Cutlass Cove contest - win a new iPad and other prizes!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by CheekyMammoth, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Score: 2,985,180
    Reviewed in German Appstore As Daver16TA

A Swashbuckling Good Time!!

In Cutlass Cove you're a pirate doing what pirates do best plundering merchants, getting rid of rival pirates, and sinking Navy ships that try to stop you! You get some Voodoo spells you can use like, summon Davy John's Hand to sink ships, create twisters to destroy ships, or create a whirlpool to suck up all the other ships you get these spells and more to help you get the highest score you can!
    The graphics for Cutlass Cove are very polished and look great with the animations for all the spells. The music is great and very fitting along with all the sound effects are top notch. The controls are great, easy to learn and very responsive though I do at times get the guns mixed up for which side is which but that is something you quickly get used to. There are tons of achievements to get along with openfeint and GameCenter support to keep you striving for the highest score. You also have ranks which require three different objectives to rank up and give a higher multiplier for even higher scores!
    The objectives can be very challenging at times but are rewarding once you get past them and keep you coming back for more.
    Overall this is a great game that's easy to pick up and learn but has enough challenges and fun things to do that you will keep coming back for more. At this price everyone should pick this game up because it's an absolute steal!

2. CheekyMammoth

CheekyMammoth Well-Known Member

#42 CheekyMammoth, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    Thanks, Dave! You covered pretty much everything in there. We really appreciate your time and comments.

@DRose1 I'm glad you're enjoying the contest! I'm enjoying watching you guys progress. And 2.1 million is a nice way to open your account :)

3. DRose1

DRose1 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Yes!!! Finally got a high score of 2,634,400! Will leave a review within a few days.

Attached Files:

4. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I'm still waiting for iAnimeX's score... but well done Daver16, that's a crazy score..

5. CheekyMammoth

#45 CheekyMammoth, Apr 16, 2012
    Here's the current prize draw qualifications:

1st Prize: Daver16,DRose1 (congrats!)

2nd Prize: armoko,popblanks

3rd Prize: sleb,Zylch,Rokrdude,burn

And the current 'Rogues of the Sea' high score list:

1. Daver16: 2,985,180
    2. DRose1: 2,634,400
    3. popblanks: 2,451,285
    4. armoko: 2,443,900
    5. Rokrdude: 912,000

Don't forget that those who've qualified for a particular prize draw have also qualified for all lesser prize draws. However, I've only added their highest qualification in the tally for convenience.

6. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    #46 Rokrdude, Apr 16, 2012
    Yippee just scored 1607860 points.

Am I the only one who really want that ship?:p
    Game side effects may be:D

7. burn

burn Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sys Admin
    No, you're not!! :D

8. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    I'VE DONE IT YIPEE!!!!
    Score: 2,560,440
    Reviewed in US Appstore by Popblanks:
    Thanks for this contest Cheeky Mammoth
    I hope I win something.
    (I won't spam anymore)

9. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    Finally made it !
    My new highscore : 3,068,300

P.S. I'll try to improve it because I think it's not my best result :)

10. Zylch

Zylch Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    FINALLY. After hours ;___;

crossing my fingers and hoping for the best

thanks for the tips guys :)

11. CheekyMammoth

@popblanks, armoko, Zylch: Grats to you guys!

@Rokrdude, burn: It's taking every ounce of self-restraint I have to not open the enormous box and build it ;-)

12. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    How do you do that Survive until Sunrise on Day 2 without incuring any red cross? Thanks.

13. CheekyMammoth

#53 CheekyMammoth, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    What usually gets you there is a rival pirate ship. If you can manage the merchant ships ok, then that's a good start. You have to make the rival pirates top priority at the expense of pretty much all else. You've got a few panic buttons at your disposal if a rival pirate looks like it's about to shoot - these are voodoo spells that will buy you time almost instantly:

1. Ghost Ship: You can't get a red cross while aboard this.

2. Whirlpool: This tends to pick most ships up in one go, preventing the rival pirate from sinking a merchant ship.

3. Hand of Davy: Davy tends to go for rival pirates and navy ships before merchant ships, so he can solve a rival pirate problem fast.

Other tips:

i. Don't waste spells and munitions when you've got things under control.

ii. Don't wait until it's too late to place munitions. They have some setup time, so use them preemptively.

iii. Navy Colors will free your movement up because you won't be getting shot at by the town or navy ships or merchant ships. It's hard to react quickly to rival pirates when you're slowed.

iv. A Trawling Net, Brandy Slick or Powder Keg cluster in front of the town can give you a nice reprieve from navy ships.

v. Try to keep a good position near the center of the screen so that no matter where the rival pirate enters from, you have a medium length shot with minimal flight time.

vi. A Venom Shot pickup can really help for this one.

vii. Take advantage of the calmer moments that spells like Hand of Davy and Tornado Storm afford you so you can set up munitions safely.

And any other advice folks might have.

14. DRose1

DRose1 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Try to start your bonus streak (after hitting consecutive ships w/o missing) before using the voodoo spells or the venom shot. I found this strategy really helpful to rack up lots of points, especially for the Whirpool, Hand of Davy, and Tornados.

15. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    This contest looks wicked! I just got the game today, and am currently going for a high score. I hope I can get 2'500'000 *fingers crossed* :)

16. grandfizzo3

grandfizzo3 Member

Apr 17, 2012
    #56 grandfizzo3, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    My score is so far 899,030- lite version
    This contest is amazing... at least the game is fun too.

17. CheekyMammoth

Welcome aboard and good luck, KevinS and grandfizzo3!

And it looks like armoko has shown Critical Dean who's boss on OpenFeint :D

18. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #58 iANiMeX, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Score: 3,350,050
    [​IMG]

Left a review as iPawn4 in the US Appstore.

NOTE: I guess I am on top of the food chain. Lol

19. CheekyMammoth

@iANiMeX It's like something clicked in your head and now you're unstoppable lol. Thanks for the review! I have updated all of your details and I will post a tally a little later on.

20. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #60 iANiMeX, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Lol. I noticed that armoko is leading on OpenFeint. I will not stop until I am the King. Lol