Universal Cursed Treasure 2 (by Armor Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Aw bummer. Thanks for posting. As you can see.. some lurkers basically took the codes and not actual people that are posting on the forum. No one even said thanks or code taken. Very ungrateful. Now those of us that were actually interested won't be able to try it.

Anyhow, thanks for dropping by! Next time if you do promo codes, maybe ask people to PM you instead :) Hopefully your game does well. It looks good! I'd try it if I had any more money to spare this month.

2. Nyx1978

Nyx1978 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2013
    I just bought this, looks great, can't wait to go home and start playing during commute!

3. IriySoft

IriySoft Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2011
    Indie gamedev studio from Bryansk, Russia
    Bryansk, Russia
    Oh... Ok.
    Please PM me for promo codes - I guess I still have a couple of them available ;)

4. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    I would recommend Man at Arms, followed by Pirates TD if yu want something a little different but still excellent!

5. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    The codes are over...

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Too bad there wasn't a way to find out who used the codes to weed out some of the lurkers. It's such an insult to the developer that is just trying to get some feedback on their game. At least 75% of all codes taken by Lurkers most of the time. Not even a thank you. Frustrating.

OT: The game looks awesome! I'll be picking it up today.

7. IriySoft

Dec 21, 2011
    Bryansk, Russia
    Next time I will ask for PM to get the code! :)

8. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i played for a few minutes. seems cool. the type of tower that you can build is determined by the groundtype. also towers can only be upgraded after they have accumulated enough experience which is pretty neat. The enemies (i have only seen a handful) have skills that they can utilize and special effects, such as the knights armor breaking, granting him more speed. i've only just passed the second level, but since no one else has posted anything yet, i thought i might put up a couple quick observations i have seen.

gonna play some more, i'll post more later

9. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I have only played a few levels but so far I am liking this a lot. There appears to be a ton of depth, and the game has all of great tower defense features you would expect. It is too early to tell if there is anything new that you haven't seen before in good TD games, but it seems to be very solid with plenty of content and nice presentation. I loved the first Cursed Treasure game and this has the same appeal for me.

10. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Only had time for a quick try so far, but it's looking pretty promising...
    Definitely like the graphics!

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Quick review:

Pretty good game. I absolutely love the graphics and the gameplay is easy to pick up but adds some new features. The interesting concept is there are only 3 main towers however they can only be placed on certain parts of the map. To mix things up, there are special skills for terrain and also the game puts a lot of emphasis on using the terrain to your advantage (cutting trees to place towers). In a way, the main focus of the game is terrain management/placement. It's an interesting concept that I hope will deliver as I play more. There's a skill tree to invest points and it seems a good length because some skills can be upgraded multiple times. The game has a nice fast forward button that you can hold down, which I like better than auto fast forward (which can get bad if you suddenly get overwhelmed). That's a really great feature. The game has good content and doesn't feel cheap as there's an encyclopedia with enemy info and in-game achievements to earn you XP.

My only gripe so far is that the menus and transitions seem a bit sluggish. Normally on TDs I don't notice the load times all the much but it seems like this one loads quite a bit. This doesn't affect the gameplay but it's rather noticeable. I also wish there could be minions or beast units you could place on the screen. It would certainly mix things up. Other than that I'm really enjoying this one.

12. PNem

PNem Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    If you only buy one TD game this week, this should be it. Cursed Treasure 2 is quite good.

In addition to what other have pointed out, I like the alternate game mode for each level ... there's the standard "Day" and the alternate "Night" mode. Night mode limits options for tower placement and increases the challenge nicely.

I've played through a fair number of the 21 levels, and there is quite a bit of variety. The addition of various fixed structures that directly impact gameplay is an interesting twist. These are are things like resource generators, enemy spawn locations, and buildings that attack enemies similar to towers.

There are no hero units, but I do not view that as a negative.

Your performance on each level is graded on a familiar 3-star basis. Getting 3 stars on all levels (especially in Night mode) will take some trial and error.

The skill tree is extremely deep, and each upgrade also improves all towers in small ways (range, damage, etc). Overall, seems like a lot of hours of gameplay are ahead of me.

That said, there is the curious omission of any kind of endless mode. Not a game-breaker, but something I would have enjoyed.

13. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    PNem:

I agree this is an excellent TD game. That other TD game released this week looks to be good as well.

I have played a lot of IOS TD games, but I do not recall an endless mode. What do you mean by that?

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Endless mode is generally when enemies continually spawn until you get over run. Kingdom Rush Frontiers just added that not too long ago though it's been a long time since it has been released.

15. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    This is a fantastic little Kingdom Rush clone. Enough small differences to keep it fresh and lots of resource spending options to give some hard decisions. Great TD and highly reccomended for any fans of KR.

16. sortvind

sortvind Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Sigh, iap off course, hate it when appstore dont show it, will revoke purchase, thanks for ruining a potentially good game :)

17. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Except you don't need them. I'm still wasting time on level 5 but everything can be done with in-game coins and leveling up. Seriously I don't get why people moan about optionnal stuff that don't kill the balance of the game. In any case you need to grind so as to unlock the achievements so it's no big deal.

18. Thomadaneau

Thomadaneau Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Digital marketing consultant
    Anybody else experienced a save file lost? After 5-6 hours in the game.

19. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I got a code from the Dev but I got some credit and bought the game. Anybody want it?

20. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Sent you a pm Infinity