Universal Cubic! (by KeitGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 2, 2015.

1. KeitGames

KeitGames Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Also, what do you mean by "sandbox mode"?

2. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    It's a Game Center state you enter into via your device's Settings (as opposed to within GC itself). When you are beta testing a game you set it to sandbox mode to be able use GC for the game you're testing. I discovered that while testing Glooze and a couple other games, some of which I am still testing so I keep it set to sandbox mode. I'm too lazy to switch back and forth. :) That's my understanding, anyway.

3. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Haha, since the game "forces" you to play a round before seeing your high scores I just spammed a round.

P

4. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    OH ya i know what you're talking about. But that shouldn't effect the gameplay in any way...

5. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    No, it doesn't but it has separate leaderboards in Game Center. If you turn in sand box under settings - Game Center, you can see for yourself. As previous poster said beta testing requires sand box to be enabled in order to work, and I'm to lazy to switch it off.

One more tip although it may be quite obvious. Use the "drag feature" to see how the enemies move, before making the actual move.

Pedroapan

6. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Oh ya that's a great tip. Especially when there's an enemy near the center but you don't know which direction he's going to go.

Just move "halfway" or whatever and adjust your course if needed.

As the developer, I got really excited when that part of the game really worked because to me, it meant the game was really coming together and out of the prototype/MVP stage.

7. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Whoah ... It seems I indeed have made the game harder, especially in the early stages :/

Submitting and update today that addresses this...

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I knew it :) you SpellTowered it. Lol.

9. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    LOL! Ya my bad... The update going live has less units spawning between turns 1-20 so you can actually build up a decent amount of friendlies before being swamped by baddies haha

10. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Update for Cubic! just went live today...

Hopefully it's not stupid hard anymore haha

Enjoy! :)

11. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    ALSOOOO! HUGE NEWS!

Want to create iOS games? I've actually got a book that was published a few days ago about creating iOS games in Cocos2D.
    https://www.packtpub.com/game-development/mastering-cocos2d-game-development

In the book I go over how to create a game from start to finish (ideation/prototype phase to polish/release). The game that gets made throughout the book is actually Cubic!

If you have any questions for me, feel free to hit me up.

-Alex

12. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    New boards sound awesome and new colors =>

13. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Cubic! is now free.

No there are no Ads. Why? Cuz I don't really care. I just want people to play my games :)

ENJOY! :)

14. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Seriously loving this game! I got up to 4th in Gamecenter on 229 turns. Unfortunately since yesterday a couple of people have beaten me so it's now 6th #

My main tactic so far seems to be to throw away the green squares and clear the centre square every turn I can purely concentrate on getting yellow ones until I have three or four (still working our which is best) yellow squares moving around and then one yellow square sat in the centre never moving. It's done me quite well so far.

15. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    :D That's awesome!

And in case anyone reads Chinese, a website recently featured Cubic!:
    http://www.ifanr.com/app/536649

16. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    This is pretty good! In the beginning I didn't understand how to control my green/yellow blocks but just now I discovered what the rules are. Aaaand I see it is in the description too ... But be careful, as you can only move 1 unit at a time, and your units move in the direction they were last instructed.. This should have been in the tutorial, as it is very important information (or did I miss it somehow?)