Universal Cursed Treasure 2 (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Well,

Afterhours of fun, perfected until lvl 15.

Last world is a badass, and that parrot after pirate dies is a little disturbing :)

Other than that, will try to perfect all levels until my last drop of blood :)

And for the crashes, I know that there is an update on the way.

Will probably need more levels very soon !

2. IriySoft

IriySoft Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Indie gamedev studio from Bryansk, Russia
    Bryansk, Russia
    Good luck! %D The update will be ready soon, and we plan to add 3 more levels later this year ;)

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I respectfully disagree. People like more control and they like variation. Heroes is popular just because it allows people to feel like that have more input in the action rather than just sitting and watching the battle pan out. You could also choose from an assortment so you could have every level pan out in a different way. Putting control units in a tower is another aspect as in KR, you can reposition them to blockade enemies. And if anything, you could even disable heroes/units if people didn't want to use them.

You bring up an interesting point about it not being a TD once you control people. When KR introduced it, it made it unique and popular. So are we looking for unique features or just features exclusively of classic TD (making it not unique)? I've played so many TD games that I know some "new" stuff just doesn't work as well. Reverse TD was a cool idea but it's an idea that hasn't really caught on.

And yes it's not very unique but there are so few things you can add to make a TD unique. There are often limitations to what you can do on your budget. You could add a summon unit that attacks enemies for a period of time if you want something that isn't persistent. I was a bit bothered by the fact that this game is about Demons/evil monsters yet you pretty much never see any of them (save Ifrit). If you could summon them to help you that'd be another idea. If you're opposed to the idea of controlling units maybe have a tower that summons units periodically but you can't move them? Or maybe add abilities that allow you to draw across the screen and it'll summon magic attacks? Like draw a straight line and thunder bolts will shock that entire line? Just throwing out ideas that aren't very common.

Anyhow, this is not an attempt for an argument. I'm just writing out my thoughts on what I would love to see in this already amazing game :) It's not a deal breaker by any means.

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just three levels in and I can tell this is a great tower defense game. Kudos to the devs. I can't wait to see what they add in the future.

5. thesinmaster

Aug 27, 2013
    Perfected all except lvl 20. Weird think is that, it is harder than the last level :)

Impatiently waiting for the update with 3 new levels until end of the year :)

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Personally, I think this game has just the right amount of action during waves, I don't like TD games where you are constantly tapping on stuff and never get to see if your defense is working - I prefer TD games where the spells/summons/whatever are a back-up when your defense has failed, rather than something to be used constantly. More strategy and less action. This is just personal preference.

7. thesinmaster

Aug 27, 2013
    After a dozens of approach, perfected all. It was one of the best one dollar spent of my life :)

Thanks again once more

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    There's an update out.. but it's just bug fixes :\

Honestly, the bugs in the fix list I've never heard of. Maybe an issue for older devices?

9. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Still waiting for the update for new levels. But any update is okay since it shows Devs are still working on it. Such a great TD game, and I hope more people gets to try it.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah it's my 2nd favorite TD ever. That's quite big considering TDs are one of my favorite game genres.

I just bought Tower Dwellers a few days ago and once I got a few hours in I was completely disappointed..

11. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Tower Dwellers has some good ideas that didn't work quite as well with the TD genre while Cursed Treasure kept the basics of TD and added a few twists to keep it fast paced and entertaining. It also ranks high on my list, of course with KR/KRF being on top.

12. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    Still working on new levels - things are going slow unfortunately...

The bugs were serious in fact - for example, some people couldn't even launch the game because of black screen issue.

13. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Any tips on perfecting level 20-21? Or maybe screenshots? A ninja or monkey always seem to sneak touching a gem. :D

14. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    The key to beat levels 19-21 for brilliant is proper skills upgrade.

Upgrade all the skills that reduce spells costs, upgrade skill that damages scared enemies, also reduce the tower upgrades cost to the minimum and upgrade the skill that adds undead charges to the cave.

On the levels use Fear instead of Meteor whenever possible, save Meteor for strong enemies like flying robot or smuggler.

Hope this helps %)

15. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I have all skills maxed out. My problem is getting the right tower and upgrade for it. Something always managed to sneak in.

16. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    Wow! Well it's a balance of building/upgrading/seizing then and using right spells... I don't think I can give you a good advice here - only a video walkthrough will help... Do you open the treasure chests fast btw?

17. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    No worries. Here is to hoping someone can post their tower placements/builds for level 20 and 21. :D

18. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the first time!!!

19. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    The difficulty of the new maps/update is crazy, but still, enjoying it. It's free also so grab it since it is hands down one of the best TD games out there. :D

UI Bug? The title of the new map is not placed properly on its outline/glow. You can see the plain text at the center.