Universal Cut the Rope 2 - (by ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Maybe you have to be connected to the internet? I get it everyday.

2. wdreamsmaycome

Dec 20, 2013
    I am connected to the internet, not sure why you (and others) do and I don't, no clue.

3. I don't recall getting it everyday either. Though I play offline almost all the time.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    My bad. It's World 3 - Level 13 that I got that clover without a powerup. I think... If Blue is only introduced in World 3, then that's the world I got the clover in without a powerup.

Aaaaand I just got the clover in World 3 - Level 17 without a powerup, too! Another million-try run, but I got it.
    I tapped the Blues three times, then quickly tapped Roto to drop their weight. This was enough to hop Om Nom to the clover, but I had to cut his right rope at the exact right moment so that the candy fall off the Blues and into his box.

So far, that's two levels... I'm thinking it might be more possible to get clovers without powerups than we initially thought!

5. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Can someone verify if this behavior is true?

As a test, I took my iPad entirely offline (I temporarily removed all network connections) while I continued to play the game. After a day, the game no longer gave me free power-ups (including balloons which are required to get the clovers).

I am wondering if the game requires internet connection to call home in order to receive the daily free power-up.

If this is the case, then this is a very sneaky way to track users' usage data of the game.

6. Ramaz1234

Ramaz1234 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Finally got my free power up thingy, the balloons. So I was finally able to reach and obtain the 3rd and final clover. So now I can finish the 5 bonus levels in the forest and move on :).

7. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    There we much better. Also what do those little medallions represent?

Attached Files:

8. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    The medaillons are the extra challenges. When you finish a level you can click on the medallion at the bottom to see what the extra challenge is. Eg finish the level with x points or finish the level with zero stars.

9. Ramaz1234

Sep 14, 2013
    Thank you

10. RemiG

RemiG New Member

I like this game much more than angry birds.

11. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    After playing the extra clover levels, I am very DISAPPOINTED by the developer's decision to FORCE the USE of consumable balloons to get these clovers to complete the levels.

With very few exceptions, the levels are ENTIRELY designed to force the use of this consumable. Even with the so-called daily freebie, and even when you know what the solution is, the inherent precision trial-and-error nature of the game means that you will very likely to repeat the level to perfect it to get the clover. Yet, REPEATING the level (even within the same game session) consumes a balloon on each try. Once all of the balloons are consumed, you are basically stuck until you get your daily freebie or else just move onto another level.

It is fine to have IAPs for cosmetic add-ons or for hints. But it is NOT FINE to have IAPs for items that are MANDATORY to finish some challenges that are part of the game proper (I refuse to accept the explanation that these are not part of the game proper; they may be so-called extra challenges, but they are part of the game proper).

:mad::mad::mad:

12. wdreamsmaycome

Dec 20, 2013
    as I was saying my ipad is always online, and I've had the game since day 1 (wednesday) but I got only one free power-up screen (on friday) and that's it, so it's definitely not a daily thing (at least for me) which is really disappointing given that IAP balloons are mandatory to get a large portion of the clovers.

13. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    If this is the case, how is it possible to COMPLETE the game with the clovers WITHOUT PURCHASING IAP? This makes IAP mandatory, doesn't it?

14. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yes, money rules the world or you accept it or you go live on an island, there is else nothing you can do.

15. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    May be. May be not. It depends on the principle by which the game's designers choose to obey. The designers should rightly be compensated financially for their work, but they also have the responsibility to rightly choose the way by which these compensations are being made. Making a game in which completion is not possible unless IAPs are used, without being upfront about it (and I verified this from the game's app description) is not the right way to get compensation for their work.

16. Yeah, this one aspect is kinda uncool for sure.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I got it on release day and I've never had a free power up? But I completely agree I don't mind IAP until I need it to pass part of the game. Still I'll never buy the IAP here and I'm sure we will see free updates so I'm still happy.

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Well... I now reached the point where, even after playing the game perfectly (wasting no power-up), I have used up all stock power-ups to get the clovers (all 5 first clovers) and have no more power-ups required to continue on with the game to get to the clover levels, as the there are not enough clovers yet to open the locked levels (in the second world). The only possible way to move forward is to skip levels.

19. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    The strategy I had was to move on to the next world and not focus on the clover levels. I will do the clover levels when I beat the game, probably.

Another strategy I have: have fun and stop complaining. Jesus.

20. Yeah, pretty much confirmed that daily rewards are related to being online, which is too bad.

But great game, having fun with it, just turning wifi on for the game to get the rewards cause maybe I will need them later to get the clovers and extra levels.