Universal Cut the Rope 2 - (by ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    I'm two-sided with this. Of course I love the game since it's Cut the Rope (my first iOS game, so I have fond memories of it), but I hate the IAP. I know it's overreacting since its only a 99 cent game, but the turn to IAP sickens me and I can sympathize with TheFrost wanting to get a refund.

There's literally a cart icon in every menu, even when you're playing the game and you expand the powerup bar. When you pause the game, the first thing that comes out is BUY SOLUTIONS TO GET 3 STARS. Ugh. I also hate how some early levels "teach" you to use powerups... and I especially hate that powerups are necessary to UNLOCK levels.

Now, if it is true that we'll get powerups for free, then I suppose I can't complain. However, I'll hate it up until I unlock the levels so I will never have to use a powerup again.

Furthermore, the fact that there's a $50 IAP is evidence enough for Zepto's greed. After beating most of the levels in this game (not all the unlockable ones since I ran out of balloons), I still think that the Time Travel one is my favorite. That one has no need for IAP, and all the snowflakes (which are like the four-leave clovers here) don't require powerups.

2. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    not even mean. I liked.

I was not complaining. None of the stars in Time Travel required consumable purchases. All skill.

Here, in 2, if they pull the same requirement down the road, must have all stars to unlock a chapter update. It costs extra for consumables to get clovers to unlock those stars. Grrr

3. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Agreed. Time Travel rocked. I still have 8 flakes to chase down. But the game is done, so wont be playing with hatted om nom anyway,

Zepto definitely changed their vibe here. Stepped up the IAP pushing. The community asks for it though. WalMart syndrome. Everyone hates them, but they love the prices and keep going.

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between MANY and ALL.

Are you certain that you manage to get a clover from a level WITHOUT using the Power-Up (like the Balloon)? In the levels I played so far, it is very obvious from the location of the clover that it is out of reach by normal means.

5. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

I'm on the third set of levels and none of them are obtainable without power-ups.

And for those saying about the winter set, everyone seems to get it in the second set of levels, probably as a mean to promote the IAP.

6. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    So I guess we'll just ignore the reply I posted to you earlier, right?

7. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    I went back and checked. Found a youtube of the forrest clovers, No way I got one without power ups.

Imp think safe to say ALL clovers require powerups.

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    On a related topic, has anyone noticed that the price of all other Cut The Rope iPhone games has gone up in the last few days? The original now seems to be $3. Anyone know if this is a permanent increase, or if it's just intended to milk the Christmas crowd?

9. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    2-16

I don't even see how a balloon can get me back from collecting clover. These are tough.

10. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Dunno, but yea they tripled it for xmas, bizarre.

11. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Sorry, MasterChief. Missed your reply because the thread is growing so quickly that your reply got archived back to the previous page when I replied.

12. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Has anyone have any problem unlocking the videos at the end of each level? I finished World 1, with all 3-stars including all unlocked clover levels. But the video button at the end of the world is still locked.

13. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    It's okay. I know you didn't mean to crush my entire world into a disgusting quiche. :(

The video in world 2 is upcoming. It should have a little bubble that points to it and says "5 days!" Or something.

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Just from the post count, I am a newbie compared to you. So no crushing is possible. ;)

For the video, even the video at the end of World 1 cannot be unlocked. It is "greyed out". Did I miss something to complete the world?

15. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Tchhhh... I don't have that many posts. :)

That's what I'm saying: that video is not going to be available for another 5 days. These aren't videos that are on the actual app. They are videos on YouTube that the app pulls from said YouTube. So we have the Forest video, but next week we'll have the Sandy Dam video, and likely each week thereafter will introduce us to the respective next video.

16. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Oh. You mean the video at the END of World 1 is actually the video for World 2 so it is not yet available?

Strange to launch a game when the assets are not even complete. Don't recall this with the previous Cut the Rope games.

17. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    No, I mean the video at the END of World 2 (and likely the other worlds' respective end videos), like you're talking about, is going to be on YouTube next week.

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    In this case, I don't understand why my video at the end of World 1 is not accessible. The video icon on the world map for World 1 is "greyed out". Any idea?

19. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    I misread your post, I'm sorry. My World 1 video is not greyed-out at all, but World 2's video is.

That is the video from World 1

20. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    #100 ineptidude, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    If anyone's wondering, I looked at the save files. They seem to be locked to one's device and the balloon amounts are hash encrypted. However someone forgot to prevent the ability to reset the balloon tutorial on 1-14 that gives out 3 of them each time it's activated ^_^

Having the extra levels and completed gave me extra score so this is why I'm #1 or 2 on the leaderboards, not that that was my intention at all.

Attached Files: