Universal Cursed Treasure 2 (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I also did change my purchase philosophy. I have tons of games on wishlist, but if its a TD game, it is almost, always a first day purchase for me. As well as other devs that im a fan of.

Grabbed Cursed 1, can't believe what a huge leap cursed 2 is in terms of graphics, features and gameplay. If you like old school graphics and gameplay, it is still a good buy.

2. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    For a buck, it looks like I'll have to give the original a try as well. Thanks for the feedback. Though I'm real enjoying this one at the moment. And this game, along with Anomaly, makes it a great week for tower defense games.

3. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    I loved the first game and I'm really enjoying the sequel. Wanted to know if there is any plan to release future levels and content updates for the game?

Also I hate the ninjas so much >.< they somehow always mess up my chance to get a 3 star rating on levels

4. Stingy Tower

Stingy Tower Member

May 25, 2014
    So far I'm not too thrilled with purchasing this game. The maps are small, unappealing to look at, and are very limited in variance in where and what type of towers your going to place. If a tower spot is within range of creeps- your putting a predetermined tower there end of story. There are tower spots that cover zero path and are completely useless. The interface takes up 20% of the screen. Enemy wave animation is poor, they just "slide" along or zip along. The list goes on..:(

I wanted to like this Tiny Heroes themed TD, but it feels way too restrictive in strategy for the genre.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ How much have you played? I felt exactly the same as you as first but after the 3rd level I fell in love. You realize there's more to it after getting into it. It seems restrictive on the first couple of levels but later on you have to make wise decisions about which towers to place with your money and to chop down trees where to place which towers. It's different and takes a little warming up to.

And if you paid 99 cents for this game that's a steal. For me it's a top 3 TD game on iOS.

6. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Man, I haven't even opened my Anomaly yet. :D

I heard the game went on sale, for .99 cents, its too good to pass on, especially if you are a TD fan. For most, games like these are ignored, but if you really like TD games, this and Demons VS Fairyland are pretty much the next best thing you can play (next to KR of course).

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Just curious (and slightly off topic), but what's good about Demons vs Fairyland? I saw the art and it's not really my thing. Maybe there's something special about the gameplay? The art in this game and KR are my favorite. Everything just looks really polished.

8. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I'm afraid the graphics is a combination of pixel and raster art in which I myself find weird. I like the gameplay though, nothing special but they added the twist like you need to plan where your long range, freeze and soldiers/blockers should be placed. The game is exactly the same as Cursed Treasure 2 in terms of, you beat a level, level up, upgrade, move on other levels, and go back and perfect other levels as you level up. Upgrade system is also nice.

I think it is a great game, as I've said, for TD nuts.

9. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I hate IAP but understand they are going nowhere! All I need to know is the gameplay tapered towards forcing IAP. Tower defense is a genre that can Easilly be ruined by this method as the game can Easilly become too hard needing IAP. This is when I despise IAP. If they are just there for lazy people who can't be bothered to get through a game the hard way or casual gamers that struggle to know the difference between the x and y buttons then I don't mind them.

So let me know as I want this. Btw, I feel kimgdom rush was an example of IAP actually ruining a perfect game. Before it was updated with IAP it was balanced to perfection, when they added IAP, the gameplay felt like the difficulty curve pushed you to the store to get 3 star ratings!

10. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I know that the iAP here is for special skills like those with KR. KR is a bit more generous in giving the resources though, in this game, they are skulls in which you can earn for free, very slowly.

As with KR, you will need to grind until you can level up the upgrades, strong enough so that you can perfect previous levels. Its not easy, you will need to grind a bit, but so far, at level 12, I dont think there will be any paywalls. The way i play these games is that i keep on going, completing each level even with just one star, upgrade, level up, then go back to previous levels as i get stronger through upgrades and perfect them.

As far as i can remember also, it doesnt prompt or harass you with iAP notices. I think the only time i was prompted (with skills and iAP) was with the tutorials.

11. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    A launch sale 4 days after launch. Nice way to screw your early adopters. :(

12. IriySoft

IriySoft Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Indie gamedev studio from Bryansk, Russia
    Bryansk, Russia
    Sorry for that, but we really had to go for it.

13. IriySoft

IriySoft Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Indie gamedev studio from Bryansk, Russia
    Bryansk, Russia
    Yes, we already work on the level pack (3 levels with new art, new buildings, new enemies and a new boss ;)

14. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Really enjoying this, normally not much of a fan of these types of games. I love the look and simple controls.

15. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Played the flash version. It's a damn fine td game:)

16. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    That is awesome news, although it will be a long time before I exhaust the current content. I will be happy to purchase the additional content.

17. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i gotta give it to the devs here. they really care about the customers. 5/5 just for that. plus the game's good too. :)

18. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    As I get further in this game, I just have to say this even though it may be considered sacrilege: Cursed Treasure 2 is as good as the Kingdom Rush games!

19. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    I will admit I am enjoying this as much as I did the original kingdom rush!

It is hard and it does give you a nudge to spend in store. But it feels brilliantly balanced. This is the best 69p I have spent In a long time. I almost feel guilty!

This has passed the, I'm still up at 3 playing this test! Two nights in a row!

P.s. I got FIFA 15 yesterday and didn't play it as I was too busy with this haha

20. tysonibele

tysonibele Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    The artwork for this game is really phenomenal. The artists deserve a huge pat on the back!