thing for the weekends. I've been trying to do that, the only problem is that with less time at work, I now get longer weekends....you see where I'm going. Just had a 5 day weekend unpaid!!! WHOOHOO!!

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Man I miss the days when an Oz would last me a month ahahahaha By myself it would last me maybe 2 weeks, but between my and my wife, nah it aint happening. lol. And yeah I love how this conversation turned out hahaaha.

I keep it to myself at nights after work, or all day weekend unless I got shit to do that requires me going somewhere. I still get yardwork done/House cleaned/Car taken care of and stuff high ^.^

I don't condone people driving and smoking, but I know at least for me, it is easier to drive stoned than drunk. Way easier. And yeah f*ck meth.

11. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    What's a speed ricer?

12. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    It was a joke. Instead of "Speed Racer" like when people say "Calm Down Speed Racer", but he said "Ricer" like "Rice Burner" car, probably reffering to the Modified Exhuast, which is popular with Imported Japanese tuners, commonly jokingly reffered to as "Rice Burners". lol Pretty clever s0mah

13. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    It's almost 4:21.

14. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    You should have asked for a warrent. They will ask every person this hoping they are intimidated and will let them search the vehicle. And they'll find an open container or small bag of weed (or paraphernalia).
    And, in most states, a cop can't hold you longer than it takes to settle the original reason they pulled you over. So say a cop pulls you over for expired tags and asks to search your car, but you ask to see a warrent, so he says he is going to call in a K-9 unit. He would need the k-9 unit to arrive, extract you from the car and search you, circle the car with the K9 and issue the ticket in a reasonable amount of time compared to pulling you over for your tags and issuing the ticket. Otherwise, any evidence found after this reasonable amount of time can be inadmissable in court..

15. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    It's almost 5pm here!! That means works over, and I can go home and curl up with my favorite joint, and maybe smoke a book.......wait???

16. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #36 Booch138, Jul 7, 2009
    The only time this does not work, is if your car is wreaking of something illigal, or they can visibly see something. Then they have reasonable suspicion. But other than that, yes this is true. Cops are trained, weather we like it or not, to be intimidating. Most people don't know they NEED a search warrant to actually search your car, and they take advantage of that.

17. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I remember the days of joints. All I can say, is once you hit a bong, you never back. lol bubblers are cool too.

18. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Ohhh, believe me, that's the philosophy I live by. I was just messing, I go for glass any chance I get. Personally I love the ROAR bongs. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING competes. A 1 1/2 footer will beat any 6'+ pipe on the market.

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
  20. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah I have quite a few of them. I'll have to take some pics ahhaahah I could make a collage with all the toys I have.