Universal Cytus (by Rayark Inc.) - Musical Rhythm

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by November's Chopin, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Wonderful game, lol Engrish, et cetera, et cetera, but I just wanted to publicly gape at the audacious invasive automations of its social media permissions request, Twitter more so. You want permission to edit my profile? An I reading that right? More laughable than the automated text for Facebook statuses.

So, not touching Twitter in-app aside, so so glad I caught the, what was the follow-up, "Demos" review, here. Let me in on another great rhythm game for my touchy-touch iDevice.

2. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Pulled out.

:(

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I wonder why... I hope that other game (the futuristic dungeon crawlish looking one) is still strong to go.

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Probably a problem with the recent update; hopefully it'll be back soon.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woo! New update!!

6. Cloud storage of sco~res! Demons' Score features this, too, and if it's as reliable here as it is there, that's one less game to worry about *glares at Phoenix Wright Trilogy*

Add in the free-for-all of the 500,000 downloads milestone and new song packs, and this is a right good update (which I hope Touch Arcade features!)

7. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, updated mine today. Still, despite my lull of interest in ios games this remains on my iphone and amongst my favorite games. I'm looking forward to checking out the new content tonight.

Heck, I need to play some more Deemo while I'm at it.

Reading other posts I see some complaints about twitter/facebook stuff. I wouldn't know about such issues myself since I'm not on either service (haven't been for a long time now). But I'd imagine for integration with those services you'd have to turn on some rights for the app to make changes.

8. Aseret

Aseret Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    This game is such a gem in the appstore, and my most fave music game. The utilized the touch interface perfectly and the music is unique. The game's at ~700,000 downloads, still waiting for the counter to reach 1 mil to get the next update. Cytus is a fantastic game, totally worth it :)

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Bored a few nights ago, I decided to checkout the latest update to Cytus. Really I haven't played it much over the last 6 months or so. It was a nice surprise to see it reached the goal of a million downloads back in July. I'm mainly playing Hard mode first for each song to lock in a passing grade then easy mode for a passing grade then moving on to the next song (currently at the start of Chapter 9). I figure that's the least I can do to get passing score in every level. I'll go back and perfect my favorite songs later and figure out how to unlock the hidden songs in the chapters I own. It's amazing just how much content is bundled into the base game now.

10. Ultimatix

Ultimatix Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Germany
    Is this Game really free to play or do you have to pay for Songs or other Content?

Do you need a constant internet Connection to play this Game?

11. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    Crazy fantastic game, typical rayark quality. This is the first rhythm game on mobile where I felt the same mix of brat and challenge as ddr. Love the difficulty though hopefully it didn't turn too many people off.

You buy level packs, someone was asking.