Cyber Knights (Trese Brothers) is looking great!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JasonLL, Feb 3, 2020.

1. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    #1 JasonLL, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020

Trese Brothers just released a kickstarter/preview video of their upcoming game Cyber Knights: Flashpoint and it’s looking great! I was surprised to see the game in full 3D and how good it looks for their first attempt. Definitely my most anticipated mobile game of 2020!

2. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #2 Ringerill, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    I am really hyped by this. It has a feeling of X-COM but with their habitual touch of personalisation. However, I am a little bit lost: all the KS goodies look like they are for the Steam version. No info about the mobile one (appart that they will work on it after the Steam release). As I don't play on computer anymore, I am not sure how interesting it is for me to invest in KS (appart from the support for the devs), if I will have to buy the game on mobile afterwards.

EDIT: never mind, I just didn't look at the FAQ carefully enough. It is stated that only the Steam version will be given via a key and not the mobile one (I guess one will have to buy it again on top of the KS pledge). However, the exclusive KS digital rewards will be available on mobile via special keys sent by email.

3. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Wow!! This looks amazing.

And knowing the work of the Trese Brothers, it’s sure to be a very deep and tactical game with a fascinating level of attention to even the smallest details.

Consider me hyped. Can’t wait to know more about it. :)

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    They have already greatly surpassed their original target, which is no wonder as the brothers know their stuff.
    While not joining the kickstarter myself (I am also an ex pc gamer these days) I will certainly buy the mobile version when it gets released.
    They deserve support from mobile gamers.
    I have most of their games installed on my iPad and they are one of the few devs that actively support their mobile versions of their games by updating them along with the pc versions.

Many developers fail in this area and leave the mobile versions as second rate alternatives.

Ringerill likes this.
  5. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    I will also follow the same path as you @stubbieoz .
    They wrote that the game on iOS should be around 7$. The reason why they can't give keys for the iOS version is because of Apple's "strict rules now preventing giving out promo keys to their store in return for money elsewhere -- i.e. Kickstarter".
    So it's not their fault or their lack of will. I will be patiently waiting for the release on iOS until then :)

I have to admit that they impress me a lot when even several years later I see some updates, fixes and balances made to their previous games. And when it happens, the list of changes is pretty big!

stubbieoz likes this.
  6. duxter90

duxter90 Active Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Woww! Looks really interesting! Nice work guys.