Android Custer 2020 (Retro Atari type)

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by HSS, Jan 28, 2021.

1. HSS

HSS New Member

Jan 28, 2021
    Male
  2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Really?

HSS likes this.
  3. HSS

HSS New Member

Jan 28, 2021
    Male
    yeah this is my very first game.. actually the reason for choosing to remake custer's revenge was basicly "that's the easiest thing to code/make artwise, i can do that".
    Eventually i got creative with it. drinking beer.. UFO's etc

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I get that it was easy to code. It’s also spectacularly offensive, and famously so. This is a game that rightly disappeared from the market, and I can’t understand why anyone would want to bring it back — even as a joke.

And for anyone who thinks I’m being hyperbolic here, let’s just be clear. The original name of the game was “Custer’s Revenge.” You play as Custer, and your objective is to move across the screen to rape a Native American woman (who is naked and bound) — your “revenge” for Little Big Horn.

I guess I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here and assuming that you didn’t know the background or the cultural context. But if you did — yikes!

5. HSS

HSS New Member

Jan 28, 2021
    Male
    My knowledge about America's civil war is very limited as far as C Armstrong goes. By watching angry video game nerd (also mentioning rape) i learned about this game. I found that hard to believe.. because first of all, the female character is smiling and in copy's of the game's manual there is no mention of such an act. I guess the sexual act is discribed as "score".. it insinuates the exchange of bodily fluids of course, but that doesn't mean it was not consensual. Therefore i figured the controversy in the 80's was just typical American exaggeration and people reflecting their own imagination on wel... pretty abstract visuals wouldn't say? i think the company who published the game even won the lawsuit.

But like i said.. i don't know anything about Custer as a historical figure, that news didn't reach europe i guess haha. And for what it's worth, i gave my own spin to the tale as well. Visible in the description on the google play store :)
    Custer falls in love with an indian girl and has to go peepee by the cactus haha.
    Custer as a fictional character should just be a nude dude who likes to drink and party, apart from dodging arrows.. lives drunk, care free and detached from all the serious and nasty real life things.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custer's_Revenge

For context:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Armstrong_Custer?wprov=sfti1