Universal Cut the Rope 2 - (by ZeptoLab UK Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Anyone playing this game on iPad 4 experiences random stuttering (a lot too)?

2. Not so far, perfectly smooth.

3. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Could this be an iOS 7 issue? Because I can't think of any reason. I closed the other apps. Reboot too. Nothing helps.

4. I don't know, but I have an ipad 4 with ios 7.0.4 and it works perfectly so far.

Maybe try turning off wifi? Sometimes things are going on in the background.

5. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Sorry, but I find this attitude terribly damaging on these forums. By dismissing other posters with a "stop complaining," you are contributing to an oppressive and regressive environment here. People have a right to complain, especially when the top paid app right now might be paving the way to a new trend in IAPs.

If you like, you could try defending the IAP. But simply telling others to stop complaining isn't a productive form of discourse.

6. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    You're taking my post way out of context. Have you seen how many posts that person has made that are nothing but complaints about the same things over and over?

I'm fine with voicing opinions and disdain on things, but when you do 10 or more posts with the same message, complaining about the IAPs in a progressively whinier manner, I don't think you should be taken seriously anymore.

7. TheFrost got a refund by saying his daughter bought the game by accident, so I doubt he will be raising these issues in here anymore.

I too don't see the extreme hate for this game. It's not a game with tons of wait timers, $100 cars, huge paywalls, or ads. Those deserve that kind of hate far more than this.

8. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #188 ROGER-NL, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    Come on people let us enjoy the game it's so much fun, I want complain about the hackers though, there are 19 of them already, hate that. I am no:61 on the first world and it's bugging me those hackers, they said with IOS 7 they got rid of hackers well I don't see it.

9. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    #189 Breinstein, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Hackers on the leaderboard, is negligence on part of the developer. Since iOS 7 developers have much more control over the leaderboards one of the options they now have is manually removing fake scores without the help of Apple

Nb: keep in mind that while you may find complaining about Iap is a no no and that one should enjoy the game instead others may think that leaderboards are frivolous ...

10. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Anyone else able to score clovers without using balloons for levels aside from 3-13 and 3-17? I can't help to think that these alternative solutions, all of which requires use of Blue, were actually unintended solutions or a loophole left by the developer.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn I wonder what kind of big, popular, and world renowned game could do something ridiculous like that? .... :rolleyes:

^sarcasm

12. I dunno, I give up!

13. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Whoppa I am no: 27 on the leaderboard on world one, Whoppa.

14. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I was 54th the last time I checked which was a few hours ago.

I legitimately can't even wrap my head around getting a better score on any of the levels. I think that is my peak, haha.

15. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    8 days of the daioy bonuses. Got enough balloons to get all the clovers and unlock all levels.

Its a crappy strategy to slow the game acheivements down. But its really not so horrible. And the puzzles are crazy good.

16. Guffff

Guffff Member

Aug 1, 2011
    4-14 medal anyone?
    5250 is the max for me, 5300 is required
    whats the trick here?

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Come on The Frost you gave the game one star, don't think the game deserves that, I think your angry of the IAP, you just need to calm down, I have not spend a Euro on IAP yet and I have 10 balloons now, so it's not as bad as you think, sleep a couple of nights on it and maybe you change the score, but it's your decision it's a free world after all or should I say FREEMIUM, Ha Ha.

18. wdreamsmaycome

Dec 20, 2013
    not sure about 1 star, but I really wish that they hadn't done game mechanics IAP, cosmetic, sure, save time, sure, but gating levels behind consumables is a move that IMHO does not fit with cut the rope as a game at all.

Not to mention that some levels are quite obviously tilted towards having users fail even when using IAP to make the consumables go by even faster, take for example the clover on 2-12 which is so close to the bottom of the screen the window to attach the balloon to the falling candy is extremely tiny, and every time you retry there goes another balloon (since there's no "you used a balloon on this level, you can now always use it" functionality)

19. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    For this level, I got 5309 (just made it barely).

It is good that you mentioned this level. Because this level typifies the type of medallion challenges requiring high scores without some "significant" trick.

The challenge score can be achieved using the SAME maneuver you use to solve the level normally. The key is the EXACT TIMING when you let the candy drop which hits the wall (and gets the last star) and then bounces off it quickly to Om Nom. Try repeating it many times, without worrying about the earlier part of the puzzles first. Sooner or later you will see a bounce that is MUCH FASTER and LONGER to reach Om Nom. This is this KEY BOUNCE that you need to replicate which will let you complete the challenge.

20. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    +1

I totally agree with you. This is one of my major criticisms of this otherwise superb game (in addition to the unbearable graphical stuttering).

As you rightly said, it is disappointing that the developer decided to use this cheap trick to get a buck. Some users are reporting daily freebies with clovers, but I have received ONLY one (on the second day) and nothing since then. When I reinstalled the game, I had to restart all over again and lost even that extra clover.