Universal Cut the Rope 2 - (by ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Unfortunately it looks like the install size is still 400 MB... it's 455 MB now :(

I'm really happy about this update. I was close to buying the clover levels individually, since it would be much cheaper and way less frustrating than getting all the clovers on my own.

After I wasted 7 balloon buttons on one level, that was it. I was like, "Screw this, screw my pride, I'm just buying the levels."

I delayed, but now I'm happy I did... this is much more fair option <3

2. I dunno, it seems to have a mind of it's own. Tried keeping it always open, still don't get it everyday. Maybe you have to always be online all the time too. Hope they fix this, so you can get it offline.

3. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #243 y2kmp3, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    I feel vindicated now in my earlier opinion of this game on the use of clovers and forced IAP. I applaud the developer for reversing its earlier decision to do so and opening up the game by hearing the community's response to it. Sadly, the update did nothing to fix the severe graphics stuttering that are both frequent and random.

4. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Unfortunately I had to delete this game. Not because it was a bad game but because I'm running out of room and unless this is a giant 3d RPG I play often and not a casual game then I'm not sure if I want to keep it on there (now for 455 MB). I'm sure they can shrink it to the size similar to the other CTR releases but they're too stingy to bother with size since it's probably not their problem. But I'll put it back for sure if it goes under 200MB!

5. Did the update fix the daily bonus thing?

6. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Not in my case. No change in the daily bonus. But it is possible that the time is so short to tell.

Anyhow, with the 1.0.1 update, I finally and truly finished the entire game with all levels solved and all levels golded. With this new update, I wonder now what is the incentive for the clovers, since the entire bonus system has now been basically sub-served.

7. tiredcat

tiredcat Active Member

May 30, 2011
    I am another that receives no daily gifts. I even just had a notification and when I open it on my iPad, there is nothing. Now my son plays on his iPod, and he receives daily gifts.

Any possibility daily gifts are tied to an account as opposed to a single device?? Whatever the case is, I am connected to the internet, and I receive nothing.

8. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just took 2 stars of my score for this game because they don't remove the hackers and that's annoying me, it just takes the fun out of the leaderboard so 2 stars off, when the hackers are removed I will go up to 5 stars again. See this as positive blackmail.

9. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I wonder if there's a device-based bug for the daily gifts. I'm playing on an iPad 3rd gen device, and I've never received a daily gift either. I'm glad Zeptolab removed the iap requirement for the bonus levels (and it WAS an iap requirement if you never receive daily gifts!). That's the reason I finally decided to purchase the game. Disappointed that iap-based bonus items are still required for the clovers, since the the daily delivery appears to be broken for many users.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I found that I often got my daily gift after playing a level then returning to the main menu. Not sure if that works for anyone else.

11. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #251 dclose, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Nope, doesn't work for me. Thanks for suggesting it though.

Edit: I'm also finding the available powerups are far too easy to accidentally tap, at the bottom of the screen. If you need to solve any part of the puzzle in that area, you are far more likely to accidentally trigger a powerup than you are to achieve what you were aiming for. That might not be so bad if you could cancel a powerup, but you can't. Even if you don't use it, you lose it permanently. I'm taking a star off my rating for that.

12. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Still pushing for IAP?

13. It seems like you just have to be online to get the daily rewards. Before it seemed like you had to keep the app open all the time, but now, it seems to be that you just have to be online, you don't have to play, i havent been, and still been getting it.

14. marco76

marco76 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Hi guys a little question.. From 2 days i don t receive the daily bonus - is it normally or there is a bug? can any of you confirm me or not this situation? Thank you in advance..

15. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I have put the score down to one star because they still have nothing done about those hackers, when the hackers are gone I will pull it up to 5 stars again.

16. GeorgyKurgan

GeorgyKurgan Member

May 14, 2013
    Community Manager at ZeptoLab
    Hi everyone!

My name's George and I'm Community Manager at ZeptoLab. I just thought there is a couple of things that needs to be clarified here :)

First, daily gifts. You should get them once every 24 hours, and/or as soon as you go online. Unfortunately, it's the only way for us to prevent people from cheating with the clock and similar bad sport behavior.
    We are hearing, that some of you don't get their gifts for some reason, and we're now trying to figure it out.

Next, the cheaters. No, we can't deal with them from our side, unfortunately. Only Apple can manage the leaderboards, as of now. But this is an important issue to us, so we'll see what we can actually do.

If you have any other questions or technical problems, you can either ask them here, or write a message to support.at.zeptolab.com (which, most likely, would still be answered by me, so no big difference:))

And, of course, thank you all for your tremendous feedback, both positive or negative. I know that every company representative says, that they value consumers' opinion. Can't speak on behalf of other companies, but for us it is very true!

17. Andrey1610

Andrey1610 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    #257 Andrey1610, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    Developers CAN modify leaderboards! Few months ago Apple added this feature.

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=10282013a

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I would really like to know if there's a way you guys could trim down the app size? It's huge right now.. unless I missed an update where it shrunk.

19. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Thanks for looking into the missing daily rewards. I haven't gotten any since the game was released! And I did report this early on to your support email, and then once again later on through the form on the contact page on your website, both times with absolutely no response.

20. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Glad you take notice, so I put my score up to 5 stars.