Universal Cut the Rope: Magic (by ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Dec 16, 2015.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Does anyone still have CtR 2 installed? I also remember it being quite a few hundred megabytes installed, but Magic has renewed my faith in the series and I can't help but want more.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I like this one even more than Cut the Rope 2.

The second boss battle is very clever.

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Couldn't say no to Om Nom. Not sure why, but (like others), I couldn't quite get into CtR2, though I loved all the other ones. I feel like this one is back on track. Looks fantastic!

I was giggling last night while playing, and my wife was all, "Seriously? You are such a child." It's part of why she loves me. :)

4. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I just hope it doesn't bombard me with their other games & power-ups. They are fun games though.

If you play part 2 now it will drive you crazy after a level.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'd like to know this as well. They could've shrunken it by now I wonder? I do remember deleting it precisely because it was rather big (not super massive but I just had other games I'd rather install with that size). This one feels like a pretty giant game in a small file size so I'm happy about that.

I love these mechanics more than CTR2 for some reason and this is definitely a winner in my book (and for a buck!). I hope this sells really well as it's a great premium game and Zepto has been experimenting with free online games (which I'm hoping CTR doesn't turn into). CTR Magic should hopefully get a nice review at TA :)

6. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    A year later and they haven't updated CTR2 but instead they make another game. Why should I buy this?

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Can't say enough how much fun this game is, I just put it on number one in my Game of the Year list.

For me this is the most fun Cut the Rope game evah Ha ha.

8. mozahelon

mozahelon Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Freelance Translator
    Indonesia
    Is there any other use for magic crystal?
    I know it can be used to unlock new "world" without completing the previous ones but other than that, what's the point? But is there any other function?
    I just don't get it.

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The IAP are pretty useless if you know how to play the game that is, some people will need help to solve a level, but other than that you don't need to buy anything, so it's a great premium game for 0,99 Euro cents.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    It's 99 cents! Also, it's a real return to form for the series. It has a more relaxed feel than Cut the Rope 2 and far less of the extra monetization. There are hints available and gems but, as Roger says, they're completely unnecessary.

There's more of a focus on gentle puzzle-solving, rather than the cruel timing and precision required for some of the additional challenges in CtR2. That means it might not have quite as much replay value at that game or take as long to complete, but it means that you enjoy the time you spend with it more.

11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    This game is why I still play videogames, it's getting better and better.

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I love that they got rid of the level clear time. I feel like I can actually think instead of the pressure to do the puzzle as fast as I possibly can. I know some will miss them but I love the game so much more without them.

13. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Finished the game, just 3 levels to go back to where I didn't earn all stars. Only criticism is that the description claims "more than 100" levels, when there are actually 98.

14. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Maybe it is a promise and not a current fact :p

Attached Files:

15. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    15: Sky Castle
    17: Mushroom Land
    22: Magic Forest
    22: Mystery Cave
    22: Ancient Library
    --- +
    98 total levels (max 294 stars)

Production and cuteness levels are through the roof as expected.
    No leaderboard, not even for progression or stars.
    I'd say that the game is not for hard-core puzzlers because the puzzles are on the easy side, and get more interesting only in the second half of the game. But I had fun with it and liked the mechanics and variation. Maybe Zeptolab can release a "pro" pack via IAP with more challenging levels and a leaderboard?

Attached Files:

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    This game is aimed for all ages from 4 to 44 that's me Ha ha and beyond, I wanted to do 1 or 2 levels a day so it would last me longer but I can't stop playing, it's too fun, I am on world 4 allready.

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Finished the game, it was a fun ride, best Icon and best game of this year.

I am a Zeptolab fan so it was obvious.

18. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I am enjoying this much more then the earlier incarnations of CTR. Brilliant, fun puzzles and great production values.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I hope they put out some more levels soon! It feels more relaxing to think and solve without thinking of the timer running in the background to score me like the previous games.

The high ratings on the appstore are well deserved!