Cutlass Cove contest - win a new iPad and other prizes!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by CheekyMammoth, Apr 13, 2012.

1. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    @EchoSeven, just keep on building your multiplier by completing the three challenges... then you'll get your first million...

2. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Same it's hard to get a good score

3. chapel07

chapel07 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    armoko is a deep sea monster scourging the the sea for merchant ship, pirate ship and navy alike..he disguises as a lone red ship so that victims won't be scared of him.LOL..

@cheeky mami that would be a great idea! or better yet, ranks 36-40 would be named after the "rouges of the sea" lister :D

4. CheekyMammoth

CheekyMammoth Well-Known Member

That's not too bad for a first go. I think you'll improve many times over after a few more turns. And of course increasing your score multiplier will help a lot.

You folks joining late should make the last 24 hours very interesting :)

5. CheekyMammoth

I like that idea! I'll run it past people here and see what they say.

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #186 Echoseven, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    Multiplier: 13.
    Score: 959,000.
    Feet: cold.

Getting there. :D

Edit: New score - 1,388,450

7. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I got 530,000 but no iPad yet :( lol.

I got times 11 multiplayer do I get to keep it for the next try, or is it the multiplayer for that round?

8. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    you get to keep it :)

9. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Nice, I can't get past 948,000 :(

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    "Become a pirate" they said.
    "See the world and get rich" they said.
    They ne'er said nothin' 'bout the gosh-darned ricochet 'estrictions.

Who the heck imposes these anyway? The pirate guild?

11. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    LOL :D That's funny!

12. CheekyMammoth

#192 CheekyMammoth, Apr 30, 2012
    lol. I'll give you a tip for that one. Shoot 10 ships (try not to miss) and then use all of your spells one after another (waiting for the screen to fill up with ships before using a new spell or munition). Don't overlap spells because that can be wasteful. Instead, use one and wait until it's finished, then use another. Make sure you have the accuracy bonus before using your spells (three cannonballs on deck and yellow numbers), because this will give you double score throughout your spell spam.

Once that's done, you will be either at 500,000 or very close to it. You can do this objective without any spells, but it's much easier just to use them.

Edit:

And don't shoot ships near the edge of the screen ;) And save Ghost Ship for when your red crosses are getting too high.

13. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    I got a score of 2,499,500 something and it didn't show on gamecenter. If I show you the picture would I be entered for the iPad? I got college in a few hrs and I need sleep for my finals. Been playing this game for like 2 in a half hours straight lol.

14. CheekyMammoth

Unfortunately I won't be able to award any prizes to contestants who can't friend me in Game Center or OpenFeint to confirm their score. I know it might be frustrating if you experienced a technical issue, but it wouldn't be fair to the other contestants if exceptions are made.

If you were offline, then the game will try to submit your score again later on. If you are running iOS 5, then Game Center will take care of your offline scores automatically. OpenFeint also submits offline scores when you're next online. You can take the game out of memory, move near your Wi-Fi and restart the game to immediately force a re-submission of offline scores.

However, I'm not suggesting that the offline score submission is flawless, and I acknowledge that there can be times when offline score submissions fail for some reason. In these cases, I can only apologize and wish you luck in repeating your score.

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #195 Echoseven, Apr 30, 2012
    New score - 1,774,880!

Playing in between doing my assignment (due tomorrow). Still great fun though!

Edit: 1,881,440

16. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
  17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Guess what I've got!?

2,667,315!

Also wrote a review on the US App Store. Once the review shows up and I find out who my US account is registered under, I'll post the name here too.

18. CheekyMammoth

@taz_69 hi taz and welcome to the party :)

@Echoseven Very nicely done! And all while doing an assignment. If your marks aren't quite as good as usual, I'm sure your lecturer will understand that looting the Spanish Main takes precedence over study ;)

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    If only my assignment was for a Spanish class - I could write it off as study. :)

How is the actual draw going to take place? Are you going to have a computer choose, or draw names from a hat or something similar?

20. CheekyMammoth

#200 CheekyMammoth, Apr 30, 2012
    I will draw names from a hat and place the video on YouTube (one seamless take). It will probably be a long video as I will show each name going into the hat (twice for those who have rated and reviewed the game). If winners cannot verify their score with me, then I will draw again for the prize/s (with another video).