Universal Cursed Treasure 2 (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I have to keep coming in here to compliment the game. It really delivers. It takes a little while to warm up to it as KR, when I first played it I was wowed but this game slowly and slowly gets better.

The only critiques I have are wishing it loads faster (slow even on the new iphone) and the enemy animations are a little weird. Not sure how to explain it. The art is fine but they move in unnatural looking way. And think KR had the most perfect animation for a TD there ever was. However that's not anything to take away from this game. Aside from the KR series, this game is the best TD there is. If I had never played KR, this would be my #1. I definitely recommend this game.

2. IriySoft

IriySoft Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Indie gamedev studio from Bryansk, Russia
    Bryansk, Russia
    I will do it tomorrow! It won't be huge though - the artist is a girl ;)

3. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Completely agree, especially about the long loading times and weird animations. The enemies have a sort of constipated shuffle when they move. But it's an excellent TD game, even with these minor issues.

4. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Cleared all 21 levels, but have only perfected levels 1-7 (both day and night mode). Time to go back and perfect each and every level.

5. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    Wow! And good luck %)

6. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I too have finished all the levels. Now to go back and three star everything. This was outstanding from start to finish! 5 of 5.

7. Nyx1978

Nyx1978 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Only at level 8 myself but this is the most fun I’ve had with a TD game since Kingdom Rush for sure. And I’ve played a lot of others which are also good, but this just clicks in every way!

8. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Ok guys, after a week of playing, it's very polished and good TD.

Ninjas are a badass and if you damage them early on the map, they will become visible at the halfway of the map. And wait until you see the robots ;)))

My favorite tower type is the blues.

Annoying thing is, it sometime crashes in thr middle of a level, anybody experienced it?

Keep the new levels coming...

9. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    Thanks!

Can you tell me more about the crashes, please? What device do you use to play? Does the game crash when you switch to another app or just when you are playing? Which levels did it crash?

Thanks for help :)

10. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Well can't say whic levels were, using Iphone6 with latest ios.

What I experienced was, game suddenly disappears from screen as well as from running programs list.

Crashed 4 times amongs first three worlds.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm disappointed this game isn't blowing up on the forums. I was skeptical at first but this game is amazing. I'm slowly beating it (don't wanna finish the story mode too fast). I'm enjoying every moment. I love how there's different boss and environment abilities to keep things fresh.

12. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Same. How I wish this game is getting the attention it deserves so the Devs can update it with more maps/levels, or even work with Cursed Treasure 3.

I finished the game, but have not perfected levels 14, 15 and 20, 21 yet. Those ninjas and smoke guys are annoying. :D

13. thecomichunter

Jan 1, 2014
    I had a good time with it! :)

Attached Files:

14. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    Cool! :D

15. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    Whoa! So it crashes during gameplay... May I ask you to send the crash reports to me please? :rolleyes: It's not very simple though, but if you could do it, it would help a lot. Here is the guide about how to get the crash report files from the iPhone:

http://aplus.rs/2009/how-to-find-crash-logs-for-iphone-applications-on-mac-vista-and-xp/

Here is how the filer may look (it will be different, but it will still start with CursedTD2):

CursedTD2_2014-05-31-091819_Maciejs-iPhone.crash

Thanks!

16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    My take on why it's not is that I think it's a pretty good TD game I've enjoyed playing it and it's well worth the money but I don't think it offers anything different or better than other TD games out there.

17. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    Yeah, I think we must think really hard about the features for CT3 that may make the game unique.

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I think it's only overshadowed by KR which is the TD champion however it offers a lot more than almost every other TD in terms of variety and skill trees. My theory is that they're not apparent on the surface so people who glance at it think it's another same old TD. Some other TDs do offer unique ideas like reverse tower battling however it doesn't make them better. I feel like the overall output of the game is what makes it good and not just some fancy features. It has to play well.

Nonetheless I do respect your opinion as everyone has different preferences for what they want in a game.

Although many other games have this I think you should add character units or at least some units for towers that you can somewhat control. It adds another angle to the game since you have to manage them as well.

19. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    Good point, we are discussing this as well, but don't you think that it will be another reason to call the game "KR-like"? This feature doesn't make the game unique, it can be found in many TDs already, but on the other hand it is definitely a good feature that makes the gameplay deeper...

20. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I really dislike that sort of thing in tower defence games. It seems a bit gimmicky, and if I wanted to play a game where I controlled people running around shooting things I wouldn't be playing a tower defence game.