iPad Cut the Rope (by Zeptolab)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 5, 2010.

1. cozval

cozval Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Italy
    New levels are more difficult but very enojing! Good job developer!

2. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    I have a lot of achievements that dont show up on game center :(
    Please fix dev.

3. fvoin

fvoin New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    ZeptoLab
    #323 fvoin, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
    Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for your interest in Cut the Rope and all the feedback!
    Concerning the GameCenter sync issue, can you please check the new button in the Crystal UI which will force the synchronization of leaderboards and achievements.
    It can be found in Crystal -> My Profile (button in the bottom left corner) -> Account Settings -> Sync GameCenter Data.
    Please let us know if this helps!

Thanks,
    Efim Voinov
    ZeptoLab

4. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    It works!!:eek:
    My 150 stars achievement from Crystal sync to Game Center now!:D
    Thanks!;)

The steps should be more clear:
    Crystal -> My Profile (button in the bottom left corner) -> Scroll down -> Account Settings -> Sync GameCenter Data.

Is that all Crystal account data can sync to Game Center in other game that support both Crystal and Game Center?:p

5. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Hi!
    Just stopped by to say a...BIG THANK YOU!!!
    The update was really awesome, glad you tweaked the difficulty level up a bit.

6. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Never used Crystal, never used Game Center before either, but I expect to see my achievements unlock as soon as I open the game, as long as I fulfill the conditions for the achievements (I have 300 stars, completed all boxes before the update etc.)
    Thanks !

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    They blundered. I'll eventually solve the new levels, but they are way too hard for my wife and kids. They forgot why they were successful -- because they made a puzzle game that *everyone* likes. Yes, many on TA thought it was too easy...I didnt, actually, I thought it was a great mix. I got 99/100 puzzles eventually, but I struggled with some a bit. So the new difficulty may be ok for me...it sure isnt for true casuals like my wife and kids.

8. cherdman

cherdman Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Retina? Bought.

9. NonSoft

NonSoft Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2010
    I cant help but disagree with this. Angry Birds is obviously hugely successful with casual players and is much more difficult. Cut the rope was fun, but was incredibly easy to finish 100%. If angry birds is any indication,this update will be welcomed by casuals and more serious gamers alike.

10. kralle777

kralle777 Active Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Germany
    Thank you very much!! I got my missing achievement! :D

11. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    wow the new levels are alot harder than before.

12. Topsy

Topsy Member

Nov 26, 2010
    #332 Topsy, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
    Awesome game and update!

Is there an achievement bug with "Ultimate Rope Cutter", "Bubble Master", "Spider Tamer", & "Calorie Minimizer" where if you have gotten the totals necessary for them, before the 1.1 update (these achievements were added in 1.1) you can't get the achievements? I can't seem to get these 4, yet... I'm sure I've met the requirements! Only 4 I'm missing too!

Anyhow, thanks again! Love the game!

Tried the sync button too on crystal... Those 4 achievements I just can't get on gamecenter or crystal. iphone 4 w/ iOS 4.2.1 btw.

13. Dense

Dense Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Finished the Cosmic levels with all gold stars. Some very tricky ones and some that really required luck (level 24 I am looking at you).

I think there are some bugs regarding some of the new achievements. Hopefully they get sorted out.

14. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I need a walkthorugh lol, These are way harder than the firsts.

15. The Confessor

The Confessor Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I actually didn't find #24 all that difficult to master. Reversing gravity almost as soon as the candy is tethered to the spider-rope suffices to collect the moving star. For the other two, reverse gravity again and wait until the rope swings to the right and the candy loses almost all rightward momentum before cutting the rope and simultaneously reversing gravity again.

I can usually get three stars at least one out of every ten or so tries, which for such a quick level isn't that demanding. I found 19, with its four separate interfaces, which must be navigated with a strict time limit, far more difficult.

16. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Yep, can't get Spider Tamer (the only achievement remaining). I even went and specifically cut down 200 spiders just to be sure. Your theory about having met the achievement requirement before the update could well be the cause.

17. Topsy

Topsy Member

Nov 26, 2010
    #337 Topsy, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    Thanks for the post! Pretty sure this is the case. I got "Ultimate Rope Cutter" (2000 ropes cut) on my wife's ip4 (she rarely plays CTR), but couldn't on mine. I think people who have passed the triggers needed for these new 1.1 achievements, before they updated to 1.1, can't get them. I dropped candy 200+ times in a row on a level to test, like you, and still didn't receive the "Calorie Minimizer" achievement on my ip4 (tried the 200 spiders and 300 bubbles too). I Just can't get those 4 last achievements that I mentioned in original post - no way am I gonna delete/reinstall/redo 125 levels to get them! I hope a patch fixes this!

On the plus side - got ranked #117 today (141,100 score) for the cardboard box! However, I wish all those bogus scores on the leaderboards would be erased!

18. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I'm missing the 200 spiders and 300 bubbles achievement. I popped 300 bubbles two ways thinking that maybe it wasn't working unless a retry happens when the candy falls or breaks. Nothing yet. I have been able to get the Calorie Minimizer (lose 200 candy) achievement AFTER the 1.1 update and it took about 50 more drops before I earned that achievement. I just think there are achievement bugs. This isn't the only game. Apple didn't do too good a job instructing devs on how to make these achievements activate and sync properly as I have several games that achievements don't activate and sync properly on.

19. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

What's New in Version 1.1.1
    - Some optimisations for iPhone

20. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Seriously, can the devs get their act together and put out a fix for these damned achievements? :confused:

I've had ones that won't unlock since before the new box of levels came out. It very much bothers me to see games in my game center list sitting there with incomplete achievement stats, not being able to do anything.