Universal Cut the Rope 2 - (by ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Liking all the special effects in this game. Really an improvement over the older ones.

2. MrJayden

MrJayden Active Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Singapore
    Any tips on how to get the medal for 1-11? Always fall short on 5600 points for it no matter how much I try.

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Oh Roger. :rolleyes:

I love you and I'm glad you're enjoying the game but Zepto Lab aren't even the Nintendo of iOS. That title belongs to Touch Foo alone. :cool:

4. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    So what am I doing wrong? I did not get any free powerups this morning? Do we need to do something specific to get free ones each day?

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Who the heck is Touch Foo, I said don't take it too seriously. I was a big fan of NINTENDO but the latest MARIO games where too similar for my taste.

6. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Touch Foo made the iOS classics 'Soosiz' and 'Swordigo'. Get both if you don't have either. I know Soosiz has been kind of forgotten now but it is my favorite iOS game of all time...

7. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Touch Foo are the Nintendo of iOS, keep up Roger. As for not taking it seriously I think you need to take your own advice there Roger old boy. :)

On topic

I played and enjoyed the first Cut the Rope, albeit I got quite bored with it towards the end. Experiments didn't last long on my device and I didn't even bother with Time Travel. The positive reviews have me interested in this, although again I doubt whether it'll be able to hold my attention for very long.

8. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    3-15

Got Clover without powerups.

9. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    And 3-17

10. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    This is the screen you will see when the game sees that you're playing on a new day:

[​IMG]

I mean, aside from the Grumpy Cat, of course! :p

It pops that screen up and you are supposed to tap one of 4 butterflies. Whichever butterfly you tap, reveals which powerup you receive for that day.

The game is very fair about IAPs. I still can't believe some people are getting so ridiculous about them.

11. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN

12. Yes, this game is a good game, and that is the important thing.

13. wdreamsmaycome

Dec 20, 2013
    I am wondering about this too, insta-bought the game, no free powerups yesterday OR today (this is on ios6 on an ipad2)

14. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well I played both SOOZIS and SWORDIGO, SOOZIS I liked very much never finished it though too hard for me sorry, SWORDIGO was a ZELDA wannabe in my eyes, again sorry for that. Wish you fun and gamy holidays this Christmas Andy.

15. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I am annoyed but not surprised.

I understand the motivation to use encrypted saves to prevent cheating. But this is greatly annoying as it also means that you cannot do LOCAL IMPORTS of the game and must rely on CLOUD IMPORTS to save across devices to rehash the saves.

The stuttering on iPad 3 is nearly unbearable. There may be a point in the game when I may abandon playing this game because the stuttering utterly breaks the precision timing needed to beat the level (which I had already experienced a few times but was able to get over those levels by repeating the levels many times).

16. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #116 Andy C83, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    No need to be sorry, an iOS Zelda clone done properly (Swordigo, Oceanhorn) makes for some of the best games on the App Store. :)

17. cstaufer

cstaufer New Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Same question here.

18. wdreamsmaycome

Dec 20, 2013
    I had to try that quite a few times, but basically when I got it I think the helicopter was at the rightmost to get the fastest speed of the candy in the two rotations, I had several just under 5600 and finally got it after a while.

Is there a list anywhere of which levels clovers are in and which ones are doable without powerups?

19. They are not clones, and can't we talk about cut the rope 2 in here?

20. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    You seem to think being called a clone is a bad thing - it isn't. In fact Oceanhorn was called "a blatant rip-off" in Touch Arcade's 5 star review.

Anyway Connector, keep your knickers on. Most people in here have shared some decent impressions but the best you can manage is "game is fun". Got anything else to say about the game?